The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep, when they got away form the villain of the week theme it just began a terrible downward spiral of kidnappings and lies and threats etc etc etc.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They should've named the baby "McGuffin," since it's become the plot-related object they desperately have to find every week to push the story along.

Veltri likes this.
  3. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

And how many of you kiddies understand that reference? ;) Well done.

4. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I keep on watching just because I'm used to, but I don't expect anything exciting from The Blacklist, the series has been in limbo for over a year.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

If Spader left I would, otherwise not

Linger63 and rjp like this.
  6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Vidiot likes this.
  8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Put in fork in it's done. I'm tired of the lousy stories on their..

9. misterdecibel

"Marlin Trout - one boy, two fish names"

Funny stuff

kevywevy and Brenald79 like this.
  10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

last nights show wasn't too bad at all.

very little, and inconsequential, tom and baby.

pretty decent back to the old days kind of stuff.

marlon trout was just fabulous.

Brenald79 likes this.
  11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Good episode. Liz is back in the FBI.

12. shokhead

13. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

She doesn't so beautiful to me, nice body but her eyes are ugly (we call that kind of eyes in Spanish ''cod's eyes''. Is she really jewish by the way?

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Funny how people can bounce around a lot, go from major U.S. terrorist to hero in just a few weeks, without any problem. Just like real life. :sigh:

15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It was unrealistic from the show's first episode. Still the best show on basic cable.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Better than Walking Dead? Better than Mr. Robot? Better than The Americans? Better than Better Call Saul? I think even Designated Survivor, which is an equal match (traditional American network commercial series) is better than this thing. I would agree that the pay TV shows (particularly HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and so on) are in a class by themselves.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. shokhead

:laugh:

18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Guess I meant traditional American network series. Best traditional network show I've seen in a long time. I enjoy it each week. I'll check out Deaignated Survivor though. Basic cable in Canada doesn't include AMC, FX, etc so I'm comparing it to the shows you mentioned.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

One huge problem with network series these days is they have to compete with high-budget shows from Netflix and Amazon and Showtime and HBO that have no commercials, very little censorship, and they're willing to tackle very controversial subject matters.

It's even tougher with Amazon and Netflix when the entire season goes up at the same time and you can binge-watch them as impulse viewing. I've also been shocked at all of these channels' willingness to vary the run time of the show: sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes 55 minutes, sometimes 70 minutes, however much time they need to tell the story. With the traditional networks, you're stuck at 43:30 every week, and not a minute more. These are tough times for networks, and total viewership is dwindling for both local stations and networks all around the world.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And just to bring this thread up to date: The Blacklist finally returned after a 3-month absence, and it was the best damned 2-hours they've done in the history of the series. Just as I was ready to throw in the towel and give up, they managed to come up with a moving, emotional, totally-surprising series of events that turned everything on its ear. The truth behind "Mr. Kaplan" was a huge reveal for the series, and we now understand a big part of what's been going on for decades within the story. Really fine acting and brilliant casting on the part of both the older actress and the younger actress portraying the same character in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's not on here until Sunday night so I'll be looking forward to it.

22. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Well thank you for getting me sort of interested again, and not giving away too much in the process. I've given up on so many shows this season. I'll check this out one mo' 'gain...

23. misterdecibel

I saw that it was on last night but gave it a miss. Guess I'll have to catch up on Hulu.

24. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Don't think it's available on Hulu. The sequel is. I always watched it via the NBC app...

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I was very surprised that these two episodes were this good. I would actually go so far as to say they're the best episodes of the entire series -- for once, many questions are answered, a huge amount of backstory is revealed (including why "Mr. Kaplan" has that name), and even good explanations on why a direct head shot didn't kill her. Terrific from start to finish. There's actually some poignant moments that were a big departure for the show.

I said over a year ago, "If Mr. Kaplan ever turns against Red, she'll be the worst threat ever." Important safety rule: if you're in the crime business, never piss-off your clean-up person.