Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Nothing here!

2. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

crickets... :confused::shrug:

3. Smith

Smith I'm cyanide over you.

Still waiting here in Toronto.

4. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Empty postbox in Tokyo, too.

5. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Very disappointing.

Just requested a refund for the vinyl...

6. JimD

JimD Forum Resident

Nothing here. But I do practice patience.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  7. jricc

jricc Senior Member

I ordered the cd on May 30 and am still awaiting a ship confirmation.

8. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Am I right to think that of those who placed a pre-order way back when this was first announced, the only customers to have not got everything they ordered are those who plumped for the superdeluxe set, and then told John that they'd be happy to wait for the vinyl to be shipped once the (delayed) DVD was ready? And am I correct to say that nobody has received the DVD yet?

All fine and dandy if this is the case, but I just want to check I've got things straight in mi mynd... Thanks in advance to anyone who can straighten me out.

9. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

My understanding is the last batch of LP's were held back in order to combine them with the DVD.

indigo_m likes this.
  10. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Thanks very much for replying. Really curious to see the DVD now...

indigo_m likes this.
  11. Smith

Smith I'm cyanide over you.

I did all of that but then said I didn't want to wait for the DVD and to please ship my records without it.

Then I sent another email saying so because he had troubles with the first email address.

Now I just listen to this Hachimitsupai album on repeat and stare through the obi into the middle distance, hopelessly.

kyodo_dom likes this.
  12. S Bindra

S Bindra Well-Known Member

Received an email today saying they have "begun" shipping:

The balance of your order for "Gene Clark-The Lost Studio Sessions 1964-1982" has finally begun. Your copy of the matching numbered 2 LP set, that included the DVD interview, "At Home with Gene Clark" and the certifcate will be on it's way over the next 7 to 10 days. I have personally packing each order, to make sure there are no problems, at least that is the goal.

Orders outside the USA obviously will take longer but I trust this time, the postal problems have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience. More news from Sierra Records will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

John Delgatto, Founder/President

zobalob, lightbulb, indigo_m and 2 others like this.
  13. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member

I have a file on my computer where I've been keeping all these Sierra emails over the past year-plus. They would make a fascinating book!

14. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

The Lost Studio Sessions. Never a more accurate title:).

15. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I too got the email.

Looking forward to actually talking about the DVD and the music, instead of wading through all the kvetching.

indigo_m likes this.
  16. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I received the same email today. I have played the CD when I've wondered how long the LP would take to be delivered. I also chose to wait until the DVD was ready to ship.

We are not children.I believe that we should have faith in our fellow humans and a bit of patience, OK a lot of patience in this case should be practised. My order was placed almost 18 months ago but come on it's not as if we have nothing else to play.

JimD, davenav and lightbulb like this.
  17. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Still nothing here....

18. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Just got my vinyl copy of The Lost Studio Sessions with the interview DVD. There are literally TONS of previously unseen photos dispersed throughout the video. The interview with Gene is excellent!! You will not be disappointed!

davenav and Clarkophile like this.
  19. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

Any thoughts on the presentation, and I'm assuming this included the "producer's credits." How is that all manifested in the set? LP sized booklet with liner notes?
    thanks

indigo_m likes this.
  20. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Yes, LP sized booklets with liner notes. The booklet is the same as the CD booklet except that it includes the "producer credits". There is a "certificate of authenticity" signed by Delgatto and Kai Clark (Gene's younger son) and a digital download card. The DVD is included in a pocket in the gatefold of the LP.

21. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

FYI - the digital download card also includes the 4 bonus tracks from 1970 which are not part of the 24 songs.

22. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

Very Cool! thanks for the info

indigo_m likes this.
  23. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

You're welcome. I hope you get yours soon. I'd love to hear some comments about the interview DVD.

24. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member

So another email from Sierra landed in my box yesterday about the Sierra Records 2017 Sampler CD, which was to be a freebie given away with orders - I ordered a couple of John Hartford CDs back in January and then pretty much forgot about it (didn't receive the cds but perhaps they will show up with the sampler cd? I am so confused!). The last track may be of interest here?

"You will be receiving in the next week or two, "Sierra Records 2017 Sampler CD". It was offered as part of your order back in December 2016 but due to a total lack of interest, less than 20 orders were received that would have included the sampler.

Having made it available to current customers with a few more orders (another 20), your copy which you do not have to purchase will be on it's way to you shortly. Though some of the tracks had to be changed, it is still basically the same line up of music tracks:

1. Rick Cunha: Best Friends (first time on CD with Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, Jennifer Warnes)
    2. Greg Harris: The Gilded Palace Of Sin (Tribute to the Flying Burrito Bros.)
    3. Randy Meisner: Take It To The Limit (Live)
    4. Doug Dillard & John Hartford : Poor Old Slave
    (Produced by Harry Nilsson first time on CD)
    5. Gosdin Brothers: It's All Right (never before released)
    6. Clarence White: Lost Highway-Criterion Sessions
    7. Muleskinner featuring Clarence White: Soldier's Joy with David Grisman, Richard Greene (never before released)
    8. Gene Parsons: Water in the Pygmy Forest (never before released)
    9. Dillard & Clark Expedition: With Care From Someone (original extended instrumental version, 6+ minutes)
    10. Rose Maddox & John Jorgenson: Love Me or Leave Me Alone with Bill Bryson, Jay Dee Maness, Dennis Caplinger
    11. Country Gazette: Won't You Call Me Darling (original 1972 group, unreleased track from their first album)
    12. Docker Hill Boys: Hard Time Blues (Joel Scott Hill, Booker T Jones, Gene Parsons, Chris Ethridge, Eric White, (never before released)
    13. Gene Clark: Misty Morning (Original 1972 Chris Hinshaw produced, mixed-extended version, never before released)"

zobalob, Hep Alien and Yorick like this.
  25. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

It would be nice for those who pre-ordered the Gene Clark set to get a copy of the Sampler CD for the long wait that they've had to endure to get what they paid for almost two years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.