What's going on with Popmarket online store?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by telepicker97, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum? Thread Starter

Been a week or so. Anyone have any information on when they'll be back?

lightbulb likes this.
  2. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

The email blasting has also stopped cold. It appears that they are taking a break from selling anything. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the credit card charge backs they must have surely racked up after all the holiday orders they took but could not fulfill...

lightbulb likes this.
  3. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Hopefully PopMarket is just revising their marketing and website process, and eliminating the snags.
    (Maybe they should reach out to this forum or dedicated customers for advice...!)

Over the years, PM DID sell some good sets at great prices. Their 20% discounts helped, too.

4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I for one never had any major issues with them and was a consistent customer...especially once they started sending out some amazing Daily Deal emails. Sure I had to wait a little longer than expected a few times but that was the worst of it for me. I really hope they come back although my wallet is appreciating the rest!

rediffusion and lightbulb like this.
  5. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Every time I go and check the site out I get a notice that it's under construction. This is going on for a few weeks. Anybody know what's going on with Popmarket?
    popmarket

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Good riddance to them as far as I'm concerned.

Strummergas, markmck79 and mooseman like this.
  7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Seeing this thread, it just occurred to me that I haven't received a promotional e-mail message from them in awhile.

Galley and mooseman like this.
  8. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I bought this from them about 3 weeks ago. I guess I got there just in time.

[​IMG]

lightbulb and 500Homeruns like this.
  9. KeithH

I just searched Pop Market on Google and found their Facebook page. They posted on Facebook yesterday (music trivia, upcoming Purple Rain release).

lightbulb likes this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

lucky! that was a great deal.
    i swore them off when they never shipped my pre-order and i had to email asking where it was. I think they started burning through stock and overselling what they had and couldn't fulfill orders

mooseman and ibanez_ax like this.
  11. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

but the website said it's under repair.

12. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Their home page does say the site's under construction - but it also contains newly designed links to an FAQ, a Customer Service contact form, and a blog, all of which are working links to working pages. So it looks like they've probably done a redesign but the update/restoration/design of their database and shopping cart functions aren't done yet.

As for the "good riddance" comment above, to each their own, but I've ordered from them twice and it's been a smooth experience with the lowest available price each time.

lightbulb, 500Homeruns and Simon A like this.
  13. telepicker97

They're swamped.

Got 30% back on my Sly set (making it less than $30 shipped), and I asked them about when I could use my $40 gift card, and the person I contacted at PM indicated that I would be able to use my gift card before it expires...

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They had some hot deals when they first started (I'm thinking of the Miles Davis trumpet case box of boxes for cheap). But after some time, they just felt like a waste of time. So if this is it, I won't miss them.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  15. KeithH

I realize that. My point was that they have not disappeared completely.

telepicker97 and mooseman like this.
  16. telepicker97

Free shipping and great customer service - popmarket, come back!!

lightbulb likes this.
  17. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

What customer service? I'm still fighting them about my Kinks box.

mooseman likes this.
  18. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I ordered from them right after Thanksgiving, received an album about a week later, notice I say AN album, not the one I ordered. After months of trying, I just got them to fix this a couple of weeks ago. They must be affiliated with Best Buy, the album I received had Best Buy shipping labels on the inside and Best Buy return labels included with PopMarket labels on the outside. If they are having to fix a lot of orders like they have with mine, which their emails to me have said they are swamped, and overloaded, I can understand not taking new orders till they can fix others.

lightbulb likes this.
  19. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

I'll miss PopMarket !

They were great for ordering Box Sets, Deluxe Editions, various Bundles, etc. - at discounts of 20% or more.

The key was just waiting patiently for the desired item at the right price.

I loved that I NEVER had to pay for shipping - hear that, Amazon?!?

Again, I would only buy product with a Discount Code - preferably 20%, at the same time it was an advertised Daily Deal at a markdown.

I rarely made impulse buys; and always held back if I didn't have a Discount Code.

When getting a new active Code, I'd just Google an older Daily Deal... If stock was still available, then I'd be able to combine both discounts. (However, that only worked with the older version of PopMarket.)

What other business allowed that type of "roll-up" savings?!?!?

Come back, PM !!! :cry: :help: :cry:

20. 00Diablo

00Diablo Senior Member

Their customer service was non-existent, in my experience. I received an unacceptably damaged Smile box-set and not once did I get any response on my multiple inquiries for a replacement or return.

I finally had to have my credit card company charge it back, and a few weeks later I got a hostile email from PopMart wondering why I didn't feel like I should pay for my order. I replied to explain the situation and provided a timeline of my inquiries, and they went ahead and had the charge-back reversed anyway - with never showing the decency to respond to my reply! I had to raise bloody hell with my credit card company and mail in all my documentation to finally get the charge reversed once and for all.

One of the worst e-commerce experiences ever for me.

Spitfire and tmtomh like this.
  21. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Yikes, that's terrible! :(

22. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I was frustrated that they couldn't simply separate the vinyl sale e-mail alerts from the CD sale e-mail alerts. Would've liked to choose to not receive vinyl ones.

23. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

I just hope that i can still use the $50 credit they gave me recently. I hope so.

24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Wow, that's really bad. They used to be alright. Sometimes they took a bit of time to get back to you, but the generally sorted things out. I can't believe how far they fell in terms of customer service.

25. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I'm done with them anyway. The use the worst mailers for LPs. Everytime I've bought vinyl from them, it's shown up damaged. Sure, they always make good on replacements, but it's a friggin' hassle to deal with EVERY time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.