Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

You want her too is still more a duet but the rest of the songs have Paul on lead with Elvis doing harmony vocals . judging by the tracks, these songs were probably intended for a solo Paul album

2. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Nice to learn!

theMess likes this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Knowing the way things are, I'm pretty confident that secret will come out prior to release

theMess, Wingsfan2012 and DeeThomaz like this.
  4. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Well, all of a sudden the deluxe set looks very intriguing. Thanks!

theMess and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Me personally, I tend to gravitate towards the less produced songs so this disk for me is extremely enjoyable.

6. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Thanks for the info!

Do you think there is a noticeable difference (either in a good way or otherwise) in sound quality between the original 1989 album and the new remaster? This was an album that is generally regarded as being a really good sounding release anyway so I'm hoping they haven't gone down a more modern "compressed" route with the remaster!

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  7. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I'm not going to get mad at anyone who spoils it. But if I get to hear it innocently for myself, that will also be very cool.

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I am no expert on compression and what not so maybe not the best to ask, but to my ear it is better. I like the voice more up front and like This One, the acoustic guitar sounds like he's playing in the room almost. I know, very non technical answer, I apologize

Whoops addendum.....to my ears better but I'll let you experts dissect that when you get it

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well no fear, I will not spoil it

DeeThomaz likes this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I gonna head to dinner. Still can't get too specific but that should give you something to chew on. I'll check back later

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

anthontherun likes this.
  12. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

When you get back from dinner, can you say if the "1988 Demo" version of "My Brave Face" seems to be the slow version we've heard about?

13. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

So they're the band demos with Paul, Elvis, Hamish Stuart, Steve Niece (of Nicky Hopkins), Chris Whitten and Kevin Armstrong, right? Armstrong talked about it in my book. Do we have any info about the line up?

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Sorry, can't answer that. I do not have nor did I see the box itself

Time to pick up my order! Starving

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  15. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Somebody PM me about the secret track.

Wild guess, an off the cuff All my loving or Leave my kitten alone or something like that...

I NEED to know more about the band demos.. on a scale of 1-10 hypothetically

If the Paul/Elvis guitar demos are a 2-1/2 in terms of development, & the finished 1989 album is a 10 with all the arrsngements, musicians etc... That's 10 for the 89 album.... Could we fairly say the 88 Band 'Demos' are a 7 ? Simply lacking sweetening overdubs ? Or are they more like a "5'

I'm most interested in the 4 songs we never heard McCartney sing lead - with a band.. or at all

So Like Candy
    Playboy To A Man
    Twenty Fine Fingers
    Tommy's Coming Home
    4 new McCartney tracks ! Good uns

16. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Hopefully Paul and Elvis busked out a version of "Bip Bop" or even better, "Women Kind"! :uhhuh:

17. Nerktwin

Nerktwin Forum Resident

Barnes and Noble carries some of the deluxe editions in store. My store on 14th street in NYC had The Ram deluxe and TOW and POP last time I was there.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Maybe they threw on their live "One after 909"?

Johnny Reb, theMess, forthlin and 4 others like this.
  19. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I know B&N does...and Best Buy, but he was taalking about Target. I've never seen them in a Target.

20. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

No....it will most certainly be "Now and Then"!!!!

21. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I'm hoping it's a PM cover of "Lipstick Vogue."

22. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Umm. I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at? It makes me hope that we get everything on a physical format. Could there be hope for the future.

...And a Coming Soon Card is a necessity!

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It's been beaten to death in conversation as an argument that the two disks could be condensed into one. Not getting at anything other than confirming the fact that the would fit on one disc. No news flash here, you are not getting everything on physical disk.

And if coming soon card is a necessity, you might as well not buy the set. My friend got a full, sealed boxed set and there was no coming soon card, so I fully expect that they won't be included. Full boxed sets are not given out as promos due to cost, usually a special 3 disk set is given. The only card given is one with all of the released sets on it with a message to check Paul mccartney.com for future releases

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Ken.e. likes this.
  24. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

In all seriousness, a lot of these gifs appear to show Paul in the studio in footage I've not seen before. If this means the DVD is going to show plenty of studio footage, I'm a happy fan

25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Well I just pre ordered the best buy exclusive so someone let me know if I am getting a tote bag of you hear