Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Or put a shelf there for the lava lamp!

SirMarc likes this.
  2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I'll know in about a half hour, when I attempt to shovel out! :help:

JeffMo and timind like this.
  3. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

My modest living room system is sounding very good tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CowFish, 33na3rd, shadowlord and 22 others like this.
  4. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

My original from 1971 was trashed. I replaced with this 180 gram re-issue from Atlantic. It sounds good. I'll bet that Friday Music 45 sounds great!

I picked up the CD recently. It's a Elektra/Rhino re-master and sounds pretty great actually.

....I'd still like to get the Friday Music 45rpm. I checked Amazon and it was $56.00. Yikes! I have the Rickie Lee Jones 45-rpm MFSL re-issue, and it sounds amazing so maybe I'll get The Yes Album.

[​IMG]

timw, Bhob, SirMarc and 1 other person like this.
  5. mongo

mongo Senior Member

I never quote picture posts but this is an exception.
    JHC Man, I have Studio2s but have lusted after Pass Lab amps for years, just can't justify or afford them.
    The word Overkill doesn't quite define your system.
    Beautiful system, sincerely.

I know music taste is different for everyone, but please don't tell me even if it's true that you have the complete Olivia Newton-John catalog or Bread or Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods or England Dan & John Ford Coley.

AxiomAcoustics and Ron P. like this.
  6. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

The dogs are great. And cute.

7. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Get it man. It's worth every penny. It kills the Rhino

Ron P. and PhilBiker like this.
  8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Active Member

9. Snoflo1998

Snoflo1998 Well-Known Member

^ Nice! Is that a dead rat? :shh:

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Active Member

The cats don't seem to think so.

11. Snoflo1998

My system presently exists in a storeroom. I haven't had the opportunity to enhance the decor as I work abroad for extended periods, so I hope I don't offend anyone's delicate sensibilities by posting a grungy room. In the spirit of sharing:

[​IMG]

33na3rd, RDriftwood, BKphoto and 44 others like this.
  12. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Looks nice and cozy, actually. How's the sound in there?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I love this little space! I'll bet that is a delightful listening experience!

14. Nice room! Do you have issues with your cats trying to get on your speakers? I woke up one morning and one of the bookshelf speakers was on the floor. I assume a cat tried to jump on it and, since it is so top-heavy, it crashed. Or, perhaps your stands are anchored or weighted nicely, I can't tell.

Chupacabra likes this.
  15. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Active Member

I haven't had a problem yet, but will probably rethink having bookshelves once I have some upgrade money together.

16. TeleCaster

TeleCaster Forum Resident

Have you checked out the bluray audio version of the album?

17. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Very nice.

Manimal and MaxxMaxx4 like this.
  18. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Keep the lights down and nobody notices grunge.... Looks like a nice room in low light.

Do you find that the cello reverberates/vibrates in such a way as to affect the music playback? I have acoustic basses hanging on my wall (sometimes on a floor stand) in my office and they vibrate when I talk or any other noise happens. I have a near field here so I don't notice it but in a bigger room I'm sure it would be annoying.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  19. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Are those good?

20. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I've got the Wilson remix DVD audios of Fragile, CTTE, Tales and Relayer. Fragile is beaten by the old DVD audio and the new Kevin Gray pressing but is still very good, CTTE is slightly beaten by the European Rhino pressing, but still is good, Tales is killed by my 70's GP cut, but again isn't bad, his Relayer is probably my favorite. I don't have The Yes Album remix because I really like the HDtracks hi Res download and absolutely love the Friday Music 45 rpm pressing

*all in my opinion obviously

wellers73 and Ron P. like this.
  21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Great! Thanks for the info.

Here's my "Fragile". It sounds GREAT to me!

So much depends on your system. Vinyl guys will have great tables, and not so great digit players. Digital guys will have first rate cd players and Hi-Res files, and streamers, and....super downloads and, ..well, I can not keep up with the ever evolving digital world of music.
    Do I really need to buy a "streamer", ......even if I don't really know what it is?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kyhl, BigGame, Ham Sandwich and 7 others like this.
  22. Snoflo1998

It's okay, thanks. I had to use a GIK bass trap and employ dual subs to tame the standing wave crazies.

Lol, my cats would go after the juicy listening chair and footstool first. Cables next. I don't know how Chupacabra keeps his looking so pristine! Superior cat training, I guess.

Thanks very much.

I listen in the near field as well at low volume mostly so I don't think the cello should vibrate much. I will remove it and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the observation!

Tim 2, PhilBiker and Solvethebox like this.
  23. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I've heard very good things about the Mofi Fragile, but haven't heard it. I do generally like their CDs/sacds/vinyl though so I'm sure its great.

I do probably 85% vinyl, 10% hi Res files and 5% CDs when I'm home. I Just like the way vinyl sounds the best, but my Schiit Bifrost 4490 is no slouch, and sounds surprising non-digital with good files...

Ron P. likes this.
  24. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

See. That's what I'm talking about. You are primarily a vinyl guy, right? I'll bet your table, cartridge and phono stage are better than your digits. ......by "better", I mean, you put more money, time and effort into your analog equipment. Am I right?

25. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

No doubt. I've got a Thorens TD 145 with an AT440mla cart that I've had since the early 80's. My dad gave it to me when he upgraded to an Oracle table. I get it adjusted and re-oiled every 5 years or so, or when I get a new cart by my turntable guru. I'll never part with this table, I just love the way it sounds with any cart I've thrown on it...

timw and Ron P. like this.