Monkees Record Store Day exclusives 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JDistheone, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

2. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

The replacement copy of 'Instant Replay' arrived today.
    It came in a plain white jacket with plastic inner sleeve and is of the same green marble vinyl as the original (defective) one.
    This one DOES have "The Girl I Left Behind Me" on it.
    The deadwax differs from the original by virtue of the inclusion of "RE-1"

Thank you, Rhino!

BenB5150 and D-rock like this.
  3. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

How was your replacement shipped? My Blu-ray box replacement came via UPS. I emailed my info/photo for the "Instant Replay error pressing to Rhino back in May and received confirmation that they'd be sending corrected copies when available. Do I still need to remind them, or do you think I'm good to go and should be receiving my replacement soon?

4. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

After emailing Rhino a few months ago, I got an email frim them this week saying the replacements were ready and for me to send them a picture of my box set. It probably couldn't hurt to reach back out to them.

5. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

I touched base with Dr. Rhino and about a week later he sent me a message saying that he had sent the replacement. It came UPS Ground. If they have a copy of your receipt or acceptable proof of purchase and your contact info, you should be good to go.

6. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I re-emailed my info to Rhino. Thanks for the tip.

7. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Any pressing info? Mastered by Capitol in the runouts, correct? I'm guessing it was pressed by either Rainbo, QRP or United.

8. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Just curious, did you ever receive a response? I've sent my info twice and heard nothing...if anyone has any suggestions for getting through, I'd appreciate it. Would love to get a copy of the 'complete' Instant Replay LP for my box.

9. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

As a matter of fact, I just received my replacement via UPS yesterday.....8/17. I never got any shipping confirmation, just an original email saying they were preparing replacements and would ship them out when they were available. Hang in there. It's probably on it's way!

grouploner likes this.
  10. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Like you I e mailed them twice including my original invoice but have never had a reply.

11. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

One thing that they DID do right with the initial defective Bluray box issues - and would be INCREDIBLY helpful with other issues at this point - is to assign a ticket or reference number. I get the sense that my e-mails are being answered/handled by different individuals which would go a long way towards explaining the discontinuity. Maybe they have an internal workflow-type system, but I'm skeptical since they never reference a ticket or case number (with the exception of the Bluray "Contact Us" form). If they had this, it would circumvent a lot of frustration and confusion.

Of course, getting the releases 95% right or better the first time would be preferred.

wiseblood, John Bliss and Daveymoore like this.
  12. MagneticNorthpaw

So it appears that the Instant Replay repress has been shipping steadily to those of us who reported their copy. My question is: Are there any others who have *duplicate* discs that have received the title they were missing? Alternately, have you gotten any kind of update from Rhino? I purchased it four months ago yesterday and have yet to get a firm answer from Rhino on getting a replacement.

13. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Having e mailed them 3 times since the IR problem was highlighted and not receiving any replies I was giving up hope. However, just had a delivery from UPS (in the UK) and am pleased to say that I now have the replacement - thank you Dr Rhino!

yellowballoon likes this.
  14. PiscesKev101

PiscesKev101 Forum Resident

I received my replacement, colored vinyl "Instant Replay" yesterday. I was slightly surprised the used the same striking plate for side one as the dead wax is identical as the defective pressing. That plate pressed all the US sets plus the UK 180 gram pressings. I would have expected they's create 2 brand new plates but then, it's all about saving cash! My copy, like others came in a pretty basic shipping box and the LP in a white cardboard sleeve. As already said, the dead wax on Side 2 ONLY has the addition of RE-1. I've yet to compare the quality but am happy to have a complete box. Also received in the LP of "Forever" because I found a good price at Deep Discount. A preety odd release with no trace of Andrew's name anywhere but John Hughes is taking full credit for the album.

15. "R" Ed

"R" Ed Forum Resident

Got an email that my replacement vinyl is being shipped. I asked about the black vinyl copy from the UK edition and was told they didn't make any replacement for those. Only the colored edition.

JDistheone likes this.
  16. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Got my replacement yesterday.

17. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I figured Hughes was behind the lackluster releases. Sandoval was only involved with the bluray set and Good Times.

18. MagneticNorthpaw

He's a marketing guy, so I would agree that an artistic touch is missing when Andrew isn't involved.

When I was adding my Bonus Disc to my RSD box, it occurred to me that it isn't numbered anywhere, despite the claim that it was a limited edition of 4,000 sets. I checked on the slipcase, didn't check all the LPs. It's become standard for the number to be stamped on the booklet of the Handmade releases so that seemed to be the most likely place for this release. Was it on the Bonus Disc for those who got theirs with the box?

19. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Got my replacement IR today. Seems like it's cut really hot, but not in a detrimental way. Glad it's resolved. I like the box.

20. j_rocker

j_rocker Forum Resident

Emailed Dr. Rhino about replacement on 08/01.

Received response on 09/07:
    "I have put your replacement vinyl in the mail today.
    I apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience."

It's on the way! :)

Already got the replacement Bluray box. Not sure I want to bother with the fye teal skipping LP.

21. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I checked my IR, "The Girl I Left Behind Me" is listed on Side 2, but what song is in on there now if, "The Girl I Left Behind Me" is missing? Just curious.
    I haven't played them yet. Also I didn't receive 2 MOTM extra lps and have the bonus disc. Did everybody take out their lps from the box sets, put them on
    he shelf or left them in the box? I would like to place the lp covers/lps-inner sleeves) into a well protected sleeves but they wouldn't fit into the box then. I'm
    trying to prevent outer wear on the lp covers. I know to place the lps outside of the lp cover(lp is placed in the protective sleeve) into the lp protective cover. Now to
    send a picture of my box set and shipping address to receive the IR replacement from Dr. Rhino.

22. MagneticNorthpaw

If you are just getting the box, count the bands on side two of IR. If there are only five, nothing is there in place of "The Girl I Left Behind Me." The good news is that you should get a replacement quick. The replacements didn't ship for most until August or September. The bonus disc replacement followed shortly after.

I opted just to leave my records in the box, fwiw....

John Bliss likes this.
  23. David P. Hill

I counted the bands on side 2, just 5. I emailed my shipping info and a picture of my Classic Collection box set on February 20th. So about how long does it take to receive the IR replacement? When shall I send another email to follow up this?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  24. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

... still waiting on my Blu-ray box replacement ...

Goodluck

Although, for that one it didn't seem like it took that long to get a replacement

25. David P. Hill

For those members that didn't receive your bonus disc, the correct lp just wasn't in album cover at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.