Worst Chicago song

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limoges

limoges Forum Resident

LOL!

I actually like the song. Apparently 67 and 68 refer to the preceding years of 1967 and 1968.

AudiophilePhil likes this.
  2. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

In my book, "Questions 67 And 68" is one of Chicago's signature songs. Peter Frampton unconsciously used its first few notes for his song "Baby I Love Your way."

zebop and limoges like this.
  3. Dougd

Dougd Forum Resident

Should've said CTA-V, as I don't consider IV a real album (as it's a concert).

4. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

I agreed but now I'm thinking I still love Feeling Stronger, In Terms Of Two, Old Days, Just You n Me and even If You Leave Me Now......I guess the fact that Terry played on these makes me appreciate them!!!
    Anything after Terry died is irrelevant, at least to me.

zebop and AudiophilePhil like this.
  5. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

I'm still amazed at how Bill Champlin was so depressing in Chicago? He wrote a lot of great songs before he got there--and I find his Chicago tenure, sad...

Nostaljack likes this.
  6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I just bought it on vinyl. Man, those songs are pretty awful when consumed in one listen! Maybe one here and there on a compilation album of various artists, but all at once is just too sugar sweet. Don't know what I was thinking!

7. henry babenko

henry babenko Forum Resident

color my world blows. its very down beat. cant imagine jamming that on a nice sunny day , cruising the freeway strip..

Nostaljack likes this.
  8. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

No - and I said it might not be true. But IMHO the song does suck bigly.

Comet01 and Nostaljack like this.
  9. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

NiceMrMustard and MJConroy like this.
  10. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

He started putting the "I don't wanna be here" vibe out there pretty quickly. When "19" showed up, he was give lead vocals and he was into it again - shaving, losing weight, etc. When he realized he wasn't gonna be the star anymore, he stopped caring and didn't again until he was fired.

Ed

driverdrummer and zebop like this.
  11. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

Not a Chicago fan in the slightest... but compared to the original, wow, that is just awful.

12. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Seems more likely that he quit, though they probably got sick of each other. What's surprising is how long he stayed after he'd stopped doing much of anything.

13. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I thought it couldn't blow (or suck) because Terry sang it... seems to be a prevailing view here lately... :)

videoman and AudiophilePhil like this.
  14. Nostaljack

We'll never know if he was fired or if he quit. Either way, he was tired of the gig and it showed on stage for years. He wore those silly headphones and kept to himself the whole time. You can't give off that vibe forever and not eventually pay for it.

Ed

15. AudiophilePhil

I think it's going to happen "bigly".

Comet01 likes this.
  16. AudiophilePhil

After leaving "Chicago", Bill Champlin performs with Danny Seraphine's band "California Transit Authority".

17. henry babenko

..all of them,, the fixx blows Chicago away..

Instant Dharma likes this.
  18. utopiarun

utopiarun "on the road to Utopia"

Free Form Guitar. Period. Unlistenable. Sorry to all you "Terry Kath did no wrong" people. I know its fashionable to rip everything post Kath but I happen to like some of it, even the mushy ballads. :hide:

videoman, tedg65 and Nostaljack like this.
  19. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

20. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

CTA guitarist Marc Bonilla is an amazing talent.

21. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

Many things from the '80s - You're the Inspiration, Look Away, Stay the Night -- I could list more ---- a list of their Top 40 hits of the '80s would provide almost all of my examples -- relative to '80s, I like almost everything they released in the '60s-'70s, so I wouldn't list anything from the early years.

Although, after looking at the posts on this page that are all restricted to the first few years of Chicago, I want to point out that the thread title is NOT making any reference to such a restriction. so I'm sticking with those '80s songs. (no I did not read the previous 7 pages)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  22. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Theres no such thing. They may as well call themselves BART

23. Nostaljack

You're kidding, right? The Fixx were barely a going concern for about 4 years in the '80's. LOL!!!!

Ed

zebop likes this.
  24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And...thread done...

25. henry babenko

Hey, interesting here, kiefer Sutherland actually married terry kaths ex and became step father to her son or daughter, not sure boy or girl,, but kiefer plays and must have been huge into kaths work.. I believe this was the later 80's..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.