Vinyl Me Please May 2017 RotM: Fiona Apple - "Tidal"

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by djemar, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djemar

djemar Forum Resident Thread Starter

Vinyl Me Please is releasing the first-ever (authorized) LP pressing of Fiona Apple's "Tidal". 2LP on 180g black vinyl.

[​IMG]

(If anyone's interested, this link should get you $10 off a subscription: http://fbuy.me/fqc7O)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Your link doesn't work.

3. djemar

djemar Forum Resident Thread Starter

Seems like the VMP site may have crashed after the announcement

seaisletim likes this.
  4. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Looking forward to this one!

djemar likes this.
  5. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Signed up just for this release. VMP says it's sourced from the original tapes and transferred to hi-res. 45 rpm too!

e.s. and djemar like this.
  6. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

7. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Thanks for the thread!

VMP is doing a great job with titles and pressing quality. More in this forum should pay attention.

e.s. likes this.
  8. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

Too precious for me. Fiona is alright I guess.

9. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I'm not sure their pressing quality is better than, say, AP... or the new Intervention Records... but getting Demon Dayz and Tidal back-to-back is a nice coup.
    I also grabbed the Nina Simone "Sings The Blues" record, which is still available in their store... Very nice pressing. Not sure it beats the Speakers Corner but it's great on its own.

Oh yeah, and you can use my code for $10 off if the site ever starts working again: http://fbuy.me/fgnA9

seaisletim likes this.
  10. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

This is a great title, a well chosen reissue. Some of Jon Brion's best work is on her albums.

mrjinks, Michael Ries and e.s. like this.
  11. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Fiona Apple's first two albums have long been on my wishlist as far as albums that never made it to vinyl go, so I'm very stoked about this. Hopefully they'll do the next one at some point, too.

jon9091 likes this.
  12. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

I clicked "Reactivate Account" so fast I think I almost cracked my phone screen.

I was just listening to When the Pawn... the other day and wishing, yet again, that Tidal and it would get repressed.

Michael Ries and e.s. like this.
  13. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

So...the only way to get this is to sign up with Vinyl Me Please?

14. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

My wife bought me a membership for Christmas last year and I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The recent change in their Swap feature makes it even better.

15. senseabove

Usuuuuuually VMP releases are harbingers of forthcoming label releases. Not always, though. The excellent Nina Simone release, for example, is still VMP-exclusive, and there's as of yet no indication that the Gorillaz release will be getting a general-release repress, afaik.

I'm not taking a risk on this one being a true VMP exclusive, since it's one I've been wanting for ages.

seaisletim likes this.
  16. jon9091

Yeah...found this in their site regarding this release. Just trying to figure out how to get only this LP. One month only or something.

Andrew: And before we go, since people will ask and insinuate, there are no current plans to do this reissue on the label’s side, right?

Cam: Correct. This reissue is coming out exclusively through Vinyl Me, Please.

17. seaisletim

The pressing quality is exceptional on the 8 titles of theirs that I own. They're all flat, centered and clean. They're not caught up in everything being 180g-200g either, which is fine by me.

Without offering comparisons with companies like AP and Speakers Corner, I will say that my experience, so far, with Vinyl Me, Please is on par with most of the better companies I've found through this forum.

Best of all for me is that these records have consistently very good sound quality.

So far, so good.

e.s. likes this.
  18. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

You can subscribe for one month. That's what I did.

19. jon9091

Sounds like a good plan. Now I just need to time it so I get the Fiona Apple album...and not something else.

Looks like there server is down. I hope they pressed a lot!

20. senseabove

Whenever you sign up, you're signing up for the next release, so if you sign up now, you're signing up for Fiona.

e.s. and jon9091 like this.
  21. seaisletim

They're very good about that. Just state that in your payment

jon9091 likes this.
  22. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

If you sign up now, that's the record you will receive.

jon9091 likes this.
  23. jon9091

When The Pawn... is one of my all-time favorite albums. Somebody needs to let it live on vinyl.

mrjinks and e.s. like this.
  24. 200 Balloons

200 Balloons Forum Resident

Signed up for this. I hope this means When the Pawn . . . is on the horizon. A re-press of The Idler Wheel . . . would be welcome, too. In Fantasyland, I'd love the Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machine.

John Brookbank, Michael Ries and e.s. like this.
  25. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.