Sony Legacy Pop Market (Pt 5)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

...I guess you can "cut your losses", and if they already charged your CC, file a claim. But you'll lose your order...:(:realmad:
    ... Which could just be bottle-necked in the pipeline...

2. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

...but, if the company is going under, maybe there is no "pipeline"?

stinsojd and lightbulb like this.
  3. Speezy

Speezy Well-Known Member

I ordered the Sepultura box set which arrived damaged. They said they would exchange it and sent me a prepaid shipping label to send it back. The next day the site went down and they've never shipped the replacement. Glad I waited to send back the original.

4. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I wrote them about an lp That is apparently backorderd. Anyway, they told me I should have it in a couple of weeks. So, I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful that it will not go away.

lightbulb likes this.
  5. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Thankfully I got my Led Zep 5 lp BBC sets before this happened.
    A deal at $36 a piece but took about a month.

6. putz

putz Forum Resident

Got this reply today from PM after messaging them on Facebook last week. It was for a December order that arrived damaged that they were supposed to replace and never did.

Our apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Unfortunately, shipping has been halted as we undergo some improvements to the site and our services.

You will be refunded for the original order and a separate email will be sent to confirm.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

7. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

It really seems like they are trying to unload their company.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

This explains why they couldn't fulfill a preorder I had last month , said they were sold out with no more coming even though I had already paid to reserve mine
    Glad I took refund instead of gift card

9. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Curious...
    I wondering if the intended business model was to just "move product" at full list prices...

Perhaps having a customer base that primarily bought product - like I did - cut into their overall projected profit margins.
    (I would only buy product with a Discount Code - preferably 20%, and when it was an advertised Daily Deal.
    Or a Record Store Day special.)
    I rarely made impulse buys; and always held back if I didn't have a Discount Code.

When getting an active Code, I used to Google an older Daily Deal. However, that only worked with the older version of PopMarket.

DLD, jimhb and Mr. H like this.
  10. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Just wrote a nasty e-mail to them as they refused to refund my money for a damaged Kinks box.

11. I don't see who ever is running this, coming back from this. This has not been handled well, if it is supposed to be a respite, and what business ever takes a respite? At best Sony will have to take this back, and rebrand it.

Amazon could easily pick up where it left off, by picking up the product surpluses and blow them out as they did before Popmarket.

12. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I find it interesting they are still posting on Facebook and Twitter.

13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yeah, and if you google "popmarket" and any other music related term, you get links to working pages that are devoid of product. So maybe they are in the middle of a transition that is taking longer than expected.

14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Maybe someone with tiny hands got involved and that is why they are now floundering

GentleSenator and zephyr25 like this.
  15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

16. Put in a dispute with my credit card for the Skynyrd 45rpm Lps, I had used Amazon Pay, because I thought they did not charge me until it was shipped. But I saw I was charged immediately (Dec) for something that has not been delivered.

17. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Maybe they're looking for a buyer or 'in-talks' with someone to take over the company.

18. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Isn't Popmarket essentially a liquidation outlet for Sony Music? I can't imagine them selling off the operation.

19. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

They're no longer part of Sony. There were some posts earlier in this thread discussing this.

Chauncey and jason202 like this.
  20. Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

22. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I sent them a message via Facebook and they said:

thanks for reaching out! We are working to get back up and running ASAP - hopefully in the next week or two. Thanks for your patience!

I sent a follow up about possible big changes and they said "hopefully!"

Juggsnelson likes this.
  23. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Well that's positive news I guess. I ordered quite a bit from them....especially once they started the multiple daily deals. I never had an issue except a delay here or there.

masterbucket likes this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

The website appears to be gone completely now. I'd say they're history.

25. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Good riddance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.