Downloading Concert Videos (legally)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by txguitar, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

Can someone recommend a site that has concert videos that are downloadable. I
    only want a legit site.

Thanks

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Downloading I am not sure of but streaming I have been using Quello. The best $5 a month subscription I have. (Actually bought the year one but if you monthly it's $5.)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I've previewed Quello through my Apple TV and often spend a few minutes on their free Quello TV channel. If I were a big concert video viewer this is absolutely the best thing out there I know of, the amount of on demand content they have is amazing.

Benno123 likes this.
  4. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I suppose pulling them off of youtube or Vimeo is still too illegal for you? :angel: :whistle:

5. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

Dimeadozen.org is the default site for me for legally downloading and sharing concert videos - great community and the moderators make sure that everything stays legal.

As a American, I love the site since so many concerts that air (in HD) on European tv channels would otherwise be unavailable to me if it weren't for the community members who record and upload them.

If you can't get a membership with Dimeadozen.org (which caps the number of members that it allows at any one point), try thetradersden.org.

xdawg and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  6. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

Increasing numbers of TV channels / producers of concert videos have been uploading full-length HD concert videos to their Youtube / Vimeo channels. So, if you have a smart TV or blu-ray player, no need to even rip/download the videos from Youtube/Vimeo. Just use the Youtube app to watch them instantly on your TV (if you have a high enough bandwidth to stream an hour+ video in HD).

When third-parties download the videos elsewhere, then upload them to Youtube/Vimeo, the resulting quality can be iffy, though.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  7. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Back when I did tons of downloading, these were two of my main sources.

8. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

That's fine if you only want to see it right then. If it's a concert (or any video) that you love, and want to be able to revisit a year from now, three years from now, it's your own fault and folly to trust that it will still be sitting there on youtube/vimeo waiting for your return to watch it again. Anything that I particularly enjoy, I grab it as soon as I see it there. Better safe now, than sorry later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.