Films You Could Never Watch Again Because ...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sternodox, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Henry had one great laugh line when the Ottis Toole-based character says: "Well...I feel like killing somebody!"

2. The Naked Gun movies, O. J. Simpson isn't funny anymore.

VU Master and The Revealer like this.
  3. Enjoy!

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Anything involving animals or people being tortured. Cannibal Holocaust is a big one, mainly because the scenes involve real animals.

Jarleboy likes this.
  5. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Oliver Stone's 'The Doors'. I had a middling interest in the band, but Stone's hallucinogenic direction and the dark nature of the film actually made me physically ill and the whole experience turned me off to The Doors for good.

DHamilton likes this.
  6. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I thought that I would have a tough time watching Se7en again but I did it again and it was actually better the second time.

I don't think that I ever want to watch Jacob's Ladder again.

7. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I thought that it was very entertaining fiction.

melodic chaos and The Revealer like this.
  8. I don't have any reason to watch Man Of Steel, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice or Suicide Squad ever again, and that's because I'm done with the entire DC Extended Universe. I'll refrain from saying any more on this subject, but I just can't picture myself viewing anything further in this series unless it's purely out of morbid curiosity to see how much deeper Zack Snyder and his misguided colleagues are possibly able to drive WB's plans for live action superhero success into the ground...

The Revealer likes this.
  9. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

My wife said the same thing after finding we both cried our eyes out during a screening of 'Caligula.'

SandAndGlass and Dreadnought like this.
  10. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

For me, what seriously comes to mind is the cabin mutilation sequence from Von Trier's 'Antichrist.' Never again, ever.

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Three I can think of:

The Passion of The Christ - waaayyy too violent.
    Roots - evil violence - evil and violence
    Schindler's List - pure evil and violence

In short, I don't like watching evil and violence done to another human being. I can, however, watch some slasher-type movies because I know it's fake. And, no rape scenes.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I will never see another Lars Von Trier film. He's a cinematic sadist, and I am not a masochist.

Jarleboy, SandAndGlass and jupiter8 like this.
  13. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

That's the film/sequence that immediately came to mind when I saw this thread. I really don't think I could watch that again.

14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I'm sure there are a few films I'll never watch again, simply because they were terrible films.

But there aren't any films I'd never watch again due to any sort of graphic/disturbing/shocking content, because I can distinguish between movies and reality.

15. Dave Mac

Dave Mac Retired Sophisticated Gentleman Of Leisure

New member here.

I agree with Rocker. So much of the graphic violence and gore in the "Saws" and "Hostels" and such is so cartoonish and over the top that to some degree you can shrug it off, even (uneasily?) laugh at it. I grew up with all of the gross-out '70s slasher and exploitation pics ("Driller Killer" anyone?) where the special effects were groundbreaking at the time but still kind of fake looking. They were gross simply because they could be. On the other hand the carnage and human suffering in "Hacksaw Ridge" and even "Deer Hunter," are so realistically graphic in order to show us that war is indeed Hell. Sometimes violence and even depravity are vital to the story being told but of course too many other times it's just gratuitous. I wouldn't avoid watching shocking and disturbing films again but I wouldn't necessarily seek them out.

Some movies with a Big Reveal or surprise dramatic ending I don't need to sit through again because I now know the surprise and a repeat viewing would be kind of anti-climactic. ("Sixth Sense.") Streep/Sophie's absolutely horrific choice was so gut-wrenching I don't want to experience it again. That and young Ricky Schroder's final scene in the locker room in "The Champ" . . . wow. Pure acting with no special effects. Incredibly emotional performances that put you through the ringer but don't make for a particularly fun Saturday night.

Galeans likes this.
  16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I agree with Dave.

Movies like Sixth Sense where the surprise is gone I have no desire to watch them a second time.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Others have mentioned Henry: Portrait of.. & Anti-Christ. I see no reason to ever watch either of them again. I've watched Schindler's List several times. A very good but possibly more disturbing film about Auschwitz is Son of Saul. It's a real downer with a very sad ending.

18. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

'The Vanishing' (the original Dutch film). Chilling story of a missing woman and her boyfriend who is left behind. Evil not only triumphs, you get the feeling that it always will.

Tanx and Borgia like this.
  19. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

The Counsellor

alexpop likes this.
  20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Saló: or the 120 days of Sodom. Never again. Ouch.

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

That's a hardcore movie. Woah.

Another I will never see again is Matyrs. Jesus.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  22. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Legends of the Fall. Too depressing.

23. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Because I remember the whole film. I think music is the only thing I repeat to death because I like the record so much.

24. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

And I'll never see the American remake because it was awful.....by the same director no less

Siegmund likes this.
  25. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I've never had a problem with "Schindler's List" because it's accurate history and something
    we need to never forget.
    But I do have a problem with the opening of "Cliffhanger" with Stallone. That horrible
    "I don't want to die" scene is way to much for me, and I never watch the first part of the
    film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.