MFSL now doing 7 Bob Dylan titles in mono (hybrid SACD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agentalbert, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'm in for all the mono SACD releases. I've bought and enjoy all of the stereo 45 rpm albums but I'm going SACD for mono.

2. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident

Any update on release date ? I know its a daft question as regards mofi .

3. Sheffield Steel

Sheffield Steel Forum Resident

I'm most excited about the first three acoustic albums (never been very keen on Another Side). I'm particularly looking forward to the first album and TTTAAC (Freewheelin' will be welcome too, but the stereo MoFi SACD is so gorgeously remastered despite the silly panning, that I feel less yearning for the mono). I'm especially hopeful that MoFi gets to use the remix verson of TTTAAC, because judging from the mono box it's the cleanest, clearest version out there (as one would expect). I just want that MoFi warmth and the hi-res sound and the cleanest possible source of earliest possible generation.

Sorry to hijack, but as an aside, I wonder if anyone has heard the hdtracks mono issue of this album? I emailed them directly to question the source, but as per usual they are completely clueless, their answer summed up basically as "We don't know, we don't care, we get what the labels give us." I'm so tempted; if it was a hi-res copy of the mono box remix I'd be in like a shot...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Are you sure the HD tracks hi res of any of the first 3 Dylan albums are mono? On HD Tracks UK there is no mention of either stereo or mono in the info.

5. Sheffield Steel

Sorry, you're right. I was having a blond (on blonde) moment! It was the (presumably) stereo whose source I had queried.

David del Toro and Flaming Torch like this.
  6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Please keep on topic - the MFSL SACD versions. Thanks!

CBackley, J.A.W. and agentalbert like this.
  7. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Apologies. I have all the 7 mono MFSL SACD on order and am eagerly awaiting them. My guess is they will be very similar to the mono box cds with the added advantage of sacd.

joannenugent and stereoptic like this.
  8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

Got an e-mail notice that the first two mono SACD's - "Bob Dylan" and "Bringing It All Back Home" are available at Music Direct to ship out tomorrow (3/10).

Lucidae likes this.
  9. Sheffield Steel

Can't wait to hear a review as soon as someone receives a copy!

George P likes this.
  10. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Listening to the first album now on SACD. Sounds great. I wonder if I should get rid of the stereo SACD. No need for both I suppose.

11. Laser Red

Laser Red Forum Resident

Received my copies of Bob Dylan and bringing it all back home today. Bringing it all back home has the upcoming ry cooder paradise and lunch disc instead. Bummer. Anyone else have this problem?

12. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I just checked my copy. Yup. It's Ry Cooder instead.

13. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

This is a very weird problem. I just emailed them. Hopefully the entire run isn't messed up. On the plus side: free Ry Cooder disc for now!

C6H12O6 likes this.
  14. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Thanks for the heads-up. Does it say 'ry cooder' on the cd-body or is it a mispressing?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  15. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Problem??

Instant collectible!

16. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

It's the actual Ry Cooder disc instead

17. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Thanks. At least that makes it a little easier to ask suppliers to check the disc before buying.

I presume mofi will have to replace people's discs, in order to keep the edition serial numbering intact.

18. Laser Red

Laser Red Forum Resident

Apparently not the entire run. I called and they are sending me a replacement that was verified to be the correct disc. Hopefully not the stereo disc.

mr.datsun likes this.
  19. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Received my mono BIABH this afternoon and the disc was correct.

mr.datsun likes this.
  20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

That's kind of a bummer, as I'd rather hear the Ry Cooder now, and wait for the Dylan mono replacement disc that MD will undoubtedly send out as a follow-up. I pre-ordered the disc from Music Direct and they shipped it out to me near the end of last week. Should arrive by the end of this week, via FedEx. I'll find out then if I got the wrong disc or not.

Craig.

21. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I talked to them on the phone today. They are still sorting it out. They ask my disc number. I'm not sure they know the extent of the problem. They might need to repress.

mr.datsun likes this.
  22. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Ah ok. I talked to them early so maybe they figured it out.

Hopefully I get a replacement soon.

23. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

What a goofy mess up.

Joti Cover likes this.
  24. bbirch

bbirch Forum Resident

George P likes this.
  25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

This one will be easy to fix, they obviously printed a run of the Dylan's but they may run short of the Cooder discs now. Maybe it is coming soon? :idea:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.