Vinyl Me Please May 2017 RotM: Fiona Apple - "Tidal"

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by djemar, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

This link doesn't seem to work either.

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I only have the Idler's vinyl, and would be thrilled to pick up the other 3. I'd even buy both mixes of Extraordinary Machine.

He'll I'd pay good money for a kickstater to release a blu-ray of her music videos, especially if they had some commentary tracks or 5.1 Jon Brion.

3. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

Yeah the site went down. Keep checking it with that link and my referral link for the next 24 hours. It will be back up and running again

4. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

I have had a crate membership for a year to VMP which unfortunately they don't offer anymore but it's $6 a month and it gives you access to the limited releases they put in the store every month. Until these last two months the exclusive stuff in the store was the best stuff, not the record of the month. Now though going Demon Days with Tidal back to back, it seems VMP has finally started offering the goods. I missed Demon Days but you better believe I signed up for Fiona. Now someone please press When the Pawn..., that's her masterpiece.

e.s. likes this.
  5. When I saw this was going to be this month's selection, I was thinking this may be the first title I swap. But there seems to be more Fiona fanboys out there than I suspected, so maybe I'll just sell it at an exorbitant price in a few months...

No Static likes this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I really want this....and "When The Pawn" is #1 on my most wanted vinyl titles... but I don't want to have to jump through hoops and join some damn club to get it.

Davidmk5 and John Brookbank like this.
  7. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

So presumably you don't jump through hoops of signing up to an online store, or enter your damn payment information whenever you buy something online elsewhere?

If so, let me know your preferred online retailer that you've already signed up to, and I'll get a copy of this and flog it to you through there for a 10x markup.

8. jon9091

Ok I managed to sign up. Now...I can somehow still get the discount?

9. firefoxussr

firefoxussr Dynamic Range Enthusiastâ„¢

Honestly I'd be perfectly happy with a single LP of when the pawn. I have the others and Tidal just isn't special to me. That said, I'd love a FLAC or vinyl release of the non-final versions of the Extraordinary Machine songs, some were superior to the final versions IMHO.

That said the other day I was listening to JoJo Abot and thinking... I just don't need Fiona anymore.

10. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I would email VMP and give them a couple days to get back to you.
    Oh yeah, and you can use my code for $10 off : http://fbuy.me/fgnA9

11. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

It's not jumping thru hoops tho.
    If you just want Tidal, grab the 1-month sub for $29. Shipping is free. Cancel immediately if you're 100% sure you won't want next months release. (Although I signed up for Gorillaz and I'm glad I didn't cancel!)

And presto. You have a very rare title on wax for $29, pressed on 2LP at 45 RPM.

12. Daniel Plainview

OK, since you put it that way.

13. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Yeah, it's a pretty good club actually, and invariably every time I join I wind up buying some other titles, so they know what they're doing.
    But I don't like the idea of being "forced" to get a record I don't want, so I always sign up for a month and then cancel. That said, the 3-month option allows you to "swap" if you don't like the next Record of the Month.

e.s. likes this.
  14. jon9091

Well, if you can get any of these $10 coupons to work....it's a very rare record for $19, right? I'm just looking for a one month dine and dash. So far, all these links just lead to their home page. I think the response to this has been overwhelming for them.

15. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  16. jon9091

Tt doesn't work for me. On most of these, I see it flash quickly in the URL window something about "refer"...and then it quickly switches to the home page

here's the full link (minus the DOT in dot com so you can read it). It just goes to the home page.

http://www.vinylmepleasecom/?utm_ca...rral&utm_source=Friendbuy&fbuy_ref_code=fgnA9

I thought perhaps it was because I have AdBlock on...but that's not it.

Thank you all for trying though.

17. Michael Ries

I believe that is how it should work by redirecting you to the home page. "Join the club" from the main page and as long as you are joining from the referral link then it should process.

18. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

I hope that they reissue 'When the Pawn...' as well. While I enjoyed her debut, and some of it is quite good, in my opinion, her second album is much better.

jon9091 likes this.
  19. jon9091

Ok...makes sense now! But...I had already got a page to semi load yesterday and it somehow accepted my membership....even though it gave me a bunch of error 500 screens.
    Anyway, I did write them, explaining the situation, and one of you lucky dudes will be getting a $10 referral...if they buy it.

20. Michael Ries

Haha! Sounds good. They definitely weren't ready for the server load yesterday, but looks like it's mostly resolved.

21. jdorsey

jdorsey Forum Resident

Never thought I would sign up for one of these services... I just signed up. Too good to miss. Good thing they have the one month option. Tidal is a great album, but if someone gives "when the pawn" similar attention I will throw my wallet at them and say "take whatever you want".

e.s., jon9091 and Michael Ries like this.
  22. Daniel Plainview

So I paid $29. What now?

23. I have this on Cd. I don't have a membership..hmmm I'm tempted.

24. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

They'll charge your card at the beginning of the month. (Not now, if memory serves.... So make sure you didn't get a new CC in the interim, like I did!)
    They should ship it to you by middle of May.
    You have until beginning of June to cancel your membership (I think). It'll tell you when it renews. Usually you can see what the next ROTM is beforehand.

And yes, as others have mentioned, if you're gonna sign up now hit my link or someone else's: Vinyl Me, Please. The best damn record club.
    You will still do the normal signing process, but after you do, we'll both get $10 credit in our respective accounts.

And if you signed up yesterday, I guess it couldn't hurt to contact them now with someone's link to say the referral system was down. Worst case is you won't get the $10 credit you're already not getting.

mitchcortes and Daniel Plainview like this.
  25. jon9091

So, if you bail after this record....can you just sign up again if you see something else good down the line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.