MFSL now doing 7 Bob Dylan titles in mono (hybrid SACD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agentalbert, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Yes for mono sacd, JWH would be the third to add to debut and BIABH.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

It's nice that they're also doing mono for people that want it. But why didn't they just do a double-disc and have one disc mono and one disc stereo, in the same packaging? I would also like to see them move onto other titles. It seems like they are going back and redoing stuff that has already been done. Who knows, maybe we'll get some Pink Floyd MoFi SACDs next.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Most likely for licensing reasons, I doubt Sony allowed them to.

4. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Just got the mono John Wesley Harding Mo-Fi SACD today.

Sounds amazing. Rich and involving, it exceeded my expectations.

Now I'm gonna have to pick up more of thge mono SACD titles before they disappear.

art likes this.
  5. Have any of the other mono SACD's sold out yet?

6. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

You're gonna need to use a couple rolls of ten to collect them all.

audiomixer likes this.
  7. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

I don't any of the mono titles have sold out.....yet.

8. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I just ordered all three of the mono SACD's that are currently available from Music Direct (20% off, but I think this ends real soon - like maybe today). All were listed as in stock and ships today.

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Nope, no need to panic.

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

#68 here. :p

art, Shvartze Shabbos and Lonson like this.
  11. Lonson

"But you’d better hurry up and choose which of those bills you want
    Before they all disappear"

12. And when they run out of the 2000 or 3000 there is the unlimited batch of non-numbered discs, some of which I received while trying to make sure I got in on this 'strictly limited offer' opportunity. . . :whistle:

13. Tony Plachy

Are you saying that Music Direct or MoFi sent you a Dylan mono SACD in an un-numbered case even thought you thought you were going to get it in a numbered case? :confused:

14. Tony Plachy

Are the disc actually numbered or is just the case numbered? I ordered both the three Dylan mono SACD's and the two Ry Cooder SACD's, this should be very interesting when I start opening them, who knows what I will find.

15. Lonson

Numbers are on the outer case, back panel, only.

16. It's a number printed on the back of the cardboard (case) sleeve. See below. Music Direct and MFSL are essentially one in the same. Or I should say MFSL is a label owned and distributed by MD. Yes, I've bought directly from MD and have received limited editions which were blank. No number in the little white box where there embossing machine prints the number on the CD sleeve/case. its been suggested those are promo copies but when they are shipping them directly to the consumer, you can draw your own inference.

[​IMG]

17. Tony Plachy

FWIW, I estimate I have over 500 SACD's (mostly rock and blues - I have an out of date inventory that says I have around 350, but I am sure I have added at least 150 since I last update the inventory). I have over 60 MFSL titles. All of my MFSL's are numbered. I have never received an SACD that was not what was suppose to be in the case from any supplier of any label. So both the un-nmbered MFSL's and the wrong SACD in a given case are shocking to me. I wonder if MFSL stuffs its own cases or if the SACD plant does it for them?

18. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Except that's not correct. They both have the same owner, but are separate business entities and operate, for the most part, independently.

19. Not entirely accurate either, but I'm not going to argue or discuss further.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  20. They have to assemble them once the
    cases are printed and numbered. Btw it's not prevalent. The only time I received a non-numbered title was recently with titles that were supposed to be limited to 2000/3000. All of the other releases (and I too have many) have numbers.

21. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Actually, my statement is completely accurate. You provide no evidence otherwise and I am just trying to set the record straight. Please do not dismiss me out of hand.

22. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Having been to the Music Direct warehouse many times I can tell you your comments are not accurate

23. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Just played my copy of John Wesley Harding mono sacd MFSL. My number is as usual jolly high 1565. Ordered it over 6 months ago and arrived in the post from Diverse Vinyl yesterday. Wonderful album even on an old cassette or mp3. I thought the vocal on Watchtower had a slight difference in tone/colour and the harmonica on I Am a Lonesome Hobo was a touch strident but I have not done any comparisons with 2010 mono cd or the old Columbia cd (stereo) from the 1980s so that might be just me. Very pleased to have a mono sacd of JWH though. Just need hi res files of both mono and stereo and that will be it.

24. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

I have all the MFSL sacds. Don't have one without a number in the white box. I have seen MFSL vinyl pop up on eBay without numbers though.

25. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

I, too, have been to the new and old warehouses multiple times over more than a decade. That still doesn't contradict anything I said. Feel free to verify my claims, instead of trying to gang up on me. You will see that everything I've stated is correct.

Please contact either company and they will tell you what I told you. You can contact anyone from Jim Davis on down.

Music Direct: 800-449-8333
    Mobile Fidelity: [email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.