PJ Harvey 2016 tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Just Brooklyn

2. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok-won't make it there-have a great time

3. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

She will tour the states in spring 2017. By chance I have seen her new album, the superb SIX DEMOLITION PROJECT being played LIVE in LYON in the summer of this year on ARTE TV. 75 minutes of intense musician ship and Polly Lean in finest form. I was immediately interested and got the albumin played it twice this morning. I am pretty sure you can find the Live show on some web-site.. Here is THE WHEEL - Live from the show that was aired on Tuesday morning 5.00 am to 6.15 am on arte.tv - my favorite tune from the new album

4. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Rumor - PJ Harvey expands tour, playing Central Park SummerStage

5. cement_head

cement_head Forum Resident

6. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I'll be at Forcastle too. Just Sunday for her and Spoon. I'm gonna have to try and stay out of the Bourbon Lodge the rest of the afternoon so I can remember the show! ;) Also seeing her in Detroit a week from tomorrow. First times I've ever had the chance to see her in all these years so I'm very happy to be able to get in 2.

cement_head and Chrome_Head like this.
  7. cement_head

Never been to Forecastle, and haven't been to a music festival in about ten years, so should be fantastic people watching. Weezer will be there as well, and they also put on a good show, so should be a great day (I'm also going just Sunday).

BeardedSteven likes this.
  8. LandHorses

Just got home from Brooklyn's brand new version of Terminal 5.......The Brooklyn Steel.

Polly Jean was great again.

9. LandHorses

She was on The Late Show Wednesday night

10. cement_head

That was off the hook - her band is on fire!

11. BeardedSteven

I'm back from seeing her in Detroit Monday night. Very impressive. I didn't really think she would be awful or anything but that was a pretty cool show. She played every song from Hope 6 and that was fine by me because I have grown to love it. A few from Let England Shake and handful from the back catalog with a couple of "hits". I think it was a pretty good setlist, but it is a tour for the new album and not a greatest hits show. The band was fantastic. There were 9 or 10 guys on stage (I guess that justifies the $55 ticket prices...) and you could really differentiate the different instruments. And hear her clearly as well. They worked on the sound. The drummers were like marching band style. There wasn't a drum kit. But it all worked. It was a very cool concert to see and hear. I am glad they did all of Hope 6! She wasn't chatty at all, other than introducing the band. But you could tell she was having fun. Quite a few big smiles during the applause. She was appreciative. I liked that.

There was a tour only 7" for sale btw, limited to 1000 only. 2 songs recorded during the Hope 6 sessions but unavailable elsewhere. It will only set you back $25 cool ones if you want it. I couldn't resist picking one up tho.

JL6161 and Chrome_Head like this.
  12. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

What are the two songs? Is one of them "Guilty"?

13. BeardedSteven

A Dog Called Money and I'll Be Waiting.

cement_head and Chrome_Head like this.
  14. Chrome_Head

Sweet--never heard of nor heard either song. She always has copious B-side material.

Have you listened to them, and are they in the vein of the rest of H6DP?

15. BeardedSteven

I haven't yet. Have quite a stack from RSD to get through too! I'll report back later tho.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  16. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I'm curious.....how many folks did she draw to the Fox?

17. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

I waved in your general direction, BS. I mean, since I've never laid eyes on you before, that means I waved at the entire crowd, but you get the idea. And I concur with the review -- it was a swell time; she was in fantastic voice and had the mystique firing on all cylinders. Getting Mick Harvey and John Parish as part of the package made it extra thrilling.

See you at the Masonic in June! :wave:

BeardedSteven and Chrome_Head like this.
  18. BeardedSteven

I don't know if it was technically sold out but it had to be close. It was packed all the way to the back.

19. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Actually the gig was at the Royal Oak Music Theater, no? I was misinformed. Not as big as the Fox Theatre.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  20. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Catching her Wolftrap show this summer. Will be interesting to see if there will be any stage banter from her about the new record, given some of the uproar here in DC.

manicpopthrill likes this.
  21. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

I'm really floored she's not playing DC especially considering the theme of the album.

22. Chrome_Head

I feel like she's not one to hector people about politics so much with words. She lets the music speak for itself.

BeardedSteven likes this.
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Do you mean you're surprised she's not literally playing in DC? Because Wolf Trap is considered "playing DC" in the global sense, same as playing Nissan or Merriweather, even though they're miles from DC proper...

24. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

im not really floored, but would have been a perfect show for warner theater.....

25. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

The new songs are up on iTunes

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.