Rock n Roll Cruises

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradaTaylor, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

That was my feeling too. I didn't get back to my cabin until 4am.

BradaTaylor and geddyfleaharris like this.
  2. mdent

mdent Forum Resident

Heh.

Especially when they yell Man Overboard.

BradaTaylor likes this.
  3. zen

zen Senior Member

...Boswell Sisters!!

4. BradaTaylor

BradaTaylor Forum Resident Thread Starter

Man Overboard - sounds like the perfect name for the ship's house band.:)

mdent likes this.
  5. popeofcabinets

popeofcabinets Forum Resident

an old friend of mine goes on these all of the time. he says they are a blast, and beyond the music he meets some crazy hot girls!

Fullbug and geddyfleaharris like this.
  6. geddyfleaharris

geddyfleaharris Forum Resident

Food, music, great scenery (the kind popeofcabinets refers to, among others....), and jam potential....very cool!

7. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

He probably wasn't on the Yes cruise.

8. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

At least the cruise industry is providing employment for musicians who are at an age where there are decreasing job opportunities.

Chris DeVoe and geddyfleaharris like this.
  9. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Mrs. Marmot and I went on the first Outlaw Country Cruise. It was a real good time. We are not cruise people but a music cruise is something different, in our minds. We were planning on going on another but the core acts for the Outlaw Country Cruise are the same every year (so far, there's only been two and the third is in the planning stage)..... that's a little too much jack to shell out for the same artists you saw the last time.

The highlight was seeing Lucinda Williams, Paul Thorn, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and Steve Earle in an acoustic guitar pull.

Chris DeVoe and BradaTaylor like this.
  10. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

Went on the Blues Cruise a couple of years back. Had a wonderful time, highly recommended!

11. BradaTaylor

BradaTaylor Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, Zen. Been meaning to give you a shout out. I'd never heard of the Boswell Sisters before, and I watch quite a lot of musicals from that era. That is one of the greatest "music videos" I've ever seen. It's making me laugh again as I'm typing this. You live just down the road from where I used to work. I had an office in Union City for many years. Hard to find anywhere else in the world that has a better variety of live music than the Bay Area.

zen likes this.
  12. Shipped_It

Shipped_It Identifies as Musician

I'm working on putting on a series of rock festivals at Sandals Caribbean Resorts™, because this is what rock and roll deserves.

13. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I was on the Cruise To The Edge 2017 and it was a ball! Prog rock in every corner of the ship, great people, good food and plenty of drink. Met many rock stars and enjoyed some great concerts by bands like Yes, Kansas, Steve Hackett, Dave Kerzner, Focus, Bad Dreams, Mike Portnoy and his many bands along with Neal Morse. And a wonderful day in Cozumel.

I'm going back for CTTE 2018 this February. This time to Belize with headliners Yes, Marillion, Saga and Steve Hackett (0nce again).

Fusionfan likes this.
  14. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

[​IMG]

The debut of Mike Portnoy's new supergroup Sons Of Apollo!

Fusionfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.