The Walking Dead Season 7! Part 2 Sunday February 12th 2017!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Or maybe a tornado that sweeps up a bunch of zombies and dumps them in Negan's compound. A Zombie-nado!

Deuce66 likes this.
  2. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

"Z Nation" already did that..............

rswitzer likes this.
  3. So far the pacing is better this season, but...

What the hell just happened?

Did Rick really just bust out of a box that had no point of entry?

Rick busted out of that box didn't he?

Once, I thought I saw Rick throw a samurai sword in the air for Michonne to catch it, and she caught it! Or did I not see this thing happen?

Maybe Rick and Michonne found this huge cache of food - one that would feed, well, maybe an army - only Rick has a mere 10 zombies to kill, yet, instead, he decides to climb a ferris wheel to bag one little Bambi. Hilarity ensues. Maybe I saw this; maybe I didn't.

Maybe Rosita needs to shut **** up.

4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I thought I saw the same thing. Hope not.

5. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Look at this way: at least they didn't break out in song.

windfall and Gumboo like this.
  6. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

What's up with the junkyard people?
    How long does it take for a group of folks to develop this strange speech pattern? Only a few years I guess. I would think a generation at least.
    How could trench coat chick form a powerful group?
    Are they powerful?

windfall and Shawn like this.
  7. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Overall, i thought the season was pretty good, until last night. At the end of the episode i turned to my wife and said, what the hell was that. This is what the writers gave us for this week's episode? It looked patchy and thrown together as if the writer's didn't give a **** about what the viewers might think. Even my wife said that she was bored as hell with this episode, playing on her ipad the whole time. We're never going to see the likes of the first 3 seasons again. That spark and excitement has completely dies. It's not even a question of repetitiveness or we've seen this before in another episode. It's an issue of having lost complete steam. Maybe the writers and whoever else who work on the series, are checked out of the series. We've all seen the writing on the wall over the past 3 seasons, now we're really seeing where the series is at and where it's heading. They need to wrap the series up fast before viewership declines to the point that they will have no choice just to end the series . They can't have another 2 or 3 seasons of the same drivel. I feel that everyone working on this are just burnt out. And I'm just going to throw this out there and say that this may be the last season for Sasha and Rosita. And I can't stand Rosita at this point anyway. She adds nothing to the story, it's just her bitching and complaining about wanting to kill Negan over and over again. And I'm not a fan of Rick and Michone together. They don't convince me, as they seem awkward together as a couple. I liked them better when they were simply friends. Having Rick in a relationship only worked with Lauri. Anyway, that 's my rant and rave on last night's episode.

8. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

It's their secret language/affectation

Manimal likes this.
  9. Yeah, but viewership is still floating between 12-10 million an episode not counting On-Demand views, Netflix views, merchandising, blu ray and DVD sales.

You and me, and a slew of others in here, bellyache about the show, very few quit watching, and we all tune in. There's just something about it, and it will continue as long as there is big money to be made.

Personally, I don't see it being cancelled anytime soon. The comic is set up as a never ending story, and so is the show.

But hey, if they want a few million more viewers all they have to do is add this guy to the cast:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  10. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

Read somewhere that the junkyard people could be the Whisperers later on, and it makes sense. I don't know much about em, but from what I do know it sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, the 2nd half of the season so far seems much, much, better than the first. I've enjoyed every episode thus far. Could do without a lot of things, sure, but it's entertaining and that's what's most important.

11. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I totally agree. Regardless, my wife and I have to watch it, even with our now and again bellyaching. It's like reading a bad book but you want to read it just to get to the end. And I, like countless millions, will most definitely get the complete series on bluray.

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I thought this episode was the best one of this new year.

They were out and about gathering goods, guns, having some fun.

How many guns does the junk yard group need? Hope someone has bullets for all these guns their rounding up.

13. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

What happened to scavenging for the Saviours? Were they so impressed with getting Eugene that they gave Rick's group a free pass for a couple of weeks? What I liked about this episode: Judith's expression (after I said, who's this kid?) pretty much mirrored my own through this whole episode. Oh & this CGI deer is hilarious.

MikeInFla, Shawn, Mr. Grieves and 3 others like this.
  14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Rick and Machone could have kept going if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Linger63 likes this.
  15. Ha! Yeah, I was going to mention the deer, but I didn't want to go off on this episode too much. But, since we're at it...

Note the CGI deer and the zombies with their hands tied. The deer let's the not-so-quiet walkers creep up on it, because of course, it has no ears to hear, right? CGI deers have no hearing. The deer bolts, however, when Rick fell (way to go Rick), and the zombies - again, with their hands tied! - manage enough speed to keep the deer right there. Pow! Rick ducks under the wreckage, only to jump out of the box (magically), fighting!

I'm putting this box trick right up there with Daryl and Carol's nosedive in that van from the overpass.

It was a good episode, though. Next week it appears we have an episode of Carol to look forward to. CGI Carol would be awesome!

16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

The deer didn't look CGI as much as a video of a real deer put in the shot.
    I quit hunting after I killed a deer with my bare hands.

GentleSenator and MikeInFla like this.
  17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think that's pretty clear, but the point the previous poster made is apt: This sort of affectation does not occur in a few short years, but would take decades and decades and a generation or two or more.

18. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I can't fathom how there are fans who like he current run of the show but complain about the second season "Farm" episodes for being too slow.

This last episode was PAINFUL. Maybe it didn't help that I watched it on DVR last night after watching the new episode of "Bates Motel", a show that is densely packed with well-written story and dialogue that moves at a perfect, sometimes dizzying pace.

But this was the definition of a FILLER episode. They're trying mightily to stretch this show out WAAAAY more than they should. The Rosita sub-plot is nonsensical. Even the baby in the Tara scene looks bored, like they all need to stop talking in circles and talking and talking and talking but not really *saying* anything.

The Rick and Michonne stuff was more jump the shark material. I'll set aside that they have *beyond zero* chemistry to be in a romantic relationship. But why would Rick keep pushing to stay out for more days? They've established that Negan often shows up early for his "pick ups." While Rick is sucking face with Michonne and eating chili mac and cheese, Negan could be killing everyone in Alexandria. And what's with the weird light-hearted, always-laughing Rick? I get trying to eek out some hope. But unless they're going to reveal sub-plot where he's bipolar, then this shift from "holy s**t Negan just killed a bunch of people!" to laughing and making goo-goo eyes at Michonne is just weird.

19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I just assumed they wanted to get away from the oppression & head bashing for a couples retreat. A getting back to "us" time. And just look at the positive effects on Rick's mood. And look at the positive effects the wacky situations they got themselves into had on the viewers. Never a dull moment with these crazy kids.

20. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

It makes me wonder why they don't just all up sticks (and pretend they were foraging if caught on the way out) and just go somewhere else beyond the reach of the Saviours.

Manimal and vegafleet like this.
  21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That deer was pretty long in the body. Maybe it was a deer/dachshund hybrid.

Manimal likes this.
  22. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Really? It sounds like something little kids could come up with

23. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Yes, I would say that's what Rick was going for, just getting away. But it's a hugely selfish thing to do when there is *strong* evidence that Negan likes to show up early and/or unannounced, *and* that he gets extra aggravated when Rick isn't there.

I guess I'll at least give the show some credit if Rick and Michonne roll back up to Alexandria and everybody is dead.

24. balzac

balzac Senior Member

It's not that it's a more difficult or advanced form of language; it's that it would take as much if not more time for their language to devolve.

If the idea is that this large group of people are all essentially feigning this new speech pattern/affect, then it's just not only still unrealistic and silly, but is something they're *already* doing with the Ezekiel guy.

Manimal likes this.
  25. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

It'd be hard to get everyone out without the Saviors or Negan getting suspicious. Even if it's just the core group that left, I'm sure they, or at least Rick, would feel guilty about leaving those in Alexandria to the hands of the Saviors. Plus, there's lots of good resources there & in the hilltop as well as the kingdom that they'd be giving up, including doctors(which Maggie will definitely need), and it could be a long while before they got that kind of security again.

Manimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.