Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

Well I queried my delivery of the LP to England, and received a reply that it had been shipped. I asked them to confirm the shipping address, and it had been sent to my old address :shake:.
    I had previously emailed requesting it be sent to a new address (I've moved house in the 15months+ since the order was placed...), and had received confirmation that my shipping address had been changed from Earl Bradley - "Sierra Records Support Team". But it seems that it didn't work and they shipped to my old address, which I can't access. I emailed on 3rd May to explain that they had made a mistake with the shipping address, and included the emails noting my change of address and their confirmation - having also previously emailed the new address each time I requested an update on shipping, just to be sure. I have not had a reply. I chased again on 9th May and still no reply. I'm worried and disappointed with the service, I have been very patient and polite in my communications and have received replies until now. Don't really know what to do next.:confused:

2. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

I got my SACD many months ago (late last year) and I have really enjoyed it. It's beautifully done. But boy, this thread is just about the saddest shipping thread in Forum history. My sympathies for those of you still waiting after all this time.

I plan to check back in on this thread next year, when we're talking about the contents of the SACD/LP, not the challenges of getting it in the first place.

melstapler likes this.
  3. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

I paid for a product 15 months ago. I have not received it. I do not have any faith in receiving it soon. Therefore I'd like a refund.
    It's pretty simple.

4. Rob Jenkins

Rob Jenkins Forum Resident

'Production Associate' signing in. I've received the CD. No sign of any vinyl here in Cardiff. I've pretty much written it off...

I paid $79.98 USD on March 12th 2016!

5. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Email of April 12th stated DVDs would be available in 2 weeks so that makes it end of that month. I would then expect him to take 1 to 2 months to ship everything out based on the SACD. That would mean some will probably not receive until end of June. This assumes that addresses are correct and there are no customs issues etc. He also has had personal issues apparently. Probably should have got some help in, but maybe he would lose any profits if he did that.

I still expect to receive my full package.

6. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Would you mind pasting the text of that email here? I didn't receive it (but have received others in the past) and it wasn't in my spam folder.

7. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

See below (received on April 12th):

To all customers who have ordered Sierra Records' "Gene Clark-The Lost Studio Sessions 1964-1982"

I hope this will be the last update in advance of shipping your order of the Ultimate Limited Edition set of the Gene Clark album! After numerouse reedits since December, the final DVD interview "At Home with Gene Clark" by Domenic Priore, is finall at the replication plant. I am anticipating delivery in two weeks and then shipping your order out.

I been plagued by having to ship, reship, even reship a second time, the other orders for the hybrid SACD only and or the 2LP vinyl set only that have been either lost or returned.

I deeply apologize for these growing problems but we are almost there.

IMPORTANT: Lastly, DO NOT SEND EMAILS TO THE following addresses for now:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

There have been issues receiving emails at those addresses, having not been able in most cases to receive emails at those addresses since February. Temporarily, please direct all emails if you need to reach me, at the address:

[email protected]

Please understand I am a one person company and if you need to send me an email for any reason, please understand that it can take a bit of time to reply.

I have made every effort to get this album out despite both production and personal issues for the past year. Again, the bottomline is to get this album to you so that you can enjoy this wonderful collection of 'lost' Gene Clark recordings like I have done with artists like Gram Parsons, Clarence White, etc. over the past 45 plus years of the labels existence.

Sincerely,

John Delgatto, Founder/President

kyodo_dom likes this.
  8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

May 16 and still no LP here:cheers:

9. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Me neither. I predicted this on page 1 of this thread over 2 years ago.

10. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

Had a good email back from John, he's re-sending to the correct address - fingers crossed.

indigo_m likes this.
  11. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Received this today...

After much delays, problems and the list goes on, the balance of your order for "Gene Clark-The Lost Studio Sessions 1964-1982" Ultimate Limited Edition will begin shipping the week of May 28th. I just received confirmation from the DVD plant that much re-edited and re-authored "At Home With Gene Clark-The Interview" will ready that week.
    Most of you will receive the complete "Phase 2" of your order which includes the 2 LP, now 200 gram numbered set, the DVD interview disc and the certificate of authenticity. Those of you who have already received the "numbered 2LP set" will receive, the DVD interview disc and the certificate.
    I regret the delays and the problems at this end. It is not a secret, as some of you already know, that in the middle of production, I was hit with a disturbing medical diagnoses. Unfortunately, being a one person company, it did delay everything by almost a year. But the bottom line was to persevere and complete the project and get the album to you.
    Over the past 40 years, I have offered from time to time, advance pre-release Sierra Record albums, which eventually all were released. However, I will no longer be offering such advance, pre-release albums. The Gene Clark album project was the last such release. Moving forward, new releases will be announced, only when they are in house ready to ship-----lessons learned!
    All orders will be out by the first of June, at which time, my one person company will be changing gears with some new projects and offerings. You be receiving this news by email in the coming weeks. I hope you will open you email with this exciting news to follow. There are more unreleased Gene Clark, Gram Parsons, Clarence White recordings ready to be released in the coming months, year. I hope I can be here to see that happen.
    Once your order has been shipped and in the mail, a confirming email will be sent to you.
    Again, thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    John Delgatto, Founder/President

elvissinatra, Dennis Metz and zobalob like this.
  12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Same email received
    Get well John.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

It is a beautiful LP set with the best sound I could have imagined. Sorry to learn of the medical problems which I am very sympathetic to. Just one of those unfortunate timing things.
    :shrug:

davenav likes this.
  14. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

I've missed something: is there a DVD that has been added during all of this? I received my CD way back when, but am I now expecting a DVD?

15. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

And you were wrong.

16. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I too got the email. I'm planning a vinyl party around this album, and the DVD is a bonus!!

Sorry to hear of John's bad diagnosis. I wish him the best.

indigo_m likes this.
  17. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Yeah right. That's why everyone is still wondering where their product is 2 full years after I said nothing will happen on the schedule Delgato said it would. I have a folder on my computer with 21 e-mails promoting and then explaining all the delays for this release.

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Please provide the winning numbers for Fridays lotto max draw, thanks.

davenav likes this.
  19. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

And I have one less poster in my feed.

indigo_m and milankey like this.
  20. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

My LP arrived. Very happy!

indigo_m likes this.
  21. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Yay! I wish there were as much talk about the album as there are about the shipping problems... :sigh:

22. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I'm still processing it all, so much to place in context with what we had before, and in a way makes me want to hear the other unreleased stuff even more! This is a rare artist where some outtakes, unreleased songs and demos are greater than many released tracks (in my opinion). Gene Clark is up there with very few others worldwide who keep growing in stature to me, really just in awe. He would deserve the 19CD box set treatment like Sandy Denny had if anyone does. :cool:

indigo_m and davenav like this.
  23. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

I agree. It's surprising to me that these were never included on an album. I especially like the 70s acoustic stuff. I've seen some kind of negative reviews on Amazon and was kind of surprised by that. I really think these songs are all so good! I have a lot of GC fantasy albums - a box set with all the official releases & some extras is one of them. Another is a double vinyl 45 EP (similar to The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour double EP) of Sings For You with included with a digital download card.

beccabear67, davenav and Dok like this.
  24. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

For those that are still waiting on delivery of the LP, just to let you know I requested, and received, a refund for that part of my order.

25. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

Any further update from anyone?
    If all orders were going to be in the mail by June 1, I'd think some people would have received a confirmation by now. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.