New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

How's about Fairground Attraction's First Of A Million Kisses? I have an original pressing bought bakc when it came out and it sounds like crap, mostly because of sibilance. I think it's a great record and well recorded, and could do with a audiophile makeover.

IR Shane likes this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

And last, no, Judee at 45 RPM is not Andre on IMAX. Believe me, you're going to understand once you hear them. There's a ton of inner detail and dimensionality people haven't ever experienced from these LPs, and 45 RPM gets it all.

DeRosa and Pinknik like this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I don't know that band, will explore.

4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

PS- sorry for disappearing. I usually get an email when someone posts to this thread, but I didn't get one for weeks and also had to get a new computer.

5. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Cool! They are some what of a one hit wonder, but the album is great as a whole. This is the hit:

But there's also this one, for example:

Fairground Attraction - Find My Love

Eddi Reader is such a great singer.

IR Shane likes this.
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Seriously? 4 Men With Beards? That's like asking if Sizzler uses Kobe beef. If you're LUCKY, 4 Men With Beards used the CD as their master.

7. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

Will Ferguslie Park be making an appearance on hybrid SACD? I enjoyed the Stealers Wheel self-titled one.

IR Shane likes this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yes. Hopefully this summer.

Blair G. and arob71 like this.
  9. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

I thought I had all Mark Lanegan's solo albums but I have missed this one. What's the title and on which label?

IR Shane likes this.
  10. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Glad Toad is being repressed finally... Remains to be seen if they do quality pressings.

Weird that both AIC and the Damien Rice album are off limits, but have yet to be released. It's frustrating if these are being held off for legal reasons.

IR Shane likes this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I crossed the streams on you. The bulk of my record collection is in boxes in my garage for another month or so. But I'm thinking of Lanegan's compilation box set Has Good Seen My Shadow and the Reason to Believe compilation. I think his box set has more Hardin tunes on it.

Andy Pandy likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The labels like to reserve projects to do themselves too.

13. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Any potential for reissuing Aimee Mann's Bachelor No. 2 or Lost in Space? Or even the Magnolia soundtrack which is essentially an Aimee Mann record (that was never given a vinyl release)?

And I'll make another plug for the Amelie (Yann Tiersen) soundtrack.

By the by, looking forward to the Flying Burrito Bros reissue!

IR Shane likes this.
  14. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I know - too bad they often don't want to do them with the quality you bring to the table!

IR Shane likes this.
  15. drfindley

drfindley Well-Known Member

Yeah, I probably should have not even brought that up, but hearing many versions of The Joshua Tree, I was sad of it's sound on all of them.

What about David Grey's While Ladder? I'd much rather have that than any U2

DigMyGroove and Fullbug like this.
  16. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Yup!

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I've got a suggested title that the labels have ignored and sounds fantastic. Needs an audiophile vinyl reissue. 'Rebel' by John Miles is fantastic musically and production wise being done by Alan Parsons. Sound wise up with The Project and dare I say it DSOTM. Contains the classic 'Music' and the rest is not too shabby. Originally on Decca in UK.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  18. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Original vinyl sounds rather good but I wonder about interest level now, though a huge UK hit at the time.

Can I say I don't see the majors letting independent labels put out their top selling artists on vinyl any more. Maybe with the exception of MFSL and AP who have some financial clout to obtain the tapes. Even then U2 like Beatles and Stones are of piste.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Aimee Mann is interesting.

longdist01 and Gabe Walters like this.
  20. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

Do you have any interest in the final Stealers Wheel album, Right or Wrong? It might be my favorite of their three.

IR Shane likes this.
  21. anodyne

anodyne Forum Resident

I'd love to see Aimee Mann's first two solo albums Whatever and I'm With Stupid get good vinyl releases. They've never been on vinyl before.

22. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Actually, there have been rumors/rumblings that there is a Cardigan's box set coming, all of the SFA albums being re-issued on vinyl and ditto for Supergrass, but I have seen (respectively) nothing, Fuzzy Logic and I Should CoCo re-issues and that's it. And these rumors have been circulating for YEARS.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yes, I would love to. I love that album too. I want to see Ferguslie sales pick up more first.

arob71 likes this.
  24. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

The Flying Burrito Brothers and Judee Sill are great choices! Are the Judee Sill albums not going to be released on SACD as well? As for suggestions, I would love to buy a well mastered SACD of Gene Clark's No Other.

IR Shane and Dok like this.
  25. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I loudly second that motion!

IR Shane and ParanoidAndroid like this.