Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

By mixing things up I mean maybe playing a solid body guitar with a humbucker for a change.

2. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

In my world. Ugh

The selling point is us hearing Christine again. Really poor choice for single

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Do you have a link for this new song? I do not see it on YouTube.

4. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

No I pre-ordered the album from iTunes and they allowed this song as a download.

5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Very odd choice for a first single.

6. I think it's very good. I like the guitar motif. But I agree that it would've been nice for us to hear Christine. She should've provided backing vocals/harmonies.

Elliottmarx and JDeanB like this.
  7. Link!

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I only got to hear a minute or so on iTunes and was disappointed. What's up with the vocals? Is that autotune? Does Christine appear on the song, vocally? Disappointed that a Christine song wasn't the first release from this project...

Elliottmarx and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

It's a catchy chorus. I don't hear Christine vocals at all but it does kinda have a certain bounce to it that is Christine-like. But then it's very much guitar driven. It is what it is, I'll judge the song for what's there and not for what's not there. I think I'll end up liking this one.

10. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

My gut reaction is: I like it, it reminds me a lot of Trouble. Buy why isn't Christine singing on it somewhere? Either background vocals, or co-lead for short durations...

11. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

something tells me there will be a second song shortly that will be very Christine:)

WalkAThinLine and rstamberg like this.
  12. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

I absolutely agree with you here. I haven't heard the entire song, what I've heard sounds fine tho I'd be more curious to see how it works in the context of the lp.

....but it's a duet lp! Where the hell is Christine:)

13. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Lindsey always duets with Lindsey.

MikaelaArsenault and lennonfan1 like this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Yes, I think it has real potential, despite no Chris in the early part.

15. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Just heard 10 seconds but I like it a lot, 100% Lindsey vibe, can't wait for Christine songs, too bad we wont see them playing this album in big stages like Glastonbury as a FM reunion, but smaller venues will be great too

I'm excited we get to hear another chapter of the FM magic, even if it's not branded as FM, these two were always my favorite songwriters

16. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

In My World is on Spotify.

I like the song. It has one of Lindsey's clever melodies. Like everyone else, I was playing hunt the Christine though.:D

Maybe she nipped out for a smoke when he was recording it.:)

17. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I think this might have been one of the 2012 songs from the same sessions as the EP songs. Before Christine returned but I would've expected him to add her on there.

18. Further

Further Forum Resident

It certainly has that trademark sound of the modern Fleetwood Mac and I can definitely hear what someone else posted about being reminded of Trouble. It's an alright sound but this is a bit too slick for me. Lindsey can't seem to help himself as far as his production technique and toying with sounds goes. I'm more a fan of the basic approach and the way instruments really sound without the sugary coating and yes, it's disappointing there's really no Christine here.

I would hope that there is some blending of the two of them throughout the album and this isn't just a collection of solo Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie songs put together on the same album. At any rate, it's good to see them not waiting around for Stevie and moving ahead with new music. I'm curious though, who thought that photo was a good idea for the album cover? It's awful.

19. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

20. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

I like the new song, but I hope it's more of an amuse bouche for the album and less of a main course.

It intentionally casts the mind back Tango in the Night with those samples, and if that's the expectation they're setting for the album, then we're in for a treat. It's got that great, effortless LB style, but it is a little on the slight side. It's really odd that Mick and John are so recognizable - that has to be them - but Christine, whose name is on the cover, seems almost totally absent. I suppose that belies its origins as a FM album...?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  21. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

The cover is bad. It looks like one of those CDs they give away with newspapers.

I liked the song. It's typical Lindsey, but good to hear.

whisper3978 and John Adam like this.
  22. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I suppose that is Christine playing keyboards... it's an okay song, but definitely not a "wow" track to introduce this project!

Elliottmarx likes this.
  23. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

When is a Fleetwood Mac song not a Fleetwood Mac song? Based on the way that single sounds they maybe should have called the album 'Splitting Hairs'.

Whatever the case, sounds good, anything with Lindsey is a blind buy for me anyway, etc. The man knows how to scratch my particular pop itch.

gregorya likes this.
  24. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

I haven't heard new Christine since 2004... so I'm wanting a Chris song... as are most fans...

25. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

I like the song but def agree with everyone who thinks it's an odd choice given that it's a Buckingham/McVie album - I mean, all the fans are pretty familiar with Lindsay - he's never gone away (and I love him so I'm happy to have a Lindsay centric tune) but the draw here for the album is CHRISTINE IS BACK - so, kind of odd they choose a song where she is basically invisible.

WalkAThinLine and Elliottmarx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.