Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

And to add to the mystery, there are tons of examples for sale by third party sellers that are super cheap, from $3.73—$7.51 just on the first page of listings. And the third party CD examples are priced way higher.

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

It's probably a mistake. Amazon has made this mistake before on other items.

3. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

I noticed that as well. That either adds to the mystery like you said, or, confirms they have the vinyl and CD listings mixed up.

4. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It's especially strange, considering the vinyl version is not currently in print, as far as I can tell.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

lightbulb likes this.
  6. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

The same "seller" has pages and pages of cheap vinyl on Amazon Canada too, looks like a scam to me.

7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

It's shipped and sold by Amazon.

8. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I know that it has gotten mixed reviews, but the Animals "Mickie Most Years" CD box set with a lame t-shirt is being sold by importcds in the amazon marketplace for $31 and (even better) for $21 on importcds.com - I gave in and bought it on their website, since I only have the Retrospective CD.

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

That's what I was looking for this AM, a UPC number. Couldn't find it.

10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yep. I cancelled my order. It's extremely unlikely that this record has been pressed again and only Amazon is selling it, at a ridiculously low price.

11. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Amazon seller reviews

• Recent Feedback:
      • 1 out of 5:
      • "The prices do not make sense. The tracking number is invalid."
      • Nicolas Martin, April 3, 2017
      • 1 out of 5:
      • "Be careful with this seller. They say their from OH or something, and there prices are really cheap for less than half the price of other items/ 3.99 etc, but they ship from China with an untrackable tracking number (EMS) Seller smells like a scam artist. Would not accept my cancellation after I figured them out. Be careful."

Galley likes this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The box and shirt are worthless but the CDs are well worth that price. I think it sounds good.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  13. LarryP

LarryP Soul Singing

Thanks for this! I just ordered one. Too good a price to pass up on. I however interacted with Amazon directly to make sure what was being advertised is what I will receive (vinyl-new). Per someone else above, there was a snafu in advertising it as it was indeed a CD when it was originally advertised as vinyl. They recognized the error and even gave me a $5 discount on next purchase! All good with no risk!

lightbulb and sungjoo75 like this.
  14. putney_swope

putney_swope Forum Resident

It looks like there's been a rash of people hacking into existing seller accounts, selling items at ridiculously low prices, pretending to "ship" them and hopefully cashing out before they get caught. I know I've seen it a lot on listings for things like the Nintendo Switch or the NES Classic.

15. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Ya, he bought from a third party, not shipped and sold by Amazon.com

That album that was posted is shipped and sold by Amazon.com

As was mentioned, the listing is an error and actually a CD.

sungjoo75 likes this.
  16. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I took the bait too, thinking I was getting a great deal on an LP. Not, just got off the phone and debated the issue with amazon rep.
    Bottom line, as a Prime member, got a full refund (gift card credit) and told to keep the cd, don't send it back, give it away if you like.

LarryP likes this.
  17. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Tjazz, Lethrus, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  18. LarryP

LarryP Soul Singing

Yeah, called them yesterday and indeed, nothing. Its a CD...order cancelled but, as mentioned earlier, at least i got a small credit from them which I promptly used to purchase something else. Little risk and I knew that so all good.

John D. likes this.
  19. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Thanks for the Hardwired heds up!

black sheriff and seaisletim like this.
  20. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Does the Hardwired vinyl actually sound good ? Can't find any comments on it.

21. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Yes - the consensus on the dedicated Hardwired thread is that it is the best sounding format available. If you like the album and want to crank it up - the purchase at that price is a no-brainer.

bru87tr likes this.
  22. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I found one thread that looked dedicated but didn't read any comments on sound. So thanks!

23. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Correction?
    3 vinyl LPs. (red, white, and blue vinyl) Disc 1, 2 & 3 are the same as the CD double set with the same track list but you get a CD of 9 songs that were recorded live at rasputin music in Berkeley on April 16th 2016 and the title track Hardwired recorded live at the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on August 20th, 2016.

(I don't think there is a CD copy of the 3LPs)

24. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

And a pack of buttons too.

25. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Got mine...CDs! :yikes:
    Immediately asked for a refund......and yes, the listing was fr vinyl, not CDs.
    The brave.