Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. AxiomAcoustics

AxiomAcoustics "The enemy is listening"

(Note: Please set your forum view to "Blackened: Black/Orange before viewing these pix, they look much better with the added contrast. :) )

What a wonderful thread this is, I can't believe it's taken until Part 15 for me to get involved. I've been trying to get some decent shots together to no avail as the bar is set pretty high here. I'm sure most here have experienced the difficulty in trying to get some good shots while in "listening mode" (i.e. night time with only ambient/mood lighting, when the system looks and sounds it's best) but aside from some folks pulling that off nicely I can't get anything of the sort so here are some daytime shots of our music/listening space.

A few notes on the room. There are 3 dedicated 20A circuits for the system with each monoblock getting it's own 20A circuit and the rest of the components running on the third circuit via the 20A isolation transformer shown in the pic. All the ancillary gear (rack and turntable lights and laptop) are on their own room circuit. The system is dead quiet.

Room acoustics are matched custom modded units from my company at the time I put the room/system together. The front array of PanelTraps have an absorptive face with hardened beveled perimeters that afford a "soft" diffusion within the wells created by the array configuration. The horizontally mounted panels are vented into the wall cavity to act as an RC constant acoustic circuit with the panel material acting as the resistance and the cavity as the capacitor. The rayl of the material mimics that of the 'R' in a TubeTrap. That wall has also been reinforced with damping material to create a resonance free constrained-layer surface and cavity to dissipate excess energy.

The rear wall combines the same units as the front wall when mounted vertically but this time the horizontally mounted units are a derivative of a panel called the MatrixPanel, something I used when designing the acoustics for these mobile recording trucks where the engineer is in very close proximity to the boundary walls yet needs as accurate a monitoring environment as can be had in closed quarters:
    Music Mix Mobile
    This is of course our major limitation, the close proximity to the rear wall. The point of the design of this unit is to combine absorption with "anti-absorption" when used in close proximity to a boundary surface. Rather than using pure absorption or pure diffusion, which both call attention to themselves and (especially in the case of diffusion) have their own sonic signature. This design minimizes that effect. Thankfully a combination of room size/geometry, speaker placement, acoustics and frankly some dumb luck has kept the sweet spot free from bass reinforcement or nulls to any great degree.

[​IMG]

o_O
    [​IMG]

The only good room reflection ;)
    [​IMG]

Plants love music, music loves plants, we love both:
    [​IMG]

Record cleaning station:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for all the :blah: above, just wanted to give some insight into the general room philosophy and setup. Thanks for checking this out and I hope these pix translate well. I don;t get much time on the forum lately and when I'm here it's usually on the "listening" threads, mostly the Jazz Beat, although I can see myself getting addicted to this hang pretty easily. :thumbsup:

2. AxiomAcoustics

Bonus action shots !

Analogue on canvas:
    [​IMG]

Clear Monk:
    [​IMG]

Music Matters? Indeed:
    [​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, BluTorch and 40 others like this.
  3. AxiomAcoustics

Or:
    Pro Audio | IsoAcoustics

4. AxiomAcoustics

Your pix are gone on my end.....(?)

5. AxiomAcoustics

Killer setup man! I was between the Playback Designs and the Esoteric when upgrading the digi source, pretty much had to flip a coin.

timztunz likes this.
  6. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

One newer picture with my new old DAC...Love this VTL!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33na3rd, Kyhl, B_big! and 15 others like this.
  7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Seems my host, Post Image, is down. I'm guessing that's the problem.

8. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yikes!!! ...look at all that beautiful Nelson Pass. Looks like heaven!

AxiomAcoustics likes this.
  9. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

Greetings from another Cabasse Galion (V) owner since 27 years.

WHitese and buzzfledderjohn like this.
  10. SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit Forum Resident

My new listening room...

I have just shifted into my 'new' house.. a 100yr old villa, complete with polished matai hardwood floors and a stud height of 12.' My listening room, once a formal lounge, is 18' x 14.' System sits on an industrial metal unit on castors (the fire engine)... a work in progress.. :agree:

Philips HS 510Q
    Marantz PM7003
    Kef C40s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  11. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Work in progress perhaps, but a lovely setup nevertheless.

SillyRabbit and cat9 like this.
  12. AxiomAcoustics

They're back, along with many others. Must have been the host.

13. AxiomAcoustics

Thanx Ron, it is! Makes for a great "Pass-time" :)

14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

[​IMG]

15. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Lok at all those turntables!

16. morris_minor

morris_minor Vinyl addict

Never mind the hifi - look at that CLOCK!

Rick H. and SillyRabbit like this.
  17. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

You had me at "There are 3 dedicated 20A circuits for the system"

18. AxiomAcoustics

:laugh: We figured that it qualifies as a home improvement: if we ever sell the house the realtor can market it as a "grow room". ;)

19. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Really nice aesthetic, apart from the audio gear. I almost bought that angular lamp in the lower pic recently, it's a beauty.

20. MaxxMaxx4

MaxxMaxx4 Forum Resident In Memoriam

Do you know what the price is ?

Tim 2 likes this.
  21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It's like you live in a hi-fi store with really nice audition rooms!

22. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

"Buy it now" price is $1625 + shipping. See Paradigm Inspiration Speakers 1Pair | eBay . Good luck!

The same seller is selling the floor standing pair too!

I would have bought it if I didn't buy a new center speaker, a new receiver, and an Oppo within the last few months. Wife would not be happy if I buy more. :shake:

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.
  23. SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit Forum Resident

Thank you :wave:

24. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

It's stuff like this, is why I will never show my dumpy stereo. Wow, this is worth more than both of our cars, and a portion of our home, as well as all of my lifelong collectibles. I dislike being whitetrash, and poor.
    Maybe in the next life I will have some money

Not a pity party, just cold fact :))

25. MaxxMaxx4

MaxxMaxx4 Forum Resident In Memoriam

How does Sade walk on those things?It would be like walking on two nails.

Tim 2 likes this.