Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Where's Fletch?

You know how Chevy Chase was in every shot of the first Fletch movie. Well in the new one he's in every shot but cleverly disguised.

2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

KISS 2025

A millionaire (the gobstopper king of the tri-states) buys his idiot son a KISS franchise for exclusive use of the name and the image in Serbia, Iran and Iraq. Stars Harry Styles and Prince Harry. Gene and Paul do self deprecating cameos.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

A Mad Max movie that shows how civilization eventually broke down and how Max dealt with it. In the 1979 original, society is crumbling but there are still night clubs, ice cream parlors and TV stations. By the time of Road Warrior, all that was gone. I'd like to see the story filled in a little.

4. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Taxi Driver 2

A comedy. Travis goes on a kill crazy rampage, coming up with all sorts of taxi related murderous mayhem. Hilarity ensues.

5. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian." I've heard it was attempted but nothing ever got off the ground. Done as a movie, it would completely invert the classic Western genre and blow people's minds.

Also, Confederacy of Dunces, as mentioned above. Although it would take an extremely gifted film maker and principal actors to make it work.

Borgia likes this.
  6. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

The scent of a Woman 2, after a triple bean burrito!:biglaugh:[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

A Nick Drake biopic

8. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

I always used to think that it was sad that Laurel and Hardy never got to make a film that they(Laurel, anyway)had any control over after they left Hal Roach in 1939-40. But I guess one has to understand developments and changes in the movie business and popular culture to see L&H's film career in it's proper perspective.

9. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

Thank you for the like. I also wished that the Marx Brothers had made more movies in their "zany" style than the few early ones they made for Paramount. But the Marx Brothers never indicated that they wanted to make more films in that style, wanting to make "prestige" films, and the early 30s "madcap" style of comedy film was pretty much dead by 1935.

10. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

The end of Star Wars part 1, star bores blows up.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yah, that would rule!:biglaugh::righton::-popcorn:

11. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

TIME TUNNEL: THE MOTION PICTURE

[​IMG]

12. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

How about an original move idea from Hollywood writers?

Personally, I am looking froward to Fat and the Furriest. The movie where Vin has gotten very obese and changes his name to Van Diesel and is too fat to get into his furry costume to go to the local furry convention and comedy ensues.
    Or how about Pirates of Pittsburgh, where a cheap ass owner actually pays his players and they to stay to compete for a World Series?
    Or Guardian of An Galaxy Vol. 78, where star lord discovers a 78 rpm record that his great-great-grandmother recorded and whatever, I've not seen any of these films.
    Or Bay, Watch. A documentary of the life and times of Otis Redding, where he sits on the dock of the day, and we waste time watching him tell and sing his life story.
    Or Alien: Revolution. It is discovered that the Beatles were actually Aliens from another galaxy (potential cross over) that played teeny-bopper pop, until they discovered mind-altering substances and helped them change the course of music forever. And the cliff hanger ending can be where Paul is in a potentially fatal car wreck in 1966, and that could lead to Alien: Revolutions. They could have 9 of these movies alone. Nine. The number could be up to 9.
    Or The Mummy, where everyone that looks at the mummy turns to stone. And the Mummy goes around looking for an ancient Egyptian coin. Wait, nevermind, that was a Scooby-Doo episode.

In not sure they could write the works of Shakespeare, but give me a room full of orangutans and some typewriters and I bet they can put out better drivel that is out in the theaters now.

13. vivresavie

vivresavie Forum Resident

More films directed by Charles Laughton.

14. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Team America vs. The Thunderbirds

15. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

He's too old now, but I always wanted to see William Hurt star in a remake of Shane. I also wanted to see Samuel L Jackson and Laurence Fishburne co-headlining an action film. Again, they're both too old now.

16. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

"Master and Commander: Oh Crap, I Guess It Is Flat".... ;)

17. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I'd like to see a kick ass scary part two of "John Carpenters The Thing".
    Have it start right where the other one ended.... we never saw what happened with those two guys, one of them wasn't going to die.

18. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

They may be too old for an action flick, but I'd love see them co-headlining a movie. Somebody write a script!

19. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Why not do two movies? In the first one two young men play the roles where they team up and then a second movie where Jackson and Fishburne play the same roles on their last mission...and they've been through a whole bunch of stuff between the two movies.

20. JonnyKidd

JonnyKidd Forum Resident

Charles Bronson in The Expendables. He'd be amazing in that film, dishing out justice in that inimitable Bronson fashion. I don't know, that's just what I think.

A live-action Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, made in 1972/1973 and starring Gene Wilder, reprising his role from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and perhaps a new actor playing Charlie.

21. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

In theory, that's good. But in order to make a sequel, the first film has to do great at the box office. If it did, the studio would want to keep casting the two younger actors in the roles.

22. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I wish Pink Floyd had shot their Division Bell shows in Imax. Pulse would really have been a beauty.

23. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

There are a few...such as an honest film about the life of[John Brown]...The Life of[Frederick Douglas].

24. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Oh,and a remake of the early Sixties gem[The Devil At Four O'Clock]with Denzel in the Sinatra role-Thandie Newton in the Barbara Luna role-Morgan Freeman in the Spencer Tracy role.

Standoffish likes this.
  25. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Possible option: They begin the movie with Jackson and Fishburne, and while in a firefight they recall the past...
    which fades into a time decades ago where the first met...towards the end we return to the present and see them (possibly) escape...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.