Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Hard to predict. A lot of the work might already be done on some of these projects, even if imminent future releases are tied to a sales forecast based on this set.

I think it is a very good sign, though, that they have diversified the Pepper release with the 1/2/6-CD and the vinyl array. That is an innovation there, even if a few seasons late to the game.

And they had to have noticed that Dylan wasn't bashful about just releasing everything hog wild the last couple years. And while it is not in the fabs' nature to jump off the deep end like that, at least they have decided to ante up in their own manner.

Accelerated growth might be the order of the day this summer at the Apple board meeting. These recordings and movies of Beatle songs and performances are not just the bread-and-butter of the company, they are the very foundation of its existence, with so much material already existing readymade (relatively) to be mastered or remixed and released. The time to let it roll out is now, and this Pepper box is a good first step towards this manifesting

Throw in the demographic mortality reality trends, the copyright angles, the finite nature of Beatle music that was ever made, and we can only hope that the tidal wave is just getting ready for a good long crest to wind this and that (60s) decade down.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. seilerbird

seilerbird Forum Resident

autumn daze and Mal like this.
  3. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

It was #1 in Amazon (not sure where it stands now). That means a lot, right?

Glenn Christense likes this.
  4. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

:agree: I think this is already less than I paid for the Flowers box too.

Glenn Christense likes this.
  5. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

If you look at the colour of the tassels, George's colours are John's inverted and Ringo's are Paul's inverted:

[​IMG]

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Off topic but George made the cut today for the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 soundtrack. The first one was a massive cultural deal and not only reached the top of the Billboard 200, but was the first soundtrack ever to do so without featuring a single new song. Yay George, may get some new fans.

pablo fanques, longaway and funkydude like this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Can't you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, yeah!"

8. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

:laugh: He owns the place. Actually a decent guy, trying to be funny.

9. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Oh well, the dream is over, Amazon just cancelled my pre-order, that's it, just can't afford it at full price, as it was it was going to be birthday present.
    Nice while the dream lasted.

10. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

My Sweet Lord.

Would have been nice if they chose a more obscure song but it's cool nonetheless (a chance for young people to discover solo George Harrison).

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  11. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Funny, you don't look garish.

pablo fanques likes this.
  12. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Looks like the shirt(s) underneath are also inversely coordinated too, beginning with Ringo.

And is it just me, or is John looking a bit like Mal's avatar?

Mal and andrewskyDE like this.
  13. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

That's really interesting. I've never noticed that before.

Mal likes this.
  14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

*Warner Brothers.^^

ODIrony likes this.
  15. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

Alright, who's your inside source?

16. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

Remember that Giles & Co already remixed the MMT soundtrack songs for the film BluRay/DVD/vinyl/book box set in 2012.

SIDE NOTE: I just picked up that MMT box set for $45 (half off from $90!) and the packaging is great. The new stereo mixes sound fantastic, so much bass. It'll look perfect next to the Pepper box. B-)

17. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Make sense, though, for a movie with a character named Star-Lord.

Fivebyfive and vince like this.
  18. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

There is a surround sound version of Kitten on the Anthology DVDs.

19. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Seems John's black shirt is the only one not inversely matched liked the others' colors.

More outtake photos reveal this yet I don't know how to post them here.

Mal likes this.
  20. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Out.

longaway and ODIrony like this.
  21. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Looking at some of the studio notes, it seems that individual Pepper songs were mixed in mono and stereo as they were recording them (or sometime thereabouts).

However, I always thought that they mixed the mono album after all the songs were finished, then mixed the stereo album last?

22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

You never give us your trousers, you only give us your funny paper... or posts.^^

ODIrony likes this.
  23. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Well, is the set you're proposing ONLY focused on the MMT album? Because if you include all the remaining 1967 songs, you have to add "All Together Now," "Only A Northern Song" and "It's All Too Much" also. And what's the "heart" of this purported "Rest of '67" set? The Pepper 50 box can claim that it's main reason for existing is the new stereo remix of the album. Can't do that with MMT -- two of the songs are already on the Pepper box. Do you bother remixing the MMT and YS tracks and the singles and make a new "album" out of that? What's disc 1 of this box set? Even if Apple could be talked into putting out another music box set in 2017, they're going to want it to make SENSE, and have some kind of purpose -- other than just making money, of course. It helps that neither MMT or YS are considered "real" Beatles albums, but it's still a problem -- and you need four signatures on the solution. The music all goes well together, because it was recorded in the same 6-7 month time period -- but what do you call it? Psychedelic Psongtrack? Let's put our heads together and figure this out, so our friends with contacts can pass it on before it's too late! :agree:

24. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

How about Magical Mystery Tour on the Yellow Submarine?

25. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

[​IMG]

Notice how John has his partner's hat and Paul has his partner's hat in that shot (and neither John or Paul have their own hats)...

What does it all mean? They've reached the eighth level, of course!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.