Prince Specials on Reelz Network Tonight

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident Thread Starter

I do not see any Music Tributes for the 1 Year Anniversary of the Death of Prince tomorrow(April 21st) scheduled on any of the Music Channels on TV. Only see that one channel(VH1?) showing 'Purple Rain', which I already own on Blu-Ray, and BET replaying the 2016 Awards Show that had tributes to Prince. I was looking forward to a few potential Specials on Prince tomorrow, so very disappointed. I think that not much was also done for Bowie on the 1 Year Anniversary of his Death for TV Specials on Music Channels. I was hoping Mtv-2 would at least have a few feature shows made for these Music Giants.

Although tonight on Reelz Network, there are 3 Prince Specials-No idea how good the first 2 might be, but saw the 2 Hour 3rd show listed below the other night that provided details up to his death by recreating scenes from outside and inside of Paisley Park(or showing actual scenes of him riding his bike, although not sure if it was authentic video).

7:00-Prince-The Secret Life
    8:00-Prince-Purple Reign
    9:00-Prince-When Dove Cry(2 Hours)

2. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

TheSeldomSeenKid and BadJack like this.
  3. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Reelz is trash, clickbait cobbled into hour-long shows. Their Bowie "tribute" was a thrown-together batch of stock footage and a narrator misprounouncing things in bizarre ways (Bowie never made an album called "Heatherin", guys).

Watching "Purple Rain" or just listening to the music is a much safer bet.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  4. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

The Current will give you deep cuts too, I see they have even played unreleased tracks.

TheSeldomSeenKid and BadJack like this.
  5. TheSeldomSeenKid

Your correct. Those shows were terrible tabloid style shows. I was not familiar with Reelz, but was the only olace I saw any shows on Prince. Was expecting Mtv-2 to maybe show Prince Concerts since they keep replaying Glasto(and other festivals) Concerts on a weekly basis.

BadJack likes this.
  6. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Don't waste your time. In fact, I think one of their Prince shows was scheduled to run a few days after I caught a bit of the Bowie one, and it was so shockingly bad that I didn't bother with the Prince one.

I'm not home at the moment but I know that MTV Classic was running Prince videos when I left. I'm not sure how long they're airing.

7. TheSeldomSeenKid

Yes, I caught part of the Prince Videos, but pretty sure it was the same as the 4 hours of Prince Videos they showed last year within days after his death. They did the same 4 Hours of Video for Bowie after his death.

Not sure if you can answer this question and I might need to start a thread topic on it to see if any SHF Members can provide assistance, but is there any possible way to move Recorded TV Shows from a DVR to a USB to move to a computer to make a DVD of those shows, as I still have all of the Bowie & Prince Post Death Specials(Videos, News Coverage the day of their deaths, etc.) and would love to get this material saved for long term on DVDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.