The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

I'm still watching because it's *interesting*. Not really funny, just this story (slowly) unfolding about these folks is worth watching. Since anyone can expire on this show there is no guarantee any regular will be around forever.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  2. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

It is beyond stupid, but I still watch it.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

The last episode was great, such a great pleasure and surprise to see Wiig do such a great job . . . hope we get to see more of her.

Dan C, Daryl M, kevywevy and 2 others like this.
  4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It was great to see Kristen and how The Last Man on Earth began with the virus.

I'll miss this show when it's over.

Dan C, kevywevy and Lonson like this.
  5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought Kristen was great in this episode. I enjoyed her catty exchanges with Laura Dern.

Dan C, Leviethan and kevywevy like this.
  6. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I totally missed that it was Laura Dern. I might watch that part again.

7. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Her character reminded me of Tandy with the lame, awkward jokes. Maybe there's a connection?

--Geoff

kevywevy likes this.
  8. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I liked how when time was passing when the virus started they kept showing a succession of Presidential funerals, starting with Pence and down the line, including Paul Ryan and a few others I never heard of before.

9. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

Thought that was hilarious.... the were going down the list of the current administrations cabinet

kevywevy likes this.
  10. I'm thinking either they're related or maybe they'll end up together eventually.

rburly and misterjones like this.
  11. misterjones

Good observation. That didn't occur to me. I bet they end up competing with each other for "class clown" and drive everyone else nuts (similar to the sibling rivalry with his astronaut brother).

kevywevy likes this.
  12. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

So this all ties back to all those times the drone showed up... so if she is just now going to try and find them at the house, they'll be gone no?

13. agentalbert

Yes. I can't remember, were they going any place in particular when they ended up finding the office building they are now at?

14. misterjones

No, they came across the office building by accident. They abandoned their house on the ocean because they thought that crazy guy was after them. I think they thought - and they led us to believe - the drone was sent by the three guys that came ashore at the end of the season before last.

Man, for a simple show, it can be a bit complicated to explain. (I didn't even try to articulate the part about the graffiti inside the house and Tandy's plot to make Todd feel better about killing the crazy guy even though he knew he killed him and then discovered he hadn't killed him and then discovered his body was missing . . .)

Dan C and rburly like this.
  15. agentalbert

Yeah, I knew they (or rather, Melissa) found the office building by accident when they stopped for a rest somewhere. I just couldn't remember if they had any destination in mind when they left the ocean front house.

16. rburly

If you're not paying attention, you'll be lost. Great job putting all that together. :righton:

misterjones likes this.
  17. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I though that the misdirection with the drone was brilliant. We assumed it was John Hamm and the other guys on the boat, but that was never confirmed or even alluded to by those guys. This show has it's flaws (the Australian woman pregnant with the FIRST new child has become like a non-character) but it's really got something going on. Finding comedy in the most devastating and utterly hopeless situation is pretty bold. It's also on Fox, so there's only so much they can do. It would have been better on HBO or FX,
    I think.

Dan C likes this.
  18. misterjones

I'm waiting for either her or Carol P. to show a little!

kevywevy likes this.
  19. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

right

20. rburly

THAT was hilarious! :laugh:

21. misterjones

I was simultaneously cringing and laughing.

22. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Yep. It was predictable before it happened but I still laughed and felt pity at the same time.

23. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

When someone is billed as a guest star on this show, you know they're going to kick the bucket.

DLant likes this.
  24. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

This last week's episode was great. Waiting to see what happens now that the elevator door has opened.

25. misterjones

Glad I didn't notice that.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't see it coming.

Leviethan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.