Estocks - Any Fans of This Seller?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Malina, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubertrout

ubertrout Forum Resident

I've ordered a few times from the USA-based Decluttr outlet (estocks_usa on eBay, Round3 on Amazon), and I've always been happy with it. As goes for all of these mass resellers, you have to do your homework before ordering - they work entirely off barcodes, so the listing may be wrong or deeply incomplete, but you'll get whatever item the barcode is tied to. I find you get the best results searching their inventory on Amazon but buying off eBay - you'll save on shipping.

2. BG99

BG99 Forum Resident

I've bought a few from Round3, but didn't know they were estocks usa - thanks for the tip. Also, I notice that sometimes the items on my ebay Watch List change slightly in price from day to day.

3. ubertrout

ubertrout Forum Resident

I've also ordered some from Zoverstocks...especially for SACDs I've gotten great deals from them. One other seller I tend to order a lot from is sosamedia, especially off eBay - it's mostly library surplus, but the prices are unbeatable, especially given their discounts for multiple items.

4. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

Music magpie does business in Canada as usedsalesca. Great Amazon sellers, and despite their name they seem to deal mostly in new stuff.

Their algorithm tends to ensure that they have the best prices for new stuff that they have in stock. Prices cycle though so it's sometimes worth watching over a period of a few weeks.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    jamiesjamies likes this.
  5. ubertrout

ubertrout Forum Resident

bibijeebies and The Killer like this.
  6. BG99

BG99 Forum Resident

Good article on them. My US payment (and sometimes refund) info shows Entertainment Magpie Inc.

7. Malina

Malina Forum Resident Thread Starter

Oh how I love you estocks! In the last couple weeks I've made these awesome snags.

I've been hoping to get this Ernie K Doe cd for 3 or 4 years, but I' m not paying 44 bucks. The very first one to pop up on Ebay in all this time - estocks! 10 bucks and free shipping.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Real Mother in Law for Ya

Trying to complete my New Wave Hits of the 80's collection from Rhino and I needed New Wave Dance Hits. 47 bucks on Amazon and higher on Ebay. Estocks to the rescue - 10 bucks and free shipping! :laugh:

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: New Wave Dance Hits Of The '80s: Just Can't Get Enough

8. BG99

BG99 Forum Resident

As someone else posted above - Announcing great deals from an ebay seller on an internet forum is a great way to ensure you may never get others.

Which is why I never do. I also see the same type of foolishness on Facebook. Great way to invite potential burglars to your area.

9. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Their shipping to Canada is very reasonable as well:cheers:

The Killer and Malina like this.
  10. Malina

In this situation you are WRONG! :agree: Estocks has 428,486 cd's for sale on Ebay. That is obviously way too many to peruse even if you don't have a job.

I do not disclose the sellers I track with reasonably sized inventories and low prices. These are almost always people selling off their personal collections. 95 percent or more of what I buy are new factory sealed out of print cd's. I only resort to buying used oop cd's when the new price is crazy high and if a new one pops up cheap after I buy a used one then I will buy the new one too because I'm stupid like that. When I see something interesting the first thing I do is check the seller's other listings and I've stumbled across many a gold mine that way. (pro tip!) I've been on Ebay buying and selling a little for 20 years. I know what I'm doing, but thanks for educating me on my "foolishness". :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Maggie likes this.
  11. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Two rare (~$30-40) Church Arista CDs earlier this year (missed out on Seance though - damn!). Fast shipping, as described condition, and the right versions. By all accounts they always have the barcode right if nothing else. If they've got something rare, check the UPC and if it matches you've probably snagged a bargain.

Malina likes this.
  12. BG99

BG99 Forum Resident

Some if not all of them have been reissued with extra songs, so I wouldn't pay those prices. I do have them on LP. The only exception I would consider is if there are tracks that didn't carry over to a later reissue version.and haven't appeared anywhere else.

13. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

I've had one duff CD in all my dealings with music magpie and the like, that was just the packaging, the discs were fine and for the money...

Picked up some great stuff for next to nothing.

melstapler likes this.
  14. MemphisManOne

MemphisManOne Forum Resident

NO...I will not buy from anyone on ebay who will not answer a question.

melstapler and Malina like this.
  15. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

None of the pre-Starfish albums are in print any more. Even if you get the dreadful-sounding remaster, you can still turn around and make a significant profit. And, if nothing else, the later editions have videos and liner notes by Marty respectively, despite the bad sound quality.

Apart from Gold Afternoon Fix, that staple of the used bins, just about anything by the Church is probably worth something.

And for your last sentence, "Unguarded Moment" B-side "Busdriver" is only digitally available on the second reissue of the debut... probably horrific sound, would be better to just get the 45, but still.

16. MemphisManOne

MemphisManOne Forum Resident

AND a lot of the time good old "ESTOCKS" US or UK doesn't even put up a PIC of the item they are selling!

melstapler likes this.
  17. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Sometimes you have to take a chance with stuff from these sellers, for the money I think it's worth considering the success rate I've had. These guys turn over hundreds or thousands of items a day, they're not set up to answer queries and the like, if you want it buy it, if you're not willing to chance it or you need more detail and questions answered you're in the wrong place.

melstapler likes this.
  18. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

..................and watch out of the picture doesn't match the album offered. I once received a Julia Fordham album (pictured) instead of the UB40 album I ordered. Asing for a replacement just brougth another Julia Fordham disc..........

19. BG99

BG99 Forum Resident

I'm not surprised - a few times I've ordered a CD and they shipped me a DVD - apparently the UPC's were the same, though I think the DVD's were stickered over by mistaske. Which Julia Fordham CD did you get?? I might be interested if I don't already have it. I can't see the picture.

20. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I've recently purchased from this seller a handful of times with zero issues.

21. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Has half a million CDs for sale and gets mad that they won't answer a nerdy collector question. Haha!

ubertrout, Phil Tate and Malina like this.
  22. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

Funny this thread should pop up! I ordered four things from them over the last few months with no problem, and I just had my first problem tonight. My fifth order (Pink Floyd's Is There Anybody Out There?) has a totally trashed CD2. I've contacted them asking for a replacement. We'll see what happens, I'm a bit worried since I've seen other people have issues around this part in a transaction...

23. Malina

A of of the time? I don't think I've ever seen them put up a picture. :laugh: That is not what Estocks is about. Estocks is about a rare expensive cd listed for 10 bucks with free shipping because Estocks doesn't care!

24. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Debut, and I sent them all back!!!!

BG99 likes this.
  25. redeyedandblue

redeyedandblue Forum Resident

I've bought loads through musicMagpie's UK operation (estocks/zoverstocks, as was) over the past couple of years - mainly due to their policy of never charging more than £6.99 (through Amazon marketplace, at least), even for box sets or rare CDs.

For that price I've had the Ray Charles Birth Of Soul set (box a bit scuffed, but discs all perfect), Loretta Lynn's Honky Tonk Girl box (stone mint), long-deleted discs by cult acts like The Flaming Stars and Denim that usually go for at least three times as much, and around half a dozen Numero titles (some even still in their shrinkwrap). Plus a load of stuff for substantially less.

Their policy of not posting detailed descriptions/pictures or answering nerdy collector questions has never bothered me. The discs have nearly always been minty and packaging has never been anything less than the VG they advertise it as (and often a lot better).

Just bear in mind it's all barcode based (one of the ways they keep costs so low), so not a good bet where multiple versions of a title use the same UPC.

Apart from that, their customer service isn't bad - the one time I had a problem with an item I'd ordered, they refunded me instantly and told me to keep or dispose of the disc as I wished.

Sadly, they do seem to have bumped up their prices in the last month or so - I've now seen them offering used discs on Amazon for £10+, which isn't quite as conducive to the kind of impulse purchasing I've been doing with them up to now.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.