Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

2. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I wonder what the new originals sound like..

3. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

Well... my original post that you've quoted there was actually just a joke that I guess you missed. I'm not unduly annoyed that Amazon.ca cancelled this particular order, it was a risk that didn't pay off, so fine. What I am a little annoyed by is their lack of courtesy in not even notifying me about it. Now I realise that's my own personal problem, but add that to a few other problems I already have with Amazon and their policies, and I'm now going to go out of my way to NOT buy it from ANY Amazon outlet. So yeah, in the long run they've lost my business. UK or Canada, it's a small world as far as Amazon is concerned.

As someone upthread said, the lack of communication from them is a bad PR move.

As for lack of sympathy because it was never advertised as a Beatles product, that may be true for the first wave of orders on April 4th, but for the second wave on April 5th I can assure you it was listed as a Beatles release. They managed to correct the listing in that second instance, so why not the price as well?

Anyway, it's done now. But really, and weirdly, what ought to be a trivial side point to this release seems to have engendered a slightly unpleasant atmosphere around here that I'd hoped this place was above.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  4. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Where was that?

5. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I knew the price on Amazon was wrong and thought it would be too good to be true but after all that it was my only hope of getting this set and what I feel now is way more sadness than I could have imagined. I'm so disappointed that it hurts. So gutted.

6. Ivan

Ivan Forum Resident

Not surprised that the Amazon CA orders have been cancelled, but it's still a bummer. Glad I was able to also pre-order it for a reasonable price at Amazon Italy as a backup. Would rather have saved the $50 or so, but what can you do...

7. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

The thing with the Amazon.ca orders it seems to me (and I sympathise with all the people who are disappointed) is that what they actually advertised is a product that doesn't exist, an album called LHCB by a band called The New Originals so I guess it is easy for them to pull it from their listings without explanation as it never actually existed in the first place.

The Beave likes this.
  8. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

As others have said, I'm not that surprised by the cancellation although receiving the order update last week boosted my hopes of getting it. What is annoying is the fact that they didn't tell anyone and I'm sure there's a lot of people who will still be expecting it to turn up as they won't have heard to the contrary.

9. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

I got the "End" reference but still thought the point warranted the reply. (Maybe you were only "joking" but a lot of people here are talking about how they aren't going to stand for this, blah blah blah.) It's not like I was gloating or posting "ha ha" photos.

10. villiers terrace

Initially, yes but the ASIN number was the same and they later added a picture of the set showing it as Pepper. I took a screenshot at the time showing it.

11. villiers terrace

I contacted .ca about the lack of email and just received this response:

I'm very sorry that this has been a disappointing experience for you. We regret the error that resulted in an incorrect price being displayed for the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition (6 Disc). Unfortunately, in this case we were unable to honor the incorrect price, and your order was canceled and you've not charged.

When you place an order, we contact your bank for a purchase authorization to verify your card, but we don't actually charge you until the order ships. Some banks may hold funds in your account for these authorizations even if the order is cancelled.

To compensate for any inconvenience, please place a new order directly from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon with fastest shipping method and write back to us with the order number so that we’ll either waive off or refund the total shipping cost.

Please note that the item must be shipped and sold by Amazon.ca or Fulfilled by Amazon.ca

I understand that item price is listed high. It is incorrectly listed and it may varies before the item will get delivered. I can confirm that you'll only get charged the low price within this time frame.

Whenever you pre-order an item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between the time you placed your order and the price the item sells for when it's released.

lightbulb likes this.
  12. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I'm trying to decide if I should pay a premium to get the UK (European) version of the 2LP. Someone had stated that the Euro version is likely to come from a better pressing plant than the US copies, like the previous Beatles stereo box. But that set was 8 years ago and logistics change. Then there's Pink Floyd last year; their first wave of reissues saw the Euro versions come from a better plant, then the later reissues all came from the same place.

Does anyone have an concrete information about where the vinyl will be pressed? Right now its $10 more to order from Amazon UK as opposed to Bullmoose. All things considered I'd prefer to buy from Bullmoose and it is cheaper, but I'd pay a bit more if I knew the LPs were from a better pressing plant.

Sorry if I missed this in the big thread but man that one is a monster!

13. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Feel for you all who have lost out on the Amazon.ca deal, especially those who now find themselves likely facing not being able to afford the set straight away.

Whilst I have little to compare it with, I wouldn't think it would be long before the price drops to a more palatable price.

14. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Mine cancelled too, almost relieved, don't really need another big box taking up space and gathering dust. I love The Beatles but being honest I have probably played Pepper 5 times in the last decade. Can live without "new" versions.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  15. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

905 likes this.
  16. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Excuse me, but no one "tried to stick it to them", nobody went out of the ordinary ways to try and get a better price. It was a pricing mistake, and we were aware that it would probably get cancelled, so no problem. But you have no right to talk about us as if we were crooks or something. We just ordered a product Amazon offered at a certain price. Incorrectly? Probably, but that's not our fault. We assume they have the right to cancel and taht's it, no need for this kind of talk.

17. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

18. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I think you missed out on the Summer of Love message.
    Almost all the posts from folks that ordered at the low price were happy, optimistic, and yes...gleeful, but full well knowing that it was probably not going to come through for us. It was just one more aspect of this Sgt. Pepper release to be happy and full of anticipation about. I also think most posts since the cancellation have been expressing sadness that it didn't happen, but mostly commenting on the fact that Amazon didn't even send an email about the cancellation. Many of us were getting regular emails about "You ordered this...so you might like these" on a regular basis. So they can send us advertising emails, but not even let us know they've cancelled our order?

Yes, there were one or two folks that mentioned class action lawsuit, but I don't even know if that was serious or in jest. We knew Amazon.ca was clearly within their rights to cancel.

No sympathy from you on this issue? Fine with me. I didn't ask for and I don't want or need your sympathy over this cancellation. It isn't a huge loss, only a disappointment in an otherwise joyous event.
    Now you can go back to yelling at your neighborhood kids to stay off your lawn. :magoo: Sheesh.

19. skyjelly

skyjelly Forum Resident

Well, looks like Bullmoose just sold another box. I'm not angry at Amazon.ca, but I do think they could've handled this just a little bit better and quicker. I certainly won't be buying that Michelle Branch album now!
    For the folks who can;t afford the box at the regular going rate, I feel for you. $120 is going to suck up almost half of my music budget for the year (yeah I have a music budget, otherwise I'd be living alone in a box eating ramen noodles), but there's no way I could wait until Christmas for this set.

Sidewinder43 likes this.
  20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Boy, I agree with you 100%. And if people don't want to pay the current "going rate" for this set at various retailers, let them wait years and years for the price to drop. Simple.

21. Surferghost

I appreciate that and I hope you don't think I was singling you out for criticism for doing so [when indeed you hadn't]. To begin with I was responding to your point that the loss of my custom wouldn't bother Amazon.ca. but the rest of the post wasn't directed at you personally, so I'm sorry if you got that impression.

NaturalD likes this.
  22. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

Sorry - I'm confused. Is there a 3LP vinyl release somewhere? I thought it was 2.

23. Surferghost

24. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

As my best friend said in 2009 when the remasters came out, "it costs more if you want to be first".

GTOJUDGE and audiomixer like this.
  25. GOS

GOS Well-Known Member

I am out of the country on business, but yeah. Just checked my "cheap" order and it has been cancelled. I also didn't receive an email. Bastages.... :) Guess I'll keep my other 2 orders from Bull Moose and Amazon US and see if Amazon US drops below the Moose. Right now for me, the Moose is still $5 cheaper....

BuckNaked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.