Good Deals on Other Amazon Sites (Italy, Spain, France, etc.)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

For those with multiregion or Region 2 DVD players, Amazon UK currently has the complete series set of Columbo for GBP 24.85, sold by a third-party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. If I didn't already have the Region 1 season sets (acquired at a significantly higher cost), I'd have jumped on this:

Columbo: The Complete 10 Season Collection: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Falk, Michael Lally, Bruce Kirby, John Finnegan, Vito Scotti, Fred Draper, Val Avery, Jerome Guardino, Jack Cassidy, Robert Culp: DVD & Blu-ray

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  2. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Very good deal. I own them too, otherwise I would have went for it.

3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Stones back down to 219€ from Amazon.it.

4. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

5. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

Thank you for this tip.
    These are real bargains. Only my problem with Amazon is that for many records it's not exactly clear what pressing you will get.
    Barcode data is missing.
    But it's very tempting to step in.

6. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Since it's Amazon France, I'm just assuming anything ordered will be the most recent European pressing.

7. Skalap

Skalap New Member

I live in France and ordered some too. I confirm that they are all new European pressings.

Brendan K likes this.
  8. Skalap

Skalap New Member

9. FourWalledWorld

I believe the extra €3 discount is only applicable to Amazon Premium members.

lightbulb likes this.
  10. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

Yes, you're right, with the help of Discogs it's not too difficult to find out which release it exactly is.

It's more difficult to find out about the risk of bad sound/pressing quality.
    Nick Drake - Five Years Left and Stevie Wonder - Innervisions are probably the infamous Back to Black releases, which I'd like to avoid.
    The most recent European Dylan releases are the mono ones, but there's no indication if it's mono or stereo. So skip Dylan.

Now that I inspect my "panier" (cart) (Angry Young Them, Let England Shake, Kind Of Blue, Talking Heads 77, I Never Loved A Man, Marquee Moon) I see that some of them may have a delivery time of a couple of months "Habituellement expédié sous 2 à 5 mois".

Last but not least there's the confusion about the €3 discount. It's explicitly stated that the discount is for Premium members. I don't belong to the club, but the records in my cart have the €3 price reduction.
    The remark that the prices in your cart are subject of change doesn't help for my confidence either.
    I don't dare to push the 'Passer la commande' button, so that I might discover the real price and shipping costs.

End of the story.
    I'll go to my local record shop and pick up some fine records, inspect them (what you see is what you get), bring them back if something's wrong with it, have a chat and forget about the money.

11. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

I'm in the UK but it let me sign up to the free prime trial (Just need to remember to cancel)
    I picked up,
    Dire straights - Brothers in arms
    Pearl jam - yield
    Nirvana - in utero
    Depeche mode - songs of faith and devotion
    The cure - entreat plus
    The cure - the top
    R.E.M - out of time
    The smiths - louder then bombs
    Bob Dylan - blonde on blonde

Which came to £96.59 delivered! I hate to think what that selection would be on amazon uk... entreat was £30+ on its own!

12. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I just bought Innervisions from FNAC for 9,99€. Not only is it perfect but the sound is terrific -a friend who has an original concurred and was most impressed.

PS: you are made aware of all charges, including shipping and country-specific VAT before buying. In any case, were you to change your mind shortly afterwards, you would be able to cancel successfully and without penalty.

13. culabula

culabula Unread author.

But what advantage is there in signing up to Italian Prime ? You still have to pay the foreign postage.

14. FourWalledWorld

True about the postage but it's the French Prime that is offering an extra €3 off each title.

15. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Yes, 18 euros deduction at checkout. Postage was 5.81 euros which is about what a U.K. Store would charge.

16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Thanks, must investigate that. I spent 200€ on the FNAC website recently (pick up in the store of your choice) but to get their 3€ rebate you had to sign up for their loyalty card, which I couldn't be *rsed with.

17. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

Good to know about Innervisions. It's (one of) his best(s).

Once I've pushed the 1-Click button at amazon.co.uk. Cancelation by Amazon wasn't possible because the order immediately was dispatched by the third party seller (how comprehensive 1-click can be). After mailing to the third party seller they told me the record was already on it's way to me. They offered me to return with refund, but i let it be (the record was abbey road).

I don't like that Amazon keeps my credit card number with it's way of automatic payment. At most Dutch websites, after giving the order you're guided to the websites of your bank. So then it's still possible to cancel.

18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Maybe stop using 1-click and just go the normal basket, then buy route ? That's what I do. Cancelled something hours late successfully when I released I'd made a mistake in quantity.

Must say, it's very rare that the 3rd-party sellers dispatch immediately.

lightbulb likes this.
  19. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Talk about Beatles obsession! :D

iloveguitars likes this.
  20. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

The first Beatles LP I've ever bought, in my life at 64.

myles likes this.
  21. rlanda

rlanda Well-Known Member

22. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Oh gosh... I picked the cheapest shipping from Amazon France to the US, and so far, only Nevermind has shipped. Still hasn't got here yet. ETA for Nevermind is before April 19th, Bleach before April 28th, and Unplugged/In Utero before May 3rd. I'm not annoyed due to the price, however. I'll update once they're in!

rlanda likes this.
  23. LarryP

LarryP Soul Singing

Thanks for this! I just ordered Dylan Hwy 61, Clapton unplugged and Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason. Signed up for Prime (will cancel within 30 days!), and got another 6 euros off. $62CAD delivered (~US$46). Clapton alone here in Canada is almost CAD$50...

Thanks!!!!

azjvm05 likes this.
  24. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Nevermind has come in the mail today. After comparing the track Smells Like Teen Spirit from the Original US CD to this European vinyl edition, there's definitely way less compression on the vinyl version and the vocals shine through more (although the CD isn't awful by any means). This obviously isn't the best sounding record in my collection, but it nowhere near the worst either, especially in reissue territory. There's incredibly clarity, as well. So I'd say it's a good to great pressing; If you've never had the album before on vinyl (like me), I'd say go for it.

Apparently, rumors say it's the original masters as well. <- the discogs page for the release

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  25. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond