Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

This thread needs an enema.

2. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

No offense, but this comes across as a highly misguided post. Amazon, a professional, highly knowledgeable and experienced seller put something on sale and I ordered it with my "eyes wide open". I did not trick Amazon into anything, nor did I "stick it to them". And why would Amazon send out a "you're busted" email? On what grounds? Clearly they made a mistake and now they've retracted it. End of story.

3. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

That's what I'm sayin'! :sigh:

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I'm going Bull Moose. Its packaging is always top notch. If I'm dropping $120 for the box, I don't want to chance Amazon wrapping it in thick paper and hoping for the best.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Beatles Fan 4 Life likes this.
  5. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

This thread reminds me of this experience I once had in a Chinese restaurant.

We had finished our dinner, and they brought out dessert for our table of about 8 people. One friend in our party didn't get as much ice cream as others did. He began joking about it, and a waitress who heard him moved quickly over to the table. Instead of taking his dish of ice cream back to the kitchen to add more, she gathered up the rest of our bowls of ice cream and took them back to the kitchen. When she brought them back, sure enough, she had evened out the distribution; we all had as little of ice cream in our bowls as our friend.

Not sure what the moral is, but it does seem like there are some active efforts here to get all of the Amazon Canada orders cancelled.

6. Bill

Bill Senior Member

These gold rushes to take advantage of online retailers' obvious pricing errors crack me up. Is there one person who ordered the New Originals box and didn't know that the listing was a mistake, given the legitimate box's list price and that charged for it by other outlets?
    Come on. Please hold your outrage.

Michelle66, eelkiller, Rich C and 3 others like this.
  7. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

I am one of the "gold rushers." I'm not outraged, just disappointed because: 1) after 1 week I received a shipping confirmation order and 2) after 2 weeks plus, my order was canceled without any notification. The courtesy of an email would have made it a little more palatable.

8. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

A few years ago there was a similar situation with Amazon.de and The Who's Tommy Super Deluxe Edition box set, except Amazon.de honored early orders placed when the price was listed incorrectly. That's what I was hoping would happen in the case of Amazon.ca and Sgt Pepper, but of course it didn't quite turn out that way.

9. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

My Amazon.ca order was also quietly removed from my pre-order list. Not unexpected. Quite honestly the more I've thought about it the more I've realized that the real gem here is not the deluxe cd box but the 2 lp set. While I might rarely have listened to multiple takes of individual songs, I can well imagine listening repeatedly to an entire 'alternate' album. This is going to be a real treat. A parallel universe Beatles album. The first of its kind. And on vinyl. The only thing missing will be the remixes of SFF and PL the inclusion of which on the 'new' album (as I noted much earlier in this thread) were originally touted as the 'big deal'. Now I'll just have to hope I can get my hands on the RSD single.

10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Snitches in the Soo get stitches. Ok maybe not stitches since I'm not a violent person but you could be in for a harshly worded email!!! :bdance:

eelkiller likes this.
  11. shantysnowman

shantysnowman Well-Known Member

Have now received a standard email from amazon.ca after earlier seeing that my order had been cancelled.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #.... We recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

THE NEW ORIGINALS - LHCB�

In this case, we’re unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price(s). Therefore, we’ve cancelled your order for the item(s), and you haven’t been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Amazon.ca

12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

We need to start a "The New Originals" pricing thread.

The Beave, Mal, Bonddm and 4 others like this.
  13. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

I just received the same email. Oh well.

14. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Bah so lame. Got a cancellation order from Amazon.ca as well.

15. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

I emailed Amazon.ca about the New Originals optimistically, they emailed me back with the standard apologies, but also stated this:

"Also I'll escalate this to our appropriate department regarding the negative experience you had with this order so that they'll check with our suppliers to make sure that this item will be listed with the same price as we have listed previously."

Johnny Reb likes this.
  16. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Great, so you're getting the The New Originals Boxset. Kewl!

The Beave likes this.
  17. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Thanks. I'm gonna print a few of those out myself.

18. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I will ask too. I'm pretty upset they cancelled it.

19. cakeordeath

cakeordeath Forum Resident

Got my cancelation email from amazon.ca. Bummer... But, hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. It was worth a shot. I'm disappointed but not outraged. I will still be getting this great box set from somewhere else :)

Drifter, lightbulb and Miller92473 like this.
  20. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Yes, I got my cancellation notice now too. But I knew that might happen.
    But sometimes it does turn out differently!
    I just recalled an experience that I had where there was an error and I received a very expensive package at a very reasonable price. And it was dealing with the Beatles own website store.

About 2 years ago, the website was having a 60% off sale on their clothing (t-shirts, etc.). But they mistakenly marked everything in the store at 60% off. I was trying to order online, but I couldn't get my order to go through. So I called and ordered on the phone. The clerk was very polite and helpful, but kept telling me that she was just seeing the regular price on her screen and that only the clothing was 60% off. But on my screen, it was all 60% off. But then when she selected an item and dumped it into the shopping cart, it magically appeared at 60% off. And then, because I had been having trouble with the online ordering, she provided me with free shipping. So, I got the American Albums box set, which normally goes on the Beatles website store for $165 plus shipping. And I only paid $66 with free shipping.

A few hours later, the store removed the 60% off of everything except the clothing. But my box set is sitting next to me here on the shelf. So take heart. Sometimes things do work in your favor.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Drifter, longaway, Johnny Reb and 2 others like this.
  21. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I have no issue with you ! trust me there are some very greedy people who would have ordered more than 1 copy . they won't bother posting anything here with screengrabs. at that price you could easily sell them for $90 dollars and still make a nice profit . I think that is one of real reasons it was cancelled too many people ordered more than 1 copy . take note next time Bargain happens just order 1 copy also to the person who found it next time don't bother posting it here in forums it is a sure fire thing to get it cancelled.

eelkiller likes this.
  22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

People ordering multiple copies at the low price could have made billions baby,billions!

The Beave likes this.
  23. teag

teag Forum Resident

I wish the price would go down.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

25. It has gone down over $30 from the beginning. I know the Beatles and family are rich but they like all Musician and companies deserve to make a profit.

dbacon and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.