Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

If Charles and Ray Eames had made speakers, theirs would've been teal, too.

2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Stunning, really.

3. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Added a new SACD/CD player - Esoteric K-03

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Jmt

Very nice setup. Great choices in your component selection.

5. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

The Audio Research CA50 is out being checked over for occasional odd sputtering noises, so the Rega Elicit is back in the amp spot.

Low light in here equals grainy photo. The only light on in this shot is a fluorescent of about 8 or 9 watts, inside a stained glass floor lamp.

[​IMG]

JUCO, kyouki, barfko and 28 others like this.
  6. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

nice clean system diagonal placement. do you prefer the diagonal speaker placement?

cat9 likes this.
  7. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

If I throw out all other considerations, I prefer the system along one wall. But this diagonal placement allows for a more efficient use of the room. My chair sits in the sweet spot and faces the audio system at the maximum available distance, while my wife's chair faces the TV. I can turn about 30 degrees to the right to see the TV, while the wife is about 30 degrees to my left.

With the system along one wall, I know exactly what to do. I can set it up in 5 minutes with a tape measure. This way was harder. After weeks of occasional tweaks, I have gotten the speakers located very well. I moved them closer to the walls than I thought would work. And in the end I'm very happy with it.

4xoddic and bluemooze like this.
  8. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I'm sure it still sounds good. That Rega's no slouch!

9. Tad

Tad Well-Known Member

I finally took a picture of my new setup (after moving to my new ****ty room). I have to say that only now I appreciate the importance of a good room for sound quality.

I realize it's a little crowded, but that's what you get for not having much space :D

[​IMG]

armG, kyouki, Jay hartman and 29 others like this.
  10. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Thanks Clay. I've lusted after McIntosh gear since I was in my early 20's (I'm almost 60 now).

11. Memphisflash

Memphisflash Forum Resident

Love the color on those speakers! Nice 50's vintage, just WOW!

Donniej likes this.
  12. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very handsome rig!

JMT and alan967tiger like this.
  13. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Active Member

They may have been iffy on the metal flake, though.

Ron P. and SteelyTom like this.
  14. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

What are the powered speakers? ...and the phono stage?

15. Tad

Tad Well-Known Member

The speakers are Kanto YU3, nothing special but that's what the budget (and my limited information) allowed at the time :D
    The pre-amp is a Pro-Ject Phono Box DS and next to it is a Schiit Vali 2

16. timind

timind phorum rezident

Nice clean system. I use the diagonal setup in my perfect square room and love it. It sounds so good I'm almost dreading the day I get a more suitable room.
    In the corner behind the equipment I use these CornerBlox Bass Traps
    cornerblox to help with bass. They come as a rectangle split in half to fit in the corner, but I kept them in the rectangle for a thicker trap and stacked them to the ceiling. Not sure how they'd look in your room. My walls are painted a deep grey so they blend in fine.

Tim 2 and bluemooze like this.
  17. mrz80

mrz80 This page intentionally left blank

Well ok, I guess I'll play. First up, the elderly gear in my home office/hamshack/three-sided-mancave (contiguous with the dining room :p), with obligatory Ikea furniture (a 4x4 Expedit cut down to 2-1/2x4!). Ironically, though the LPs are stored in here, the turntable's out in the family room with the main system. Go figure.
    [​IMG]
    McIntosh MX-113 tuner-preamp, MC-275 amplifier, Lahti U-2 speakers, Toshiba DVD player, assorted six-strings

Also in the office/hamshack, a minimal setup for the computer:
    [​IMG]
    LePai LP-2020+ amplifier, NHT Super Zero speakers, Lava Lite :cool:

And the afore-mentioned main system...
    [​IMG]
    McIntosh MAC-4100 receiver, McIntosh XR-250 speakers (yes, the right speaker's grill is torn, courtesy a mountain-climbing cat), Thorens TD-125 turntable w/SME3009 arm & Signet TK9e cartridge, Oppo 103 BluRay player, Sony 303ES CD player, quad core AMD linux box for streaming, Amazon FireTV, Wii, Vizio M-series 65" 4k TV

A somewhat older pic showing detail of the long-suffering Thorens, complete with battle damaged dust cover courtesy of something shifting during a cross-country trip in my uncle's trunk. :(
    [​IMG]

And lastly, the mood music system in the bedroom...
    [​IMG]
    Realistic TM-150 tuner, SA-150 integrated amp, Minimus 7 speakers, Lava Lite :cool:

18. inperson

inperson Senior Member

What's the year of that wedding picture?

WHitese likes this.
  19. mrz80

mrz80 This page intentionally left blank

That was Feb 13, 1988. We've been at it for 29 years now. :love:

vanye, LarryP, Shoalcove and 8 others like this.
  20. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] My audio buddy acquired this from another friends aunt. He's full up on vintage so with a hint he brought it over yesterday. Manuals and schematic came also. I love it! It's like new and will be in the living room system soon. Oh it's sounds great. Happy day:) I seem to be Audio blessed lately and it couldn't come at a more needed time. Peace

21. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I'm in the same boat brother. May it end soon:)

Tad likes this.
  22. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

That's a beauty!

Manimal likes this.
  23. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] Put together a makeshift jam using my new tuner and some cheesy Techniques left in my late sisters house. I'm out of town cleaning out her house ( long story) and having fun tonight with the Pioneer. Rock on!

kyouki, easycraig, CowFish and 20 others like this.
  24. timind

timind phorum rezident

That is one sweet looking Pioneer. SX-780 or 750?

I'm looking for a SX-535 or 525 now as I'm thinking of using it for headphone listening in the bedroom. The 525 was the hub of the first "real" stereo I bought after leaving home in 73. Just awesome looking stuff IMO, and sound great.

Manimal likes this.
  25. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Thanks! Yes 750. I don't know what's up, placebo or what but this thing sounds incredible, even with the cheap stuff laying around. Can't wait to get it home. He also gave me the like new BSR Turntable ( I know I know) but it's time capsule cool. This pioneer is THE $h"!.t.

Bhob likes this.