Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Despite both Superman and Batman being superheroes, while they do respect each other they disagree about methods and that leads to conflict. Superman tends to be a bit passive, while Batman tends to take actions that have the potential to backfire badly. Examples of Batman's actions:
    • He maintained files on each member of the Justice League with ways to defeat them if it becomes necessary...then one of his enemies stole the information and used it. Batman was kicked out of the Justice League for this.
    • Created a plan (one of many) that would allow him to unite all of the criminals under a leader that he would control. Spoiler (Stephanie Brown, a former Robin) stole the plan and implemented it without knowing all of the details (such as the leader would actually be Batman in disguise) and it resulted in a gang war that resulted in a large number of deaths and massive destruction and did lead to the criminals being under the control of a single leader...Black Mask.
    • Due to the actions of the Justice League (wiping the memories of villains who discover their secret identities and then wiping Batman's memories when he discovered what they were doing), Batman created a satellite system that could monitor every superhero on the planet so that he would be alerted and action could be taken. Then, someone took control of the satellite and gave it teeth (in the form of ordinary people injected with a nanovirus that could turn them into lethal cyborgs under the control of the satellite [Brother I]) that are on a mission to kill every superhuman on the planet.
    Added to that is Wonder Woman, who has no issue with killing an opponent if she considers it necessary...which led to a breakup of the Justice League when she, Superman, and Batman decided they could no longer work together.

2. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

Or else a superhero movie from the same era with those two. With Leonard Nimoy and Julie Newmar as the villains.

3. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

.....and discovers the reason is because Dan Patrick has a cameo role in every one of his movies.

4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Invasion of the Bad Actors

Through CGI a classic film is screened with the original actors one by one replaced by bad actors.

kch27 likes this.
  5. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

With cameos by Elsa Lanchester and Arthur Hunnicutt, directed by James Whale, screenplay by Ben Hecht and Billy Wilder.

6. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Hells Angels on Wheels part 2, Easy Rider part 2, Close Encounters part 2, what happened on the aliens planet? Et part 2 , c'mon Mr. Speilburg, lets have it. LOL! The forbidden plannet, life and times of the Krell, gotta love those 50's sci-fi sound effects, War of the Worlds part 2, the return of the robots. Space balls part 2, lol< self explanatory.......:cool:

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'd like to see a 10-hour HBO mini-series on the complete personal and professional lives of the Rolling Stones. This would be a big, big, big deal if they did it right and didn't try to white-wash the story.

MikaelaArsenault and fr in sc like this.
  8. Dwight Fry

Dwight Fry Forum Resident

I've never really sat down to watch a "fan edit", but I would love to see somebody dive into all of the material originally filmed for "For Your Consideration" and pull a more satisfying film from it. The decision to portray Catherine O'Hara's character being publically humiliated at the end of the film was an extremely poor one, completely derailing everything that preceded it.

9. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

There is suppose to be a movie being made based on Stephen Harding's "The Last Battle". The true story on how in the waning days of World War II, American soldiers, German soldiers and Austrian resistance fighters teamed up to prevent a group of French VIPs from being captured and executed by the SS. It would be nice to have a movie about real heroes instead of comic book heroes.

The Last Battle (Harding) - Wikipedia

You could get a good miniseries based on Sam Houston if done right.

10. a Stanley Kubrick interpretation of Dark Side Of The Moon with the album as the soundtrack... basically a long music video

11. A remake of MASH done in the lighter comic vein of the TV show, starring circa Old School-aged Vince Vaughn and Will Farrell as Hawkeye and Trapper, respectively.

12. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

I'd like to see both of those! "The Last Battle" was a good read----when I read it I was surprised I hadn't heard the story before, and I read a lot of stuff about WW2.

longdist01 likes this.
  13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

You Should Never Have Opened That Door

Two guys who do a real time streaming American Pickers type show are tipped off that there's a whole lot of interesting stuff in an old barn in the midwest. When they open the doors they find the planes involved in 9/11 in mint condition. Because they're streaming live they realise that either the FBI, the CIA or the government are coming to get them. The rest of the film is how they try to escape this predicament.

14. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

A 1940's A Christmas Carol made by Universal Studios using all of their horror stars. Karloff as Scrooge.

Turok Son Of Stone...in a place much like Peter Jackson's Kong.

A Sonny Liston biopic. Raw, Gritty, warts and all ala Raging Bull.

A Wild Wild West that does tv show justice.

A monster/horror movie where the monster survives at the end.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  15. Indy500

Indy500 Forum Resident

Brad Thor's Scot Harvath thrillers... but PC Hollywood isn't gonna touch those no matter how many copies he sells.

Speaking of spy movies we were promised a 5th Matt Helm movie at the end of The Wrecking Crew, "The Ravagers." Wish that had been made.

16. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

The Legend of Jon Gnagy

17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Yeah.. he had a cool outfit.

18. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Well, first, the book or screenplay would have to be written, but, I think that a movie about the outlaw area of Caddo Lake, at the Texas and La. border would, make a good Kevin Costner movie.

You'd have the story of The Regulators, trying to reign in outlaws, and them going to far, so that another group, The Moderators, is formed to try and reign in The Regulators.

After the Civil War many wanted men would migrate to the Caddo Lake area, because it was so hard for Law Enforcement to track them down in one of the largest flooded cypress forests in the United States.

Read more about it here:

Caddo Lake History Page

Solaris likes this.
  19. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Peter Landesman To Helm ‘The Last Battle’ For Studiocanal And The Picture Company

Thanks for sharing the story below, have to get the book now!

20. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

Kubrick's Napoleon with Nicholson

21. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

The Topher Grace Story

22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The first openly gay president is secretly straight with a wife and kids hidden from the world.

23. I always wanted Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks to do Young Dracula after Young Frankenstein.

24. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Fletch Won

Conspiracy of Dunces.

I know, about as likely as Archives 2.

25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

How did a World War II bomber suddenly appear on the moon and disappear just as suddenly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.