B&N 20% off one item (until 2/20)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member Thread Starter

2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Heard there was 30% off coupon out there?

3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

4. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Link just shows me their "Vinyl Store".

5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yes but use the code in the text

L775CEDF61D74

Davidmk5, Lethrus and Gaslight like this.
  6. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Does that work in store by any chance?

7. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks! I might find something worthwhile at 30% off.

8. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

The Bowie "Who Can I Be Now" Vinyl box would be a great way to use that 30% off!!!

Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976)

9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

10. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

My wallet is not particularly happy with you right now.

Ended up grabbing RTJ3 on LP (that 30% dropped it to a much more reasonable price) + Weeknd's Starboy on CD to grab the free ship.

And of course I'll have to stop by my local store today with this one (since I'm a glutton for punishment).

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Used a 30% off in-store to grab the new Vangelis "Rosetta" album on vinyl. Came out to less than $19. Thank goodness it is a dead quite pressing, the music demands that much.

12. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

Yep, clerk entered it and worked without issue.

13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Los Lobos "Kiko" on MFSL vinyl for around $30 is a good deal. Original issue- the only other one on vinyl- is super hard to find, and the MFSL sounds great.

Post some other suggestions people!

14. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

B&N records are normally overpriced to begin with. What's worth to buy there now? Anyone?

15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I dare to say there isn't much point in convincing one with such a preconceived notion. I offer this more for others who might be taken in by your general statement.

B&N in my experience is priced competitively against most brick & mortars in my area. I have several to choose from, B&N happens to be among the closest in proximity. Let's say Amoeba has an album I want for a few bucks cheaper, I'm not driving 40-ish miles in traffic just for such savings.

I often buy new release and B&N exclusive vinyl without a coupon (but with my 10% member discount which certainly helps). Their coupons will often create savings which exceed most brick & mortars in my area and at that point become competitive against the likes of Amazon and sometimes exceeds them as well. Case in point, the Vangelis album I referenced. $19.89 at B&N $29.99 on Amazon.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  16. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

John Prine S/T (2016 reissue) this is an outstanding reissue, cut by Kevin Gray
    John Prine

17. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Online B&N's prices are competitive with Amazon, in store they're at normal retail pricing. Either way if you use a coupon you save or save big. If you're a member it's 10% off the price in store and then another 20% off that. If buying online the membership gets you free shipping with no minmum purchase.

I visited my local store yesterday and bought the new Ryan Adams album, "Prisoner" which is $18.99. With my membership and coupon it cost me $14.87 with 9.5% sales tax included, not bad right? In addition B&N are selling a version of this title with an exclusive LP jacket (not that that's a significant draw for me).

I'll use the online code as well this weekend. These can be used multiple times while the codes are active, but your purchases must be separate to get the discount each time. In store coupons for members don't necessarily work more than once, but it's always worth trying.

Davidmk5 and Gaslight like this.
  18. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Agree with @DigMyGroove. If you're a member, than 10% off + a 20% coupon = usually the price drops significantly below Amazon prices.

ARK likes this.
  19. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Thanks for mentioning this new Vangelis release, I wasn't aware if it and will definitely purchase one on vinyl.

SJP likes this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

And to correct my subsequent post, it was $18.89 plus tax after the 10% member discount and 30% coupon.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  21. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I found the reissue of Crowded House's Woodface LP worth buying at $16.84, using the 30% coupon. If the store had stocked the band's Together Alone reissue I would have bought that, using the concurrent 20% coupon, for $19.44.

Davidmk5 and SJP like this.
  22. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Used the coupon at the local B&N with the discount got the new Sturgill Simpson for less than $6.50!

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Got a 30% off code ( 4DQKRKT2K2SL5 ) from a member on Blu-ray.com, and it WORKS :agree: on one item, but there's literally nothing I want !?!? I'm not a B & N member, and I did try an experimental buy, i.e. took my cart all the way to the end.

Someone else, or several someone elses can enjoy though.

24. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

You do need to price compare. Using the Cars 'Elektra Years' box as an example, both B&N and Amazon are selling the vinyl for $94.99, but the CD's are 40% less at Amazon via 3rd party sellers (after shipping and before tax). Even with the B&N discounts Amazon will still be a few dollars cheaper.

25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Was browsing and tripped into the Star Wars Ultimate Soundtrack Collection box which they have marked down to $44.99. That should be $31 & change with the 30% coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.