New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

It's easier I think to reverse-identify the ones that don't make sense. Stealers Wheel was a no brainer- it had never been released on CD in the US. I've been tempted to do the Joe Jacksons, but they've been released in expanded CDs that you can still buy dirt cheap on Amazon so that looked riskier to me. Flying Burrito Bros too, I'm only aware of a compilation CD that allegedly has good sound, so that is a no brainer. And again, my distributor is now going heavier into SACDs so the future is looking better. I want to tell the folks here I will be doing the Judee Sill records on SACD. I would have announced that at the time of the LP, but I honestly only decided after my distributor started carrying SACDs.

supermd, cubbykat, eelkiller and 4 others like this.
  2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

The openness and transparency is awesome, Shane. Thanks for addressing my questions directly. I know things change and you can't predict the future, so I won't be upset if at some point later the SACD is no longer viable for your business. But for now, since you're staying in the SACD game, then I'm staying in the Intervention Records game. :)

Craig.

art and IR Shane like this.
  3. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident Thread Starter

don't kid yourself Shane, you already have a lot of soul.

IR Shane likes this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

You just won the Internet for today!

5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I don't know any other way to be. Thanks for supporting this!

art and canada_toque like this.
  6. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Man that is a fun album; I also have my fingers crossed for SACD.

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

:righton:

IR Shane likes this.
  8. You have to understand the SACD market from the perspective of today's music market.

There is a small but dedicated global audience of audiophiles heavily into SACD, willing to buy from the few labels putting them out. It's why most Pop releases on SACD are by acts that had global exposure and success in both America and Europe. Genres popular on both continents perform better in terms of SACD sales.

An easy way to gauge interest in which acts are popular on SACD is checking out the top SACD sellers on Acoustic Sounds' website.

Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

Since there is little active marketing for SACDs even in the music world, sales can be steady for years without the typical decay pattern seen with most releases as audiophiles discover certain albums have hit the format.

hvbias likes this.
  9. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

If it's too expensive to do physical digital product, there are many of us here that like hi-res downloads as well. The type of mastering care that goes into your releases would definitely be welcome since it's not uncommon for the label's hi-res downloads to be screwed up in some way (watermarked, compressed, etc)! When I go to the hifi shows it seems to be only vinyl or digital files that are being played.

johnnypaddock and James Bennett like this.
  10. art

art Senior Member

Judee Sill on SACD? thank you! best news.

IR Shane likes this.
  11. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

i saw it mentioned upthread but here's one: Cracker "Kerosene Hat".

DHamilton, jimhb, vette442 and 2 others like this.
  12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

TooL, Please!

Guss2, jimhb, Clonesteak and 3 others like this.
  13. Doc Young

Doc Young Forum Resident

I have a capitol 1/2 speed master that I have practically worn out. I really love this album, so happy to here you're reissuing it. Thanks!!

IR Shane likes this.
  14. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Will Ferguslie Park still get a SACD release?

15. Excellent! The Sill will be a release day buy for me!

Thanks!

IR Shane likes this.
  16. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Totally agree here.

hvbias likes this.
  17. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Good to know, just listened to I'm The Man last night and side one just explodes out of my speakers. Wish all records I owned sounded this good.

IR Shane likes this.
  18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I think Tool is doing their own reissues.

johnnypaddock and cyclistsb like this.
  19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I haven't heard anything. I know that Intervention Records would have done an amazing job of the highest quality. I doubt the reissues will come anywhere close to that quality.

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Where did you get that info? I couldn't find anything on the Tool website or Facebook page.

Guss2 and cyclistsb like this.
  21. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Is this a rumor or fact? I'd love to see a full reissue of their catalog in AAA.

Guss2 and econalan like this.
  22. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Will never happen. Neither will any new Tool album.

23. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

With the Commodores suggestion, which I dig, what do people think about some George Benson? I am missing my cassette of The GB Collection. Great tunes, super production, hollow body guitar; maybe I'm wrong but I don't see many audiophile offerings from him. I haven't tried any cds yet but thinking he would show well on a label such as this.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

I don't know about the reissues, but I think we'll see another album. Maybe not this year though.

Bods1968 likes this.
  25. sfoclt

sfoclt Forum Resident

I've picked up the Joe Jacksons and the Flying Burrito Brothers and quality is top notch all around. Really great releases.

IR Shane likes this.