Cambridge Universal Player Flash Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tony Plachy, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I love mine...a fantastic player:cheers:

3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

4. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

That's pretty much a standard price right now. You can get it for that price at Crutchfield and Amazon.

5. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member Thread Starter

Never mind. :o

6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I've found MD to be a bit disengenous when it comes to calling something a "sale". I remember their doing this with the PS Audio Sprout when the manufacturer reduced the price from $799 to $499. MD trumpeted it is a $300 sale for a period of time. The answer is not Buyer Beware, since I've had positive experiences with MD, but rather Buyer Do Your Research. At worst this type of promotion creates an impulse purchase where I'd rather wait.

BrewCrew82 and AnalogJ like this.
  7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

With the Oppo 205 on the horizon I suspect Cambridge is getting ready for their own 4K model

eelkiller likes this.
  8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

When the prices go down you can guarantee another is coming soon. The CXU is supposed to be a fantastic player.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  9. arminl

arminl New Member

They same price with amazon? I might consider it from there. This is a fabulous player so it's nice to know that it's on sale.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  10. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I have read that this player is virtually identical to the Oppo 105d is that true and if so would that mean you could Rip sacd s like you can with the oppo?

11. fredgsanford

fredgsanford Forum Resident

I believe this player uses the same Mediatek chip as the Oppo that enables the sacd ripping. Curious how it sounds compared to my Oppo 105. If it could play sacd ISO discs I'd buy it but don't think it does.

12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

A very good player, I've had mine four months now. Sound and picture are excellent. My Denon flagship universal player, which list priced four times the original CXU price, has imo a better picture and sound, but not by much. This is a bargain if you don't need a lot of "apps." It uses a different DAC set than the Oppo (Wolfson in the CXU) and so will likely sound somewhat different. I chose the CXU because I like the sound of Wolfson DACs in a PS Audio product I own.

Dennis Metz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.