Price Watch: Rolling Stones Mono vinyl box

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lennonfan1, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, I was just alerted to this via SDE e mail. $16.00 each, before sales tax. Sweet.

2. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Hahaha just received the SDE email as well and was going to post!

Myke likes this.
  3. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I bought mine from MusicVaultz when they had their sale last month. There's a sticker on my shipping box that says "Made in Czech Republic." I was surprised to see that. Are they all made there?

Edit: Never mind. I see from Discogs that it is normal.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  4. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I ordered mine from MusicVaultz on December 28 and still haven't received mine (although my card was charged at order placement). When I ordered it showed as in stock but I was later told that it was not in stock. I have sent another email today to get an update as their site is showing it is back in stock. I'm starting to get a little annoyed at this point. I will update with their response.

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Are you aware a bunch of their international order had screwed up addresses and were returned to MusicVaultz?

I ordered mine on 12/23 and it hadn't even gotten back to MusicVaultz as of last Friday when I canceled the order (my even less expensive box from Amazon.fr arrived on Friday).

The recent cancellations like mine might be accounting for it now being "back in stock".

6. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Yes, I'm aware. In fact, I was concerned when I heard this so I emailed back in early January and was told that mine was never shipped because when I ordered it was out of stock (though the site clearly had it in stock). At first I thought I was lucky because I missed the poor addressing fiasco. I was assured when the item came back in stock it would ship and with a correct address as that problem was remedied. It still has not even shipped.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Gotcha. I wouldn't personally count on them maintaining an accurate wait list.

I actually thought about keeping my order and offering it up here at cost + s&h, but decided it wasnt worth the hassle. Plus somebody here will probably get it anyway and the shipping will be free.

Good luck.

8. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

This was my experience, too. When I ordered I forgot to use the discount code, so I ordered again (this time using the code) and followed the steps to cancel the first order. I noticed each order was immediately "processed." I was informed I could not cancel because it had been processed, but when it became clear through a few emails that there was no telling when the boxes might ship, MusicVaultz offered (on January 6, nine days after the order) to refund my money and I agreed. I was told it might be as long as the next Friday before the refunds would appear. One of them appeared on the next Saturday. When I asked about the refund on the second box I was told no refund was coming because that order had been canceled (false) and since no money had been paid for that one (false) then there would be no refund. This last message came even as another employee I had also been dealing with (there were at least four) was apologizing and assuring me the second refund would come through - and it did.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  9. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I ordered around the 27th of December.It was sent back to Musicvaultz from my local post office.I`m still waiting to hear back.I emailed them again today.This is crazy I might just cancel.:crazy:

10. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I got a response today from my email that was sent yesterday. They acknowledged that they do in fact have the box set back in stock and that it will be shipped out today. I'm obviously happy that this is being shipped but also a little disappointed that it took me reminding them that I had placed my order and they had already charged my card to get them to ship. I will reserve final judgment until after I get the set.

11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I just received the same response this morning.

12. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

well I got it today and I don't think the reproductions are that terrible. I expected much worse to be honest.

13. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

What sale was $16 ?

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Amazon their sale came out to $16 per lp for the full box set .

lightbulb likes this.
  15. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I received my box from MusicVaultz the other day. This took a long time but oh boy what a great set. The package arrived in a bomb prove box with styrofoam inserts. The set itself is absolutely stunning and top notch in every way. I'm really impressed. For the price that I got this it was worth the hassle.

16. GertjanE

GertjanE Well-Known Member

17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

18. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Got mine from Amazon Italy. Perfectly packaged, great price for US buyers!

19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Hmmm this is enticing. How much is it shipped in U.S. bucks?

20. Beholdentonoone

How was yours packaged George? I received mine from Amazon.fr and it was poorly placed in a box way too big for the box set with some crumpled up brown paper as protection. I sent it back and my replacement came the same way. I was hoping for the "Universal Box Set" packaging with the perfect size shipping box with the 2 foam pieces the box set safely sits within.

21. GertjanE

GertjanE Well-Known Member

Strange, mine also came from Amazon.fr and I think it was packed excellent. Don't remember the outer box but the Mono box itself was packed in the 2 foam pieces. Could be that the outer box was bigger since I also ordered some other vinyl albums.

22. George Blair

Mine also was packed in an oversize box with crumpled paper, but the boxset itself was in a separate box and inside a custom foam package.

23. Beholdentonoone

Seems I drew the short straw with Amazon.fr as all who ordered from Music Vaultz and Amazon.it got the proper packaging! Oh well I can't argue with the price.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I got the proper packaging from Amazon.fr (albeit with the outer box a little beat up).

25. George Blair

Total price from Amazon .it was $248.77. Assuming the price is still EUR 180,25.

Adam9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.