Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Is Aunt Stella still alive?

905 likes this.
  2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Some Googling tells me Aunt Stella passed away a bit more than 20 years ago.

But man, here's a promo for the ages :)

JamieC and MikeInFla like this.
  3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Maybe they should bring back the hand

[​IMG]

JamieC likes this.
  4. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I don't see Orton and Cena going one-on-one at Wrestlemania 33 either.

5. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

God I loved that woman! If you don't know, Val was better known as Sunshine and this was in the aftermath of Jimmy Garvin dumping Sunshine(his real life cousin) for Precious(his real life wife).And yes she was Sunshine's real aunt who raised her. Garvin ran like a dog from a neutering vet from Stella May.

Will Rogers was my favorite place to watch wrestling. Channel 11 on Saturday night!

905 and RayS like this.
  6. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

This is from the comments below the above video This is her youngest daughter.
    Mz Stormy4 years ago
    She passed away May 11 1996 I was 14 years old. She had lung cancer. Her real name was Tanya Lee Pope. She use to tell me stories of her day as Stella Mae and Tanya West. Wish I would have known her better. I lost all of her photos in an apartment fire. So I am always looking on the net to try and find something. She did move to Florida and I do know she waitressed for a while. Then she ended up helping a blind lady until she fell ill.

MikeInFla and RayS like this.
  7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I enjoyed the XFL "30 for 3o" despite the claims of bias because of who produced it. Vince looked really strange in the final scene like he had some work done.

driverdrummer and RayS like this.
  8. RayS

I missed it but will "on demand" it soon. I remember watching that first game (and none after it, if I remember right).

9. MikeInFla

10. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Longtime wrestling star Chavo Guerrero Sr. died Saturday at the age of 68 due to complications from liver cancer.

His son and former WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrero Jr. announced the news on Instagram:
    chavoguerrerojrToday the world lost a true rebel. He did things "HIS" way. Not always right, not always wrong, but He always followed what he believed in. He was diagnosed with Liver Cancer in early January of this year. As believer in Christ Jesus, he is now in Paradise. Today is a Sad day in the Guerrero Family. Rest In Peace Chavo "Classic" Guerrero Sr. #rip#nowinheaven
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ralphk, Matthew Tate and RayS like this.
  12. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

13. RayS

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the person leaking information from WWE creative is doing such a good job. Cena over AJ at Royal Rumble, Orton winning the Rumble, Wyatt winning Elimination Chamber, Goldberg getting the shot vs KO ... all dead on in the past 3 weeks. Almost time to stop reading the dirt sheet pages, they are turning into spoilers.

14. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

That Jericho/Owens segment from last night was one for the ages... what a roller coaster... KO was amazing... coming out with that mixed, emotional look on his face like a man who made a deal with the devil... just his demeanor alone was telling a story

Sammy Banderas and RayS like this.
  15. RayS

Imagine the look on his face after jobbing to Goldberg in under 2 minutes. :)

16. jmobrien68

Right... but they made that squash match a little more intriguing by teasing a renewed alliance with Triple H (and possibly Samoa Joe).

17. RayS

Yes, I probably shouldn't comment as I only saw the final 10 minutes of the show - Bayley's big moment. But holy cow has a little bit of Goldberg gone a whole long way (in the worst sense possible).

18. jmobrien68

Congrats to her... just don't know why they didn't flesh this thing out a bit longer. I would have liked to see Bayley chase the title for a long time and then getting a big payoff like they did with her in NXT. Is this just a way to quickly rack up a big title count for Charlotte so she can get as many reigns as her Dad? You know she's getting the belt back at Fastlane, unless they don't book a title match.
    I hate when the WWE makes me try to think like a booker and not a fan... I just want to be a fan.
    Another thing, based on the potential WM leaks... Cena in a mixed tag with Bella vs Miz and Maryse? Damn... what a waste of talent.
    Cena is on top of his game right now in the ring... would we really hate to see another Cena/Styles match... I'd love it. Mixed gender tags are the worst gimmick ever. I could even buy into Cena/Miz in a singles match... why include the girls?
    And they are going to stick AJ in a match with Shane? A guy who hasn't worked since last WM? How can he be considered a credible opponent for one of the best workers in the business right now? It makes no sense to me... actually it comes off a bit insulting to Styles if you ask me.

19. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

In the tease for tonight's Smackdown, they stated that Bray Wyatt was now champ ... ? ? ?

So Cena dropped the belt at a house show ? Rather unusual ... :wantsome:

20. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

Shane may not perform much, but he is still one of the best moment makers the WWE has. Granted, it's due to the fact that he's allowed to do things that no one else is allowed to do, but I think the boys all like working with him. Whatever negatives exist with Vince aren't there for Shane, as every report says that he earns his respect with each and every member of the back.

21. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

He dropped it at the Elimination Chamber PPV on Sunday.

22. jmobrien68

In a pretty spectacular fashion... multi-man gimmick match, but he still got a clean pin on Cena after hitting the 'Sister Abigail' and then finally beating Styles to win the match... that right there would be a great feud for the title while Cena goes off to work on his next project.

23. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

Of course, I should have known ... :doh:

Thanks gents ~! :tiphat:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that makes me wonder. when was the last time the title was dropped at a house show since this time it was a ppv

25. MikeInFla

Prob when Christian dropped the European Title many moons ago to Booker T due to injury. But yeah, it has been a long time since a change at a house show.

Matthew Tate likes this.