Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Great finale. Dar saved the President's live by warning Carrie. Wonder what will happen next season with the information Dar found out (along with Max) about the talk show host and Senator he had in the freezer.

2. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

it was good, I kind of miss the crazy seasons though (as unrealistic as they might've been)
    carrie managed to slip in one more lip quiver scene though

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

LOL! Showtime should fine her every time she does that, and fine the director and editor every time one slips through and ends up broadcast.

4. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

lol, emmy bait is what it is (I love her though)

5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It was similar to the end of the last series (Action ended in 15 minutes, 45 minutes of walking around looking glum) but the ending involving the president was a killer. Lots of subversive stuff in this series. If you really think about some of the concepts they introduced to the mainstream television viewer it, all of a sudden, becomes of the the greatest shows this century. Vale Quinn.

Lonson likes this.
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

I think this is the first season where Carrie neither went off her meds nor slept with one of her operatives.

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Nah, she gets a bonus every time she does it. I think it's great!

CBC likes this.
  8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

He got blown up before she had a chance.

9. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

I'm gonna cry with Quinn gone. Really good episode and certainly cleared up what I was wondering about with Dar. It'll be interesting to see where they take next season as O'Keefe is certainly still doing his thing.

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

When the guy who went undercover came to see Carrie drunk I thought he was going to make some revelation but he just went to sleep on the couch. It was a crazy way to set us up for the final twist.

11. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Great finale. This was definitely one of the best seasons.
    Random notes:
    I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Max to ruin Carrie's home visit.
    About that: wouldn't it have come out that Dar set up that whole thing and that Carrie really was a good mom? I mean come on-she helped save the President-Elect, I think she's OK to get her kid back.
    They took Quinn's story about as far as they could-a noble ending to a very troubled warrior. C'mon Emmy voters.
    I'm done with O'Keefe and his weird accent.
    All the feels with the pictures. Somebody smarter than me can reveal the significance of "Great Expectations"-Quinn as a social outcast (like Pip in the novel) maybe? How many called Carrie's picture being there? And the obvious callback to fatherless children. Lip quiver and all, there's no denying Claire Danes is a great actress.
    Now we wait a year.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

wonderful end to a wonderful season.

this show hasn't missed a beat.

quinn deserves an emmy nomination.

next year could be real interesting with carrie in the white house.

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

His natural British accent sneaks through when pronouncing certain word-sounds.

14. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

I am certainly curious as to who else Dar was working with because someone went behind his back to get his own task force and O’Keefe to work on this whole troubled warrior assassination plot. The McClendon guy couldn’t be the guy at the top. He’s gotta be taking orders from someone. It certainly sounds as though there is a certain group behind all this that the Senator in the freezer was obviously connected with.

My most burning question of the whole season though, when did Saul and Carrie get iPhones to be able to Facetime each other?

15. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I've never heard a hint of an English accent from him, though it's a very odd American accent!

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I didn't really pick up on it that much before, but I definitely did so in the last ep. Initially I thought it sounded Aussie, but I looked the actor up and he's British. Sometimes the two accents can be very similar (depending on region).

17. gary191265

I'm English ;) I'm sure they could have got an American actor to play their Alex Jones quite easily, given that the guy they did get is no Damien Lewis/Hugh Laurie!

18. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Wonder how Saul escaped being killed or wounded in the motorcade explosions?

19. redsmith7887

redsmith7887 Forum Resident

I didn't expect to see him sitting behind any table.

20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I was thinking the same. I thought he was in one of the vehicles that went left the underground parking and got bombed on the street.

21. misterdecibel

It's most apparent when he first starts talking, like it takes him a few words to slip into the right accent for the part.

22. gary191265

I thought that was just the weird drawl that he's got; seems more like an affectation than an accent glitch.

23. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Special Ops guys said they targeted the second van, and the first van was blown sideways (the one Saul was in). Still with that force anybody close would have been seriously injured. But it's Saul-do the math.

BNell likes this.
  24. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Everyone died except Saul.

25. misterdecibel

Dar Adal = Miss Havisham?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.