New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Well, except, ya know, make them at 33 1/3.

2. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

45rpm is higher quality.

Sundazed and 4 Men With Beards do everything on 33 1/3, and they're usually around $17-25ish.

IR Shane likes this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I understand the potential, but why these at 45 and not the other albums they've produced so far? The vast majority of albums that we know and love and get all gushy about the sound of are cut at 33 1/3. How much is gained besides a mark up on the record? Is a Judy Sill record at 45rpm like seeing MY DINNER WITH ANDRE in Imax? Why am I being so combative (I'm not really :D) about a record that doesn't really interest me? How many questions can I ask in a row? Did you ever see UNCLE BUCK?

IR Shane, Stu02 and telepicker97 like this.
  4. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I love John Candy. Uncle Buck is considered a classic.

sjaca, IR Shane and Pinknik like this.
  5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Original pressings of Michael Penn's "March" are easily found, inexpensive and sound fantastic. But what the heck, reissue it!

IR Shane and c-eling like this.
  6. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

How about reissues from The Sound? Their lp's are really hard to find in the US and I'm pretty sure the 1972 reissues were just cd's pressed on vinyl.

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

I would love to have the two albums by David Johansen & The Harry Smiths on LP. Excellent recordings and the CDs sound good, but I'm sure they can improved.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Cool, nvm then. Glad they are available.

9. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

No chance for you to have the rights I think but I would be extremely happy if you or one other could reissue Brand new morning by Bob Seger (and also Back in 72)

telepicker97 and Andy Pandy like this.
  10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

The eponymous first record is available as an SACD hybrid and sounds great.

Andy Pandy likes this.
  11. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Not sure of the market but a reissue of the first two Gomez records. And the first two Spacehog albums were never released on vinyl but deserve it; at the very least The Chinese Album.

And honestly, if you want to release something that will likely do well for you, how about the Amelie soundtrack. Never released on vinyl but would (I think) sound amazing.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I just heard this LP the other day by Collective Soul "Hints Allegations And Things Left Unsaid"

IR Shane likes this.
  13. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

Two great albums deserving the audiophile treatment are Tim Hardin "1" and "2".

sjaca and IR Shane like this.
  14. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Shane - I love 45RPM versions of albums on 12" vinyl: keep 'em coming. The many 45RPM sets I have come closest to putting the band in the room with me. I don't mind getting up more frequently to flip the record over if I can be transported back in time to the recording venue. Plus, we probably all need more exercise.

Here are a few more suggestions of artists whose albums seem to be horrendously expensive on the used market:
    1. The Cardigans
    2. Super Furry Animals
    3. Supergrass

And how about:
    4. Fountains of Wayne

longdist01 and IR Shane like this.
  15. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I forgot to add: great job on the Erasure album: it's top notch!

IR Shane likes this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Not seeing that happening. I'm being very selective with SACD. If FBB goes well there might be more.

18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I don't really find out what tapes are available until a deal is in place. I am definitely trying out some titles this year that are below radar. It's risky for obvious reasons but if I love something enough I"ll try it. Stay tuned.

19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Two things- MOV is not US, so that doesn't affect me. But yes, the single 33 format was tied up. That being said, this artist and these records are a good fit for a 45 RPM treatment. It sounds the absolute best, and if you love her music as much as I do once you hear the 45 pressing you won't mind flipping sides one bit! And let me reiterate, we bout directly from THE original master tapes on both Judees. The IR versions are the bee's proverbial knees.

20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Someone else is doing Toad, and AIC is off limits unfortunately. Would LOVE those! O is another I've asked for and can't do.

telepicker97 likes this.
  21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

These are all excellent suggestions! Did I hear Super Furry Animals are coming back to vinyl? If not I will inquire.

Preston likes this.
  22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

U2 is as untouchable as the Beatles!

drfindley likes this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I've got an original. I believe I could make a version that would blow it in the weeds.

DigMyGroove and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Two things, and if you wish you can attack at will after reading! I'm a big boy I can take it! Judee was not available in the US as a single 33. So, yes the first bridge I had to cross was whether to do it at 45 RPM. I think her music lends itself to 45 RPM more than any other releases I've done (Wonderland 45 RPM anyone?), and so I said yes and I'm doing it. Two, the part I can control and make promises on is that my 45 RPM versions will be THE definitive versions, cut directly from the master tapes. I believe these LPs will stand with any other premium 45 RPM releases out there, in every way. When you listen you will be a believer!

25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I LOVE Tim Hardin. Great idea. Did you by any chance hear the Mark Lanegan album of Tim Hardin songs? if you haven't find it.

sjaca likes this.