What's going on with Popmarket online store?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by telepicker97, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkler

Sparkler Senior Member

Don't doubt. I'll admit it :) I just received my Peter Gabriel Us/Up 33RPM bundle an hour ago. Return address and invoice both show "PopMarket" on them. Hopefully, everyone else receives their "pending" PopMarket orders.

tmtomh likes this.
  2. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Did they send you any kind of notification first??

3. Sparkler

Sparkler Senior Member

No notification at all. It just showed up on my doorstep. Postmark and invoice show April 5 ship date.

4. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

I'll probably see mine then even though I've bought it somewhere else. Oh well, I'll probably sell it at a bargain for someone

5. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

The best guess is that the warehouse had labeled unshipped orders when it was locked shut. My theory is that the new management is just moving this stuff out regardless of status.

tmtomh likes this.
  6. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

My last order from them (including the Kinks mono set, and 4 other single LPs) got shipped to me just before Christmas, which was a month after I placed the order, but I was happy since I finally got the order.

Then two months later, I got re-shipped 3 of those 4 single LPs, and not re-charged. I'm sure it was some sort of duplicate error. I wonder if I should ship them back or if I should give them away to friends (I'd feel bad selling them).

7. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Uhhhh...... they're yours to do whatever you want with 'em.

tmtomh likes this.
  8. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

E
    Exactly

tmtomh likes this.
  9. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Whoever picked up the pieces of Pop Market, their first order of business is to start turning around the negative vibe surrounding the company and make some friends. Fulfilling old orders, no matter their status, is a great way to do this. They probably bought the existing inventory for a greatly discounted amount. Creating good will by shipping these orders when possible won't cost them a lot. It's cheap advertising and an enlightened move by the new management. It gives me hope that they will have their act together.

kozy814, babyblue, Sparkler and 3 others like this.
  10. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Well, the domain name is alive again and the website is back, looking as it has the past few months. I was even able to log into my account. It seems they may keep the brand alive rather than switch everything over to Direct2U. Between that and the backorder shipments that people are receiving, evidently they're trying to make good.

I liked the concept (especially when it was one deal/day), and if they upgrade customer service I could see myself ordering a lot more in the future.

Juggsnelson and 500Homeruns like this.
  11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I agree! The daily deals were a great way to pick up items I was on the fence about.

tmtomh likes this.
  12. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Yep - same here. Got a couple of very nice deals that way, and often major savings because so many of the deals were on box sets and deluxe editions.

13. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

I just ordered the Sgt Pepper super deluxe box set with a gift certificate that I had not used and the WELCOMEBACK15 code to get the price under $87.00! Great deal!
    Welcome back, PopMarket!

14. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Wow, I'm surprised they took the gift cert - that's great! Nice deal..

15. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

Actually, we will see what happened since I got email that it was over $140.00. Hmm.

16. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Did they make you pay for it up front or do they charge you at shipping?

17. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Very interested to see how this goes- keep us posted on the Beatles purchase. It'll determine whether it's worth ordering from them again, or just moving on.

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I'm definitely not paying up front for preorders.

19. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

They did charge me for taxes but not for shipping, but paypal shows a charge of $86.74 while on popmarket shows I was charged $136.74.
    Hmmm..

20. athensdrums

athensdrums Forum Resident

I recently received a Popmarket shipment that literally had LPs sliding out of the mailer. Records were not damaged but the covers were mangled in transit. Sent an email (with photos) to customer service two weeks ago; no response. This isn't the first problem I've had with Popmarket but it will be my last.

21. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Oh wow, they're not even boxed anymore?? Seems the prices aren't great either- most things available on Amazon or elsewhere for less, but I only compared a couple of things.

22. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

They have some very good deals up today in the Daily Deal section. Endless Wire for under $11...I just ordered a few things. I ordered a ton of stuff over the previous couple years and never had a problem. We'll see this time....

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not a chance it will work. Their name is mud, and there are enough other outlets from which you can buy music at a discount that the only way they will revive their business is to start offering deals where they're losing money. Otherwise, the name is less than zero.

Good for those who had orders in limbo however.

24. Cake

Cake Forum Resident

I emailed them both last week and today to find out when they will be shipping this out. No response.
    I might just order the Pepper box set via amazon who never gives me problems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.