Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

At "very special" prices.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  2. seilerbird

seilerbird Forum Resident

Ok if you think you are a real Beatles fan and a fan of Sgt Pepper's then answer this trivia question without cheating. What color was each Beatles Sgt Peppers outfit?

3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yes , it's on a little higher plane than "The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill" but below "Carnival of Light", which I just heard yesterday for the first time and is absolutely amazing! :p ;)

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Answer:
    GARISH!

troggy likes this.
  5. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Yes, in fact, the Magical Mystery Tour album! :agree:

Glenn Christense likes this.
  6. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Has a November/December 2017 release of some kind been officially ruled out?

They could stick the remaining 1967 odds, MMT outtakes, and whatnot on there, and even cram some material from the first half of 1968.

Enthusiasm for it from fans would at least be that of the original MMT foray.

7. Glenn Christense

Of course. :D

Away in the sky, beyond the clouds, live 4 or 5 Magicians. By casting wonderful spells they turn the Most Ordinary Coach Trip into a Magical Mystery Tour. If you let yourself go, the Magicians will take you away to marvellous places. Maybe you've been on a Magical Mystery Tour without even realising it. Are you ready to go?
    Splendid!

I'm still on that magical mystery tour with them...musically anyway. :p

8. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Nothing has been ruled out... or in. It really depends on how well things go from here. A set like Pepper took about 4 months to complete. That's a good gauge for future sets if they are to happen. For instance, the 5.1 surround mix was just completed in February of this year. SO sets can be done fairly quickly if the go-ahead is given. Ron

9. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

If we are talking about another box, don't you know that you can count me in.

10. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I can't wait to take the rough outtakes from Sgt. Pepper, and play them side by side with the finished Smile Sessions from the 2011 box set. Why, if only the Beatles had finished and released a full-blown Pepper album in the summer of 1967, instead of scrapping it and going into a decades-long tailspin, I'm sure that Sgt. Pepper would have blown Smile out the water! Just think!

But seriously, it will be fun to finally compare the "rough" Pepper to the rough Smile tracks, side by side, in the timeline.

11. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I'd say go for it. It's would give something to immerse yourself in until Pepper!
    I also love the live audience performances on vol. 2. It has the same excitement, but you can actually hear them, and they can hear themselves.

Percy Song likes this.
  12. evilpants

evilpants Forum Resident

If he'd said "how does it feel to be a dinosaur" to me, I'd have assumed he was joking, and therefore I would not 'break his face' because I am a reasonable human who doesn't feel the need to be violent just because someone has said something to me that I don't like.

It always puzzles me when people make these tough-guy threats of hypothetical violence. Don't they realise it makes them look pretty bad?

13. Glenn Christense

I would be more than shocked if there was anything deluxe-wise released later this year. The fact that we are getting this one relatively soon (for Apple) after the 1+ set and the Hollywood Bowl release and movie leads me to believe we are done for the year. If I'm wrong I'll be as happy as anyone, but I'm not going to hold my breath around Christmas this year waiting for another cool Beatles release.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

BBC Volume 2 is a great continuation. Some rare tracks, some repeated songs but also some other Fabs songs like 'She Loves You' and 'There's A Place' that weren't on the first volume.

15. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Interesting comment coming from someone whose online name is "evilpants" :D

nasa09 and notesfrom like this.
  16. evilpants

evilpants Forum Resident

You've never seen my trousers!

nasa09, marmalade166 and voles like this.
  17. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Amazon's Sgt. Pepper's Deluxe Boxed Set just dropped to $117.99 US.

At the rate they're going maybe they'll owe us money May 26th.

18. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Since MMT was restored and released on DVD/Blu-ray not long ago, maybe Apple would only release a 2-Disc deluxe edition of the album this Christmas to focus on the music instead, and instead of a full box a la Pepper.

What would everyone think of that? If it just included 1 disc of outtakes, instead of 2. Instead of repeating PL and SFF outtakes from the Pepper Box, maybe get two tracks of the May '67 jams or any unreleased incidental music they made for the film.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  19. yeah someone posted that a few posts back.. Im staying in w Amazon no matter what...

20. B-Luna

B-Luna Active Member

In this new video Giles Martin talks about "updating the sound" of the album, it also include more bits of the new stereo mixes. She's Leaving Home is clearly at the right speed!

ODIrony and Lewisboogie like this.
  21. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Ooh.... I'm going with yellow/green ish colour for John, blue for Paul, pinkish colour for Ringo..... George.... green?

22. Glenn Christense

Great. The price is/was sort of irrelevant to me, because I have to have it so I pre ordered through Amazon at their original price.
    Any and all price reductions are just icing on the cake for me now. I've mentioned it before in this thread or the other one , but compared to the $75.00 or so that the Magical Mystery Tour box set cost me at the time, $118.00 for six discs, etc., seems pretty fair to me.

23. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Are you Leppo, the 5th Rutle? :D

evilpants and vince like this.
  24. Glenn Christense

Me also. I can pretty much depend on getting a reasonable price from them, and get it delivered on release day in good shape. I have no reason to search around for other vendors.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  25. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

I agree, but I was told that it takes 3 or 4 months to complete a project. So, there's time to get something done, but whether that fits in with a marketing strategy or not is more the issue. Again, everything is contingent on the success of this project. Ron

Glenn Christense likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.