Some cheap vinyl from importscds listed on ebay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by paul....r, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmart1

mmart1 Forum Resident

2. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

3. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Great price, but the detailed info says it's from 2002. From what I understand the 2012 pressing is the one currently in print, but it has a different UPC than the one on eBay. I don't see any vinyl releases from 2002 on Discogs. I wonder which version this one is?

4. VinylSteals

I don't think an original pressing would still be so readily available. I assume this is the 2012 version.

JasonA likes this.
  5. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Good question. ImportCDs sometimes gets the post wrong. I ordered a Television album from them and it turned out to be a 4 Men With Beards pressing.
    They listed it as something else. They got it wrong. They never got back to me about it. Oh well.

JasonA likes this.
  6. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Upon further research, if the UPC # in the auction description is to be believed, it is actually the 1999 European release:
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

I went ahead and ordered one. Discogs seller Collectors-Choice is also selling a few of these for the same price after factoring in shipping.

Anybody know if this is a good-sounding pressing? I know some of the other RHCP albums have had both good and bad different releases on vinyl. I've read very good things about the 2012 release of BSSM; hopefully this one lives up to it.

7. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

I wouldn't buy it if its not the most recent all-analog pressing.

8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

God help me this thread again.

9. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I ordered a copy from Collector's Choice on Discogs awhile back, but it was the 2012 reissue that showed up. I'm guessing you will get the 2012.

black sheriff and JasonA like this.
  10. johnnypaddock

Off topic I know, but the older EU pressing is excellent, and might beat the 2012 in some areas. You can't go wrong with BSSM on vinyl. There are three different cuts released in 2012 and all sound excellent.

JasonA and black sheriff like this.
  11. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Thanks, that makes me feel better about my purchase from ImportCDs. Already have the original CD so I struggled with whether or not to pull the trigger on this, but for less than $13 I couldn't resist.

12. johnnypaddock

All of the BSSM vinyl reissues beat the CD for me. A no brainer at that price.

black sheriff and JasonA like this.
  13. VinylSteals

14. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

yeah but if ur gonna end up buying another pressing anyway... why not just save for the one u really want? I guess it depends on how big of a fan u are of this album.. if u just need to own it on vinyl hell yeah get the $12 LP! but if u love the record like i do, and have a touch of mastering OCD, its gonna bug u forever u got a digital source, when there's an all analog out there!

15. VinylSteals

16. VinylSteals

17. Dan

Dan Senior Member

In a classic f*** up they sent me someone elses entire order! Even has their name and order number on the invoice inside. If anyone knows an Eric in NJ I have your order!!! :realmad: And he probably has mine! :(

18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

What did you get?

19. aoxomoxoa

Oh and what was your order?

20. Dan

Dan Senior Member

His order was jazz vocalists; Diana Krall, Dee Dee Bridgewater were two I can remember. Mine was a couple of Iggy Pop albums & one or two other things. Polar opposites! The other problem is a couple of the items I ordered were the last ones in stock so I guess I'm SOL. I likely won't be able to reorder them.

21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Maybe they have some new guys in the mailroom. They messes up my order too.
    They shorted me on my order. Oh well.

22. aoxomoxoa

Bummer

23. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

My $12.87 Blood Sugar Sex Magik LP showed up in the mail today, and is in fact the 1999 European pressing. Bare bones packaging, no gatefold and quite a bit of scuffing on the records, but it plays and sounds fantastic so far. Worth every penny!

24. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Someone who ended up with my records ending up finding me through the interwebs.
    The shocking part is that I did not end up with his records, so there are at the very least multiple people involved in this particular snafu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.