Acoustic Sounds 15% off on music and downloads

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ggergm, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season Thread Starter

I can't remember the last time I saw a deal on Acoustic Sounds site but one is there now. Use the code 15PERCENT to get the deal.

I used it on some of their Analogue Productions LPs, including Miles Davis' Bag's Groove. That title was unavailable from other online retailers. Acoustic Sounds had it and I got it for $29.75 instead of $35. Deal.

The free shipping on orders over $89 still applies.

2. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

They've had this code up for several weeks, and before that a ten percent code more or less all year. The online retailers seem to be in pretty ruthless competition--as long as one of them has fifteen percent off, you can just about expect them all to do the same.

Myke likes this.
  3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Leading into Record Store Day, there was a 20% off sale. They also usually have one around Labor Day, and then again, the December holidays.

4. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season Thread Starter

In the past, Acoustic Sounds was always the hold out. I remember one poster here telling a story of calling them, asking when they would have their next sale, and getting laughed at. I'm not surprised they had to adjust their marketing strategy. As you say, it's a cruel world out there.

5. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

You're right; it seems they've had to adapt. I'm sure buyers have little loyalty between these sites, though I prefer Acoustic Sounds because they ship quickly and with FedEx. And of course it's the best source for records produced by their Analogue Productions affiliate.

6. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

My loyalty is whoever has the lowest threshold for free shipping and also takes discount coupons for pre-orders. At this moment it's SoundStageDirect.

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Does Acoustic Sounds ever off these % off coupons for audio gear/hardware?

8. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Up for Acoustic Sounds' 20% off sale. I'd been waiting for it to hit so I could buy an out of print item. The sale started this afternoon.

If you're looking to use 20% off on pre-orders, check out Music Direct. According to another forum user, Music Direct is the only store that allows coupons on pre-orders (currently 20% off).

9. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

I haven't seen that happen yet. I've used coupons twice now where orders included plastic sleeves, and the coupon wasn't applied.

10. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Is there a code for 20% off? I've been wanting to buy some nusic from them.

11. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Yes, it's in their banner that's on the right hand side of the page. 20PERCENT

12. Time to finish out those Beach Boys' SACDs.

joannenugent and superstar19 like this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

Can someone please tell me which method they use when you order over $89 and get free shipping?

14. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

It has always been FedEx for me

15. George P

George P Notable Member

Very cool, thanks! :wave:

thatguy1976 likes this.
  16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I was wondering why they'd drop the discount from 20% to 15%. Should've known it'd be George. :laugh:

17. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

I noticed that every single SACD in my wish-list (all 30 plus of them), regardless of label now says 'not eligible for further discount'. Is this a permanent change? Very disappointing if so.

18. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

What a drag! It's not just those two labels, but also ORG. I wish I had known, I would have stocked up on everything during their last sale. Same situation at Elusive Disc.

19. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They had 25% off on black Friday last year on everything as I bought several AP items including Tillerman 45 rpm and got the discount.....patience my friends

Twinsfan007 and GentleSenator like this.
  20. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

This is a pretty recent thing where some labels are not eligible for discounts. We'll see what happens. Funny thing is that most of these same labels raised their MSRP prices on vinyl but since most sellers seem to have a constant sale it wan't too bad. Now they've raised their prices and no discount.

21. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

It's not a question of patience, those labels officially no longer allow any discounts on any of their releases.

Spitfire likes this.
  22. masterbucket

Nothing official I am aware of.
    I have gotten discounts on several mfsl/AP products this year...

23. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

^
    I've placed orders during several of their previous sales this year as well. This is a new development in the last month (?) or so. The email I posted from Acoustic Sounds states:

"certain labels are not allowing any discounts for items. The top two labels will be Analogue Productions as well as Mobile Fidelity." These changes are already reflected in all of the site listings, all of which state 'not eligible for additional discount'. It is the same on Elusive Disc's site. That's pretty clear-cut to me.

24. masterbucket

Are you talking about AS and ED only?
    I just punched in a MFSL Blood on the Tracks and AR Steppenwolf Gold on Music Direct and it gives me the discount.

25. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

I was just referring to those two sites. The in-stock AP SACDs at Music Direct don't have a 'not eligible' note, but as far as I can see there isn't a current coupon code (other than the 10% vinyl one) that I can punch in to double-check. (If there *is* a current coupon at Music Direct that works on the AP SACDs, I'll gladly use it right now!)

I'm only going by the Acoustic Sounds email and the listings on their and Elusive Disc's site, so I'd be happy to be wrong and/or have received incorrect or incomplete information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.