Anthrax - State of Euphoria Reissue with Bonus Disc

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dennis1077, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Love State of Euphoria, but I'll skip this. After tracking down original CDs, I prefer them to the remasters, although I do like the remaster of Spreading The Disease.

Brenald79 likes this.
  4. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I respect what Scott Ian says in his book about State of Euphoria. I'm pretty new to Anthrax and I thought his comments might mean I'd actually really like the album since artists tend to say stupid stuff and disown albums that are pretty great. But sadly no, I just can't get connected to it. The first three albums are great and the last two albums with Joey back are both top notch too. But State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time both leave me flat.

It's hard to get excited about a deluxe edition of an album you don't really like to begin with but I do support them using their back catalogue to get previously unreleased stuff out to the fans while making a living.

5. dennis1077

For me, it's all about the bonus material. I love rehearsal recordings and getting a glimpse into how the songs evolved.

Vinyl_Blues and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  6. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I just got a Popmarket email for the preorder. 30 years! Damn I feel old.
    I'm going to stick with my original CD for this one. I certainly don't need three versions of "Antisocial".

Erik B. and dennis1077 like this.
  7. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

So this says remastered by Charlie Benante might be a good thing. Loved this in junior high, still a great album. I will wait on reviews since it's a long album to be stuffed on 2 sides remaster or not. The persistence of time reissue was fantastic on 2lp IMO.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  8. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

A real great album.....always loved it.....but this set is so underwhelming that I will be giving it a miss....there must have been much more they could have provided.....a live show??

I know Charlie isn't a big fan of this album.....and it shows but this lacklustre set.

I do recall this tour very clearly though......Living Colour were support.......Anthrax though were simply brilliant.

Vinyl_Blues and Erik B. like this.
  9. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

The tour I saw for this album was Anthrax opening for Ozzy.

Brenald79 and Erik B. like this.
  10. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

That guitarist with the vest just needs to cut it out. Made it unwatchable.

11. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Eh, he's a kid, showing off. He's since turned into a really astounding guitar player, making it all the way to the AllStars, the very best out of more than 200 locations.

Greenalishi likes this.
  12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

That album was a letdown, but at least they came back strong in a major way with the next one. A live show from the tour would be of much more interest to me than incomplete versions of the songs that ended up on this album.

Pass.

four sticks likes this.
  13. dennis1077

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Is this just the same as the remaster from the Island Years box set, plus the bonus CD?

eric777 likes this.
  15. dennis1077

I'm not familar with the boxset but the Amazon listing says "newly remastered" by Charlie Benante.

16. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Well, I'm excited! One of my very favorite Anthrax albums getting some recognition is pretty special in my eyes! Went ahead and ordered the CD and LP. I'm wondering if the second CD won't be similar to what Whitesnake did with the 87 Evolutions disc in their 1987 box set?? Kind of the impression i got from the description... That would be awesome! Cuz, the Whitesnake disc definitely made for an interesting listen!

Anyway... Really looking forward to this and Metallica's ...And Justice for All set! \m/

Vinyl_Blues and dennis1077 like this.
  17. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

According to what I found online, the Aftershock set wasn't remastered though I disagree. The albums are noticeably louder on this set then they are on the original releases. In any case, I'm betting it will be a new remaster seeing as how Among The Living sounds different on the two disc remaster then it does on this set. I'm sure it will still be louder then on the original. I am sticking with the Aftershock set.

Brenald79 likes this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

In the Aftershock CD booklet under Reissue credits it says Mastering: Andy Pearce.

eric777 likes this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I just spotted original CDs of the first 5 albums at a used store. Someone dumped their metal collection lol. Do you think they’re worth picking up? I have the remasters.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Oh definitely, especially for Among, State and Persistence.

nosliw and Brenald79 like this.
  21. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Euphoria totally disappointed me, and Persistence Of Time is worse IMO. Over the years I have warmed to State Of Euphoria a little. I like the sound but just find the songs lacking after ATL.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I’ll pick them up.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  23. dennis1077

Anyone pick up deluxe editions of Spreading the Disease and Among the Living? I might have to buy all three.

It's a shame we don't have bonus material for Fistful of Metal. I assume we can look forward to a deluxe POT!

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  24. Vinyl Fan 1973

25. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I found the STD version on Aftershock to be extremely piercing. The SHM (UICY-94510) has a better mix even though the DR isn't all that great on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.