Def Leppard - Hysteria (30th Anniversary Edition)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andrew Smith, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith Senior Member Thread Starter

2. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Thanks Andrew, I'd be up for some rarities from the era :cheers:

Tree of Life likes this.
  3. Andrew Smith

I'm personally more interested in a Deluxe Edition of On Through The Night and High 'n' Dry.

A Deluxe Edition of Hysteria was released in 2006. Maybe this will be a 3-CD set.

4. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Another brickwalled reissue!

5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I would be in for this if they include some of the demos they play during the Classic Albums show. It would be cool to hear what the band came up with before Mutt was involved. How about some stuff from the Jim Steinman sessions?

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

That would be pretty sweet. I'd also be interested in hearing a nicely mixed live show from that era other than the In The Round - In Your Face gig.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  7. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I adore this album but, at this point, there's absolutely no chance of any remaster improving on the original. I'll stick, therefore, to what I have.

8. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I would go for an SACD and/or multi-channel release otherwise I am out.

9. NiceMrMustard

NiceMrMustard Forum Resident

Unless it's a single disk remaster, I'm not interested. Never got the last remaster because of the price.

Christopher B likes this.
  10. Between the b-sides and the Retroactive material, I'm not sure there are any more unless there is a full Steinman version of the album out there.

Galley and c-eling like this.
  11. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Anyone heard the new live album? Recorded in Detroit?

ian christopher likes this.
  12. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Forum Veteran

Absolutely. I don't see the point of a new Hysteria release while we're still waiting for the Deluxe Editions of the first two albums. I'll pass.

13. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

5.1 on Blu-Ray would be ideal. Throw in all the 12" mixes and B-Sides in Hi Res as well as a live show in 5.1 and I would serious cash.

14. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I'd like to hear something else besides the standard cd..

15. walrus

Hysteria in 5.1 could be amazing. So many tracks and instruments to work with.

ryaneagon, longaway, bunkaroo and 5 others like this.
  16. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Yeah that's an album seriously begging for a multi channel treatment. Even Pyromania would be awesome in 5.1 as well.

bunkaroo, PDK, Tree of Life and 2 others like this.
  17. Between the original CD, the MoFi Gold CD, and Retroactive, I'm good on 'Hysteria'.

Stephen J and dennis the menace like this.
  18. beansandcornbrea

beansandcornbrea Forum Resident

Hopefully there will be some of the demos and isolated sections of the album. I'm definitely in. Still waiting for a HD conversion of In the Round as well.

bru87tr likes this.
  19. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I agree on the On Through The Night and High n Dry. What are they waiting for already on those albums?

20. Andrew Smith

Disagreements with their former record company, apparently. :mad:

ian christopher and Tree of Life like this.
  21. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Got off the bus at Pyromania. As someone posted earlier, On Through The Night and High And Dry need a deluxe. First Strike should be bonus tracks. :agree:

22. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

During my drive to work last night, I was wondering if Guns n Roses might be planning anything for the 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. It didn't even cross my mind about Hysteria getting another anniversary treatment! Lol. Yet here we are.

Being that both of these albums are big favorites of mine, that still get played frequently, I'm always interested in anything related to the two of them. Also interested in the LP reissues Phil mentioned! :righton:

23. 32XD Japan1

32XD Japan1 Forum Resident

30 years since this robotic monsterpiece was dumped on metal heads like a boat anchor. And to think there are leftovers from the whitebread crumbs. Along with all Bone Jovi, I just want to forget. :laugh:

telepicker97 likes this.
  24. beansandcornbrea

beansandcornbrea Forum Resident

I believe they have said that they don't have much in the way of extras to make them worthwhile. We'll see.

25. walrus

I'd be on board for both. I have a lot of 5.1 and Quad stuff of albums that don't really have much to spread around (Paranoid and Metallica come to mind), but man, those two Lep albums could be mind-blowing.

Clanceman, Tree of Life and jeffreybh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.