ARW officially turns into YES feat Anderson Rabin Wakeman

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eiricd, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Forum Resident

3. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I don`t think that it matters what name they tour under, those buying tickets know what they`re getting for their money.

4. Eiricd

must have been a while in the making, and YES (Howe's band) must have known about it. I'm sure that's one of the reasons why he looked pissed off at the HOF ceremony

5. zen

zen Senior Member

Only if they get around to recording that new (studio) album. Passing around the brand...not so much.

freemanl likes this.
  6. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

They want to ride on the wave of publicity from the Hall of Fame induction (at which Rick made sure his name would be prominently mentioned in the coverage).

I wonder how many lawyers this took? Maybe they have to agree only one band can tour at a time.

7. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

Now this is interesting. Jons statement sounds like a gauntlet being thrown down. Ball now in Howes corner. He should ask to join but his track record is not one of accommodating or compromise. This could assume Pink Floyd legal wrangles proportions.

8. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Explains why Bruford didn't speak. He wanted to remain above the fray!

Let's not exaggerate the effects. A lot more money was at stake with PF.

9. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

What a mess.

Redolent of the Drama era Yeggles / Bus period or the Union two-bands one stage debacle ("I call it Onion as I want to cry when I hear it" - Wakeman).

The answer to another problem is now rendered clear.
    Bill rejoins a touring Genesis!!!

:agree:

10. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

This is crazy! How are they going to make this work??? I know that Alan White isn't in very good shape at all (could barely walk well at the RRHOF induction), and other than him, I imagine Steve Howe is the only other person who could lose work over this. Chris Squire owned the name, so I imagine his estate retained it. Maybe ARW spoke with the holders of his estate (wife and kids) and got permission. Notice that they didn't use the Roger Dean Yes logo. Howe owns that! There can't be two bands called Yes touring, or even existing. I'm betting Howe is livid!

11. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

One thing I know for sure: Yes fans will accept two Yes bands with grace and applomb. A negative word will not be spoken amongst us.

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

This is apparently not true but I'll refer you to someone who knows for sure... anyone?

13. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

"The most successful prog rock group of all time?" Most important and even greatest, maybe. But surely Genesis was more successful?

14. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

Well, Pete Banks came up with the name.

15. Eiricd

would be interesting to see numbers on this...Certainly Genesis if you count all the Collins era, but they weren't strictly prog for quite a few years before they disbanded!

MikaelaArsenault and O Don Piano like this.
  16. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

There were two Queenryches touring, two Ratts....

17. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Going on conjecture, but think it was split among Squire, Howe and White. Believe that Squire was clear on Billy Sherwood performing duties in his place for scheduled concert dates. Apart from what his wishes were, subsequent to his passing, one can only guess. Think it's true what was said about the logo. Notice that Roger Dean was the artist for Asia albums covers, when he was involved, and 80's Yes did not use the design/artwork.

Personal opinion is that Howe should swallow a little pride, agree to join forces with ARW, get White back into playing shape and bring Sherwood along on bass. The side musicians would understand. Downes has Asia dates, and is used to Howe bailing.

18. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Fixed that for you.

dlokazip, JimW, athensdrums and 14 others like this.
  19. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

Not in terms of money perhaps but in terms of recriminations definitely. I sense that there is unfinished business between Anderson and Howe.

20. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Best post of the year. I'm still cracking up!!

keyXVII, ARK, PhoffiFozz and 11 others like this.
  21. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I don't give a crap if the two sides get back together. What I would love is that they both rally and make the best possible separate albums-- entirely possible if you have Howe/Sherwood/Davison and Anderson/Rabin both working to turn out strong material. Sadly, that seems about as likely now as the reunion.

ARK likes this.
  22. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Seriously.... A band with only Steve Howe in it is NOT yes.... Had the band with Chris Squire and Steve Howe continued I think there would be grounds for a dispute. Time for Steve to quietly join the fold and pocket the cash.

peter fuller, zeuhl, PDK and 4 others like this.
  23. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

Maybe I'm a snob, but no Fish, no YES. It's time to retire the name and the band. RIP Chris, if you can.

24. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

As far as a new album is concerned they don't need Davison as he has nothing to offer.

MikaelaArsenault and Sadcafe like this.
  25. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

He had a few good moments with Glass Hammer. And he cowrote the two good songs on H&E.

MikaelaArsenault and Scottb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.