Paul McCartney - NEW (2013) Album Sleeve Variations.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by emjel, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emjel

emjel Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looking at various sites to buy this, I see what looks like various colour sleeves. There is a Blue lighting with blue background, a Red with red/yellow lighting and red background, and a Blue with Red lighting. One site says that the LP is an import on the Virgin EMI label whilst another site says the label is Hear Music. Can anyone clarify or explain these variations. Thanks.

2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I think the blue cover was the standard release. The red cover was the Japanese import with bonus content.

3. emjel

After a bit more digging, it looks like the Red/Yellow is for the standard CD and the Blue/Red is the deluxe CD that has two extra tracks. But I know there is a box set that includes a DVD but have not been able to verify the colour for that.

4. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Standard release = Red.
    Deluxe release = Purple/Blue.
    Collector's Edition = Blue.

Galley likes this.
  5. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

I think the DVD Collector's Set has a blue cover with all three letters in light blue.

Daytripn likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Standard:
    [​IMG]
    Deluxe:
    [​IMG]
    Super-deluxe, released a year later:
    [​IMG]
    Japan-only special version:
    [​IMG]

Paul H, Johnny Reb, Galley and 2 others like this.
  7. emjel

Excellent. Thanks for that. I think the vinyl is the same as the deluxe CD.

8. mrjinks

Vinyl is Orange - note my (signed!)* copy in my avatar.

*rotated 90 degrees.

9. emjel

That's interesting. I've just found a YouTube review that shows Blue/Red on front and red/Yellow on back of sleeve. That is the UK VINYL release.

10. mrjinks

Ahh yes, that's right. I've become so accustomed to seeing my avatar that I forgot the vinyl has both colors!

11. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

There's also another variation that I haven't been able to place yet. Same as the deluxe, but with the colors swapped. Notice that this is the same as the left half of the Japanese only version:
    [​IMG]

Btw, my favorite is the Collector's edition, the all-blue one.

Galley and emjel like this.
  12. emjel

Now that is interesting.

Johnny Reb likes this.
  13. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I think I have 3 version of this album on CD. I bought the standard version on day of release - I was just too impatient to wait for my Deluxe version from Japan which I had already ordered and wouldn't get for several days. Then I bought that Super Deluxe version when it came out.

I forget, does the Super Deluxe include ALL of the songs, or is one missing?

14. Johnny Reb

The Super Deluxe (it's actually called the Collector's Edition) has the deluxe edition of the original album, the Japanese exclusive song "Struggle", two outtakes, and four live tracks. Basically everything plus six more!

Galley, Larry Geller and Digital-G like this.
  15. PhilipB

PhilipB Forum Resident

This is on the deluxe CD packaging too, when you first open up the digipak. It makes for a continuous back cover when you open it out completely, with two NEW signs on either side of the track listing.

The deluxe CD also has a written message from Paul on the gatefold but it's ALL WRITTEN IN CAPITAL LETTERS WITH NO PARAGRAPHS SO IS INCREDIBLY HARD TO READ without typing it out on a computer and laying it out properly (as I have done)

Johnny Reb likes this.
  16. Johnny Reb

You are right! Thanks. Here's a lousy picture I was able to find online that demonstrates what you said...
    [​IMG]

Although the liner notes are so hard to read, I love 'em (as far as liner notes go)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.