Polk Flagship Line Speaker Sale - Hurry!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SandAndGlass, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident Thread Starter

F.Y.I.

There is another great deal on the Polk flagship speaker line, the LSiM's, all for 50% off, today and tomorrow only.

I scored a pair of these $4K speakers for half off at $2K, last year. they are the LSiM707's.

Great speakers, they weigh 100-lbs. each and can crank out some monster quality sound.

[​IMG]
    The whole line is being offered for 50% off! They have two different tower speakers, a bookshelf model, surrounds and two center channel speakers.

These are great speakers. I doubt if anyone could touch a speaker like this for a grand each.

2. Tim Irvine

Tim Irvine Forum Resident

And they are very nice looking, but this sounds like a throwdown for Tekton devotees.

;0)

fuse999 and Jimbo1960 like this.
  3. dchang81

dchang81 Forum Resident

wonder how many they sell at the normal msrp

timind likes this.
  4. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

Quite a few.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice thanks for the heads up man!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. redchiro

redchiro Forum Resident

I bought the 705's during the last sale. I like them more and more every day:
    Are they best in class in any one area? No. But, they do everything well. The mids are very natural, sweet, musical. Treble is perfect to my ears. There is delicacy, nuance, refinement, without sounding etched or hyped. The bass is balanced with the rest of the frequency response, but is not a super fast type of tight bass. It's fine and sounds like music should. I was pleasantly surprised at how good these are, but speakers are a matter of personal taste. Still, I cannot imagine too many people not enjoying this type of sound. The 705's are great for a medium sized room. The 703's are a screaming bargain at the half off price. They would be perfect for a medium sized room as well. They have the same mid/treble performance as the bigger towers. The mids/treble really is quite lovely in these spkrs.

4xoddic, F1nut and SandAndGlass like this.
  7. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member

These look like nice speakers. Polk doesn't get enough respect, IMO. They know how to make good speakers at any price point.

62caddy, gd0, George P and 5 others like this.
  8. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Still waiting for the rti sale... I want me some rti A9s!

SandAndGlass and 4xoddic like this.
  9. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

How often do they have these 50% off sales on the LSIM line? I've got a pair of TSI500 that I'd really like to upgrade to the LSIM707. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a move right now and cash is rather tight :(.

Side note: Anyone know if the LSIM 707 would be a very noticeable step up from the TSI500?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I have the bookshelf version of these, and they are very nice speakers. Congrats!

11. Helom

Helom Forum member

That's a lot of speaker for $2k.

seed_drill, SandAndGlass and 4xoddic like this.
  12. timind

timind phorum rezident

I seem to get these notices twice a year. It only takes a minute to sign up for their on-line sale alerts. My interest is in the 703 monitor. I got this notice and also saw Polk was selling refurbed 703s at 75% off retail. That was really hard to resist as I once bought a pair of refurbed LSi 7 monitors on ebay and couldn't tell them from new.

SandAndGlass, 4xoddic and mreeter like this.
  13. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Also have the bookshelf 703's and they are very nice. I wish I could justify another pair.

14. SandAndGlass

This is an excellent and completely honest review.

Where can you get speakers like these at BOGO prices?

No where else that I know!
    You will like the RTiA9's!

I bought the at a half price sale a year or two before I bought the 707's.

They are killer speakers. They are 100% of everything that you expect for them to be.

The are huge towers! They can fill a large room with sound.

During the sale, I got my pair for $750! That is just stupid cheap for speakers like those.

And, they sound fantastic.

They are as big as most people would ever put in a house.

I have not seen them on sale lately, the last time that I saw them on sale, might have been three years ago.

Hopefully they will put them on sale again real soon.

They usually run a sale after Thanksgiving, until the end of the month.

Make sure that you go on their web site and sign up to received their product notices. They don't spam you to death, just a new product announcement, here and there and notices of their sales.

62caddy and 4xoddic like this.
  15. SandAndGlass

They will sometimes hold a sale on the LSiM line, once or twice a year. Sign up for their newsletters on their web site. They usually hold a big sale after Thanksgiving.

And as to the Side note: Moving up to the 707's from the TSi's is like moving from a base Chevy Corvette, to a Ferrari, any Ferrari. Got it! :)

The Pinhead likes this.
  16. SandAndGlass

NOPE, two different kinds of speakers.

17. SandAndGlass

Absolutely true.

Polk is a company that sells most of their products at their retail prices. They operate on a retail level, similar to Klipsch.

If one of the smaller, "boutique" speaker companies made a speaker like the LSiM707's, they would have to retail them for at least $8K a pair.

Polk is so large, that economics of scale, really comes into play. The 707's even look stupid expensive. They don't even look like, what you think a regular Polk speaker looks like. They look like they come from a custom manufacturer.

They look and play like speakers that cost a good bit more than $4K/pr.

At a grand apiece, your are buying audiophile looks and sound for some stupid cheap money.

I haven't seen any other similar product out there for this money.

My pair are in the Midnight Mahogany, which is another way of saying, they are Black.

[​IMG]
    These are really large towers and weigh 100-lbs. each (actually 99.2-lbs.)

Here is a cut-away view:

[​IMG]
    They use some really thick MDF in their construction, these things are solid!

18. SandAndGlass

Funny thing, I had just PM'd another member as we were having a discussion about another subject.

Being that he already has a set of bookshelf speakers, I mentioned to him about the 703's.

After I had sent the PM, I saw the alert for your post. and followed the alert.

You had just posted about the 703's seven minutes earlier. :laughup:

19. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Per your suggestion about a year ago, I signed up for the newsletter. Still waiting on that rti sale. :goodie:

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. theclipper

Great feedback everyone!

I'm also wondering if my listening room would be big enough for the 707s. My current room is about 13'x16.5' and I have the TSI speakers oriented on the short wall. I'm not sure what the exact dimensions of the new room are, but it seemed be about the same size as my current room.

Thanks!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  21. Tim Irvine

Tim Irvine Forum Resident

Absolutely. I was speaking only in terms of value at that price point.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. SandAndGlass

Sure, it would be a nice size room for the 707's.

My audio room is in the former lobby, of the motel that I run. It is about 450 sq. ft. It is a little bit larger than an average two car garage, though not completely square.

I have an older 60" DLP rear projection TV on a stand in one corner of the room and I have the 707's next to the TV screen and I have a pair of Zu, Omen Definitions, next to the 707's. I have an A/B switcbox so I can select either speaker.

I use the front mains both for 2-channel stereo and for HT. They are 4'11" apart. measured from the inside to inside. They are flush with the front of the TV screen. The center of the TV screen is 10'6" to the center of the center cushion of the couch.

No magical distances here, it's just where they can fit. I have previously had the RTiA9's in the same position.

You should have plenty of room and your room has a nice volume, they should work nicely there.

23. theclipper

Thanks for the feedback. You don't think the bass would overpower or sound muddy in a room of my size?

24. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Question for the 707 owners....what wattage amp do you use to sufficiently power them?...thx in advance

25. SandAndGlass

Not at all. These are natural sounding speakers, they have plenty of bass but are not bass heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.