TV shows that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Too funny! The bell ringing makes it all work. What a serial killer. Trifecta!

2. wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica The Dude

How about a show about the Olsens from Little House on the Prairie?

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Ringworld, on HBO or Showtime.

4. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Lost in Space, did they ever find Alpha Centauri? Space 1999, cool show, freaky acting, they never got back to earth or terra firma. Sanford and Son, who doesn't love Fred G's comedy? All in the Family, Sheeze Edith get me a beeer will you. lol Star Trek with Shatner and Nimoy, did you know they actually were going to continue it in the 70's, I would have digged that, Logan's run, good stuff. Quark, funny stuff. Johnny misses it all!:cool:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

No wonder the West to so long to populate.....

carrick doone likes this.
  6. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I'd settle for a remake of the final episode.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

A live-action/animated version of Ninja High School.

Scenario: A average high school student is suddenly caught between a ninja princess (who has to marry him to become leader of her clan) and a princess of the Salution Empire (who has to marry him to open diplomatic relations with Earth).

Let the fun begin!

8. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

How about the ancestors of the Olsons, with the series set in the modern time with Ellie as a virtual clone of her ancestor Nellie.

9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I've told this joke before, and it isn't even original with me, but I STILL want to see a Downton Abbey spin-off where Violet and Isobel Crawley travel around the English countryside solving murders. :laugh:

10. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

"Young Hawkeye Pierce".
    "Jessie Pinkman Undercover Cop".
    "My Mother The Uber".
    "This Old House"-hosted by Ron Swanson.

Standoffish and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  11. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

How about a HBO show about the Beatles from childhood to the first time they appear with Ringo in concert after firing Pete Best. Tons of great true stories to be mined from that, It could last a few years it done properly.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Aside from Naked Dating with Scarlett Johansson (which has been at the top of my list for a while), I'd like to see Frank Pembleton, PI and a six part Woody Allen show on Amazon about three elderly Jewish men played by Allen, Alan Alda and Tony Roberts, who sit and muse on life, love and the pursuit of a good salt beef sandwich (that they're no longer allowed to eat).

13. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I wouldn't mind seeing a rated R, for cable only, version of Who's Line is it Anyway.

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

:righton:

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

16. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

17. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

If a powerful cable company put some weight behind a 8 or 10 episode adaptation of the Zap Gun by Philip K. Dick they could have several seasons of adaptations of his books and stories following that, Ubik could come from the same reality.
    The Zap Gun Theatre, The PKD Chronicles or some such. A lot of great material there for loads of dystopian sci fi laced with some good ol' dark humor. Just sayin'.

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Is there a
    "movies I wished would exist "thread?

19. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

A reality show where people scour the vaults of each country in search of audio recordings that were lost, forgotten or ignored. These recordings can be spotlighted on each episode & the public can vote to create a soundtrack for each season. All of the recordings can be digitized into an archival database. Sales of each season's soundtracks can go towards the following season's search.

ubiknik likes this.
  20. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

The Adventures of U.N.I.T.

Set in the 70's with Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, Harry Sullivan, John Benton, et al.

:righton:

Blimpboy likes this.
  21. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

A political show set in 2060 or so, depicting a presidential campaign, and how such campaigns have devolved. One candidate is playing a character - a cowboy, sort of a Clint Eastwood or Marlboro man type and is always in character when on TV. Another is an African-American hip-hopper, turned candidate. Another is a well-known internet troll. Another is a billionaire founder of a social networking co., and he is secretly messing with his co's algorithms to help him win. Everyone knows the reality of all the candidates, but they love them and are having a hard time deciding. There could be lots of scenes of the candidates and how they act on and off camera, and also lots of scenes of the people discussing the candidates, often very excitedly and with great excitement!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  22. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

The Simpsons move next door to the Adams Family who live next door to the Munsters.

23. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

"Cabin in the Woods: The Series"
    I miss a different monster a week shows like Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Friday the 13th: The Series, X-Files, etc.

24. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

If I won the Powerball and had producer money.....

*The Outer Limits: Anthology of Nightmares Past. Every episode from the original two season of TOL is reshot in 4K with updated SFX and matching today's best sci-fi writers with the best directors.

*The White Company. Based on the Arthur Conan Doyle novel. Game of Thrones proved people like sword fights

*a Lovecraftian horror anthology (I do like anthologies)

*The cop and the witch doctor. A buddy cop comedy

25. Stillhouse

Stillhouse Forum Resident

Though there has already been a movie and two miniseries based on Frank Herbert's Dune, I would love to see a multi-season series adaptation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.