Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by whaiyun, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Double dip with this puppy.
    Cinema.
    3D Steelbook blu.

2. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

looks great. can't wait.

3. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Loved the first one to bits!

The new trailer has me drooling.

4. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Saw the new trailer this morning. Talk about building an appetite for a movie. Can Not. Wait.

andybeau likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Complete with Funkadelic music (if I'm not mistaken)...

andybeau likes this.
  6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Before the Kong movie they had an extended preview of the movie.

Can't wait.

7. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

I'm really keen on who Sylvester Stallone and now recently announced, Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum will be playing. According to James Gunn, their roles are said to be important and that they work together in tandem? Fans have pointed to Nova, others have suggested Rosenbaum could be Adam Warlock. Heck, maybe we'll be surprised and find that Silver Surfer and Galactus could make an appearance in the MCU, meaning that the rights be handed back to Disney/Marvel from Fox. And with those characters involved, Avengers: Infinity War will be even better for it. :)

alexpop likes this.
  8. alexpop

looking to be better than the first one, which I thought would be impossible.

9. alexpop

The Silver Surfer. Character needs his own picture.

Tree of Life and FVDnz like this.
  10. Looks good. I'm curious about the soundtrack.

FVDnz likes this.
  11. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Me too. After hearing Sweet's Fox on the Run in the first trailer, I went over and played other Sweet videos on YouTube shortly afterwards - and what a fun band they were. Can't say much about the Andy and Steve-lead incarnations of the band(s) nowadays though.

Butterfly Blue likes this.
  12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I wasn't terribly impressed by the first one, but I still might check out Part 2 just for the fact that Kurt Russell is in it.... he's always awesome. ;)

Tree of Life and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

Bone Tomahawk.

Tree of Life likes this.
  14. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I could see Rosenbaum as the surfer...But ...I literally spit out my orange juice laughing just thinking of Sly as Galactus.That would either be a stroke of mad genius or the worst casting of a comic film character since, well, Stallone as Judge Dredd. I know you were just speculating but...A part of me wants it to be true.

FVDnz likes this.
  15. alexpop

Jason Statham would be badasss as the Silver Surfer.

Tree of Life likes this.
  16. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Oh, I agree with you if Stallone ended up playing Galactus. Makes me laugh even thinking about it lol. And it would be too much of a coincidence if he ended up playing Nova because he played Judge Dredd in the past. Still hoping for an Adam Warlock surprise somewhere though - or else, I would probably laugh again if his voice were to be used for Doctor Doom even.

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

:D

Chris Pratt shared James Gunn's photo.
    March 22 at 1:54pm ·

On May 5th the greatest movie in the history of movies is coming. There has never been and will never again be a movie like this. Seriously. Ever heard of Citizen Kane? We're much better. Seriously. Our movie just tested at over one million points. Rotten tomatoes already has it at 234% fresh. #GotGVol2 will win every movie award AND about 39 Olympic gold medals in swimming, gymnastics, the skiiing event with the gun, x games, snowmobiling and everything. It will win the World Cup and about 7 super bowl rings, sorry TOM Brady. This movie will fry your brains and lift your spirits. James Gunn will be elected president of the world. They will add the faces of the guardians to Mount Rushmore for sure. We're gonna get a planet. May 5th will become a national holiday. Everyone will get pregnant. Candy will fall from the sky. Global warming will stop. Dinosaurs will come back to life. Which unlike some movies might tell you, is actually a really good thing. Because they won't flip out and kill people instead they'll be your awesome pets. So basically get your tickets as soon as you can. Don't be the only person on the planet who doesn't see this movie.

Humbly,
    Starlord

[​IMG]

18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

James Gunn will write and direct III.

'Guardians of the Galaxy 3': James Gunn Returning to Write and Direct

"I could save this answer for the first, random interviewer to ask me during the press junket but instead I thought I’d share it with the most important people in the Guardiansverse — you, the fans, who have been so incredibly supportive and enthusiastic over the past five years, it has moved me to tears on a regular basis," Gunn wrote. "So, yes, I’m returning to write and direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. In the end, my love for Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Star-Lord, Yondu, Mantis, Drax, and Nebula — and some of the other forthcoming heroes — goes deeper than you guys can possibly imagine, and I feel they have more adventures to go on and things to learn about themselves and the wonderful and sometimes terrifying universe we all inhabit. And, like in both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, we will work on creating the story that goes beyond what you expect."

Gunn noted that while a decade of Marvel Cinematic Universe storytelling has been leading to 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, Guardians 3 will help set up the next 10 years of storytelling for the MCU.

FVDnz and alexpop like this.
  19. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

And it's apparently been confirmed that Sylvester Stallone will be playing this Stakar, better known as Starhawk. Sounds like an interesting character...

alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

Confirms III"
    Brilliant he's doing vol 3.
    Should be continued great product.

Deuce66 likes this.
  21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Stallone AND Kurt together again like an intergalactic Tango and Cash!

Bobby Buckshot, FVDnz and xdawg like this.
  22. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident Thread Starter

Awesome Mix Vol.2 got posted today

[​IMG]

23. Pretty cool....except for Brandy.

24. Just a quick note regarding the music:

This version of Mr. Blue Sky is not the original, but rather Jeff Lynne's remake from the early 2000s (which finally turned up as the title track of a 2012 album containing several other classic ELO songs revisited by their primary creator). Also, his new recording of Livin' Thing was licensed for a scene in the first "Guardians" movie that ultimately became a deleted scene, but it does feature on the title screen of its recent video game spin-off. I suspect that someone involved with this series may be quite the fan to have so many songs from the same group appear on what is indeed an awesome set of mix tapes...

25. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

So if I read that right there's the chance of a Hasselhoff cameo. Hoff, Tango and Cash all in the same movie - the galaxy will never be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.